Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

1 Night in PlagueFest

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Wet towel, Jul 11, 2012

1. May 27, 2012
    What if one night, for a predetermined time, we play a difficult map with UNLIMITED ammo! Just one map, maybe pred, blackmesa remix, mako, surf, new paranoid, saw, mirrors edge? It'd be nice not to worry about reloading. Lets just see how far we can make it! I believe we can beat any map with unlimited ammo. I also believe it would be a nice community effort to show that we can have little events and have unusual fun on zombie escape, with no prizes or proposals for donatorship. Of course a high level admin would need to turn off the reload and maybe be present in the server at the time, so the event has to be around his schedule (assuming the event is seriously considered). Thank you for considering!
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 2, 2011
      Bump Cuz I love this Idea @Josh Dont eat me for tagging you, But i feel you need too see this! :grin:
    • Feb 14, 2012
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jul 28, 2011
        • Like Like x 1
        • Dec 2, 2011
          :evilgrin: I was talking with Josh and I had the Idea To maybe make it a Thing every other week or Every second friday in A month, it could be a fun activity, We could even call it ZE-1NS [One.night.stand]

What do you guys think??????????????:thumbsdown::thumbsup:
          • Like Like x 4
          • Feb 1, 2011
            That's a really good idea!! Not that I want our server to be easymode like that French place, but I think it would be really fun once in a while. Something to mix things up always seems to bring people in and make them happy, just like Minas nights did when we were doing that. I would personally love to use my carefully honed full-open p90 recoil control that I learned on ZM during some epic ZE fights!! BOH
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 14, 2012
              You'd have to increase the HP of the zombies.
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
              • Apr 29, 2011

Adding no-reload, even for a limited time, would just be removing the slightest scrap of challenge from all of the maps. The fun in ZE comes from the difficulty, just like any game really, and putting no reload is like using cheat mods for Skyrim: Sure, it's fun at first to kill everything in your path without taking any damage, but it gets boring REALLY fast.

No reload works in ZM because everyone is spread out over the map, and is usually relegated to 2-5 people in a spot, and not being able to pass through other players lets the zombies push each other up eventually. In ZE, you can get upwards of 40 CTs in a single area, and zombies don't prevent each other from getting blasted away. The lack of block on ZE would also remove the zombie stack technique, which is the cause of much fail on ZM. Many ZE maps also force zombies to travel through choke points, be it vents or a staircase, which when combined with a horde of CTs, would make everything broken.

As for the idea of doing it to see how far the CTs could get, if they were unable to beat pretty much any of our ZE maps with no reload, they should go uninstall the game/toss their computer out the window.

Oh, and unusual fun? I find joy in seeing the different ways the CTs manage to fail a map. I really don't see how you get fun from removing the challenge from a game, but to each their own I guess.

tl;dr I think infi ammo on ZE is a terribad idea, unless the Zombies get massive reductions in knock back. Or Power Armor. Preferably the later.

EDIT: Also, I understand that it would be a once in a while thing. I still think it would be a bad idea for even a few maps.

2nd EDIT: I didn't notice that he had said ONE map, I thought he had meant a couple of maps. My bad. In that case it could work, and I agree with Dharkk in that announcements would need to be made about it.

However, I still think Zombies should get Power Armor, or at least lower gravity. If CTs get magical Ammo Clips of Holding, then zombies should get something game-breaking as well.
                Kyron The Wise, Jul 11, 2012 Last edited by Kyron The Wise, Jul 11, 2012
              • Jul 1, 2010
                I think it's an alright idea.. one map on one night with unlimited ammo isn't going to remove the difficulty of the server, it's not like it would be switched over to being like that all of the time. It's fun to do things differently occasionally.

We could even make the same map the nextmap to play it on limited ammo also so it's played both ways.

NOTE: For people who join new and think it's an unlimited server, it could be announced that it's an event several times throughout the map.
                Dharkk, Jul 11, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Jul 11, 2012
              • Feb 1, 2011
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Apr 29, 2011
                  I actually haven't played as much ZE lately (I miss thee sweet Minas), but have gotten into ZM as a replacement. And in order to be an Elitist of any kind, one must be a Stat Whore as well. I have not degenerated that far...yet.

Its just my opinion that if CTs get something OP, zombies should get something OP as well.
                • Feb 1, 2011
                  Was just messing with ya :razz: But I agree - Zombie health would have to go up for this to work, and knockback might have to be nerfed a bit too. Zombie flashbangs? I can always dream :razz:
                • Mar 4, 2012
                  How about insane pushback for CT pump actions and zambis with ridiculous HP so the CT's pretty much have to use the shotties. Boss maps would be interesting trying to balance between enough shotguns and regular weapons to take out the bosses.
                • May 11, 2011
                  yes humans get unlimited amo and zombies get flashbangs i love it
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Dec 2, 2011
                    So sounds like this Is a go maybe? Should make some sort of announcement ingame and on the site.

Edit: You can eat my pile of goo.
                    Richard420, Jul 11, 2012 Last edited by Richard420, Jul 11, 2012
                  • Feb 1, 2011
                  • Apr 29, 2011
                    I am quite confused as to why a single word in the middle of the sentence is capitalized. And it doesn't sound like a pile of ooze to me.
                    • Funny Funny x 2
                    • Oct 29, 2010
                      Excuse me, it's not Minas Tirith--it's know known as Gondor Castle!
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                      • Dec 2, 2011
                        i hit shift, yOU ASS! how do YoU lIkE these? eHhH?
                        • Funny Funny x 2
                        • May 14, 2011
                          I don't like the idea of unlimited ammo for some reason.

But events like this would sound fun.

Maybe make that thing that was discussed; reverse knockback a random event thing as well.

Brony zombies just for lulz?

Reverse infection? (Humans get the zombies)

I guess my suggestions arnet as great unlimited ammo.

What i ment to say was something thats just as fun but does not make the game easier? Just more fun?

I'm all for this event. Just giving My personal opinion on this.

PS: When I saw the title I thought you wrote a story lol. :razz: