Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

1 Week for Mic Spam

Discussion in Help Desk started by EvilCuisine, Jan 21, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 19, 2011
    So I got banned again for mic spam, and I was wondering if the punishment was too severe. So bored...
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    Your punishment will scale depending on your previous bans.

If you've banned once for mic spamming, then you'll be banned for a few hours to a day.

Your second offense you should be banned for a week, Then a month, and if situation calls, permanent.
  3. Sep 22, 2010
    Too severe?... or not Severe enough?

After all you've been gagged and silenced way too many times beyond the point of bans.
  4. Nov 19, 2011
    Just for mic spamming? :crying: Is there a definition for mic spamming.
  5. Nov 19, 2011
    I have never been warned for mic spamming, It's either get kicked or banned.
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    It's not something that's easily explained being that it's common sense, but I believe the rules give a good breakdown.
  7. Sep 30, 2011

To me it would be "Excessive use of microphone for any purpose other then team communication and civil discussion.
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    Please do not play dumb in appeals, it just makes you look even worse. If you're being serious, try to not use the mic as much, don't say pointless shit, and don't make people want to shoot you because your annoying them so much on the mic. If you follow those simple steps, you should be fine.

Hope this helped.
  9. Jan 8, 2012
    Most the time, people are singing, or changing their voices, or screaming, or constantly holding it down for nothing. Hes right, it is hard to explain my advice would be record yourself one game, and go back and listen to it. Maybe you will be like, damn I was acting a fool.
  10. Nov 19, 2011
  11. Jul 24, 2011
    Seems as tho you this is your 4th ban and 3rd for mic spamming, 1 week looks like they were being pretty patient with you and doing everything correctly (from what i see).
  12. Nov 19, 2011
    I just wish it wasn't this long. I would rather be permanently muted but still be able to play..
  13. Dec 6, 2011

^^^ WOW! 4th ban? You better take this into consideration Evil.... you should be glad as hell that it's not longer because this should be at least a month ban for your 4th, if not permanent.... The admins are being extremely generous with you.

I hope you really think about this when you read it. Maybe you should just try to play without a mic for a while, whatever you need to keep yourself from spamming it. Your in the red zone right now, so that would probably be the best idea.
  14. Sep 30, 2011

If a one week ban from our server is really putting you through this much distress, maybe you should consider doing something else..... away from the computer.
  15. Jul 24, 2011

Honestly, unless you can prove they did not warn you; or that you weren't mic spamming(IE: Record it in-action); then all you can do is wait it out and take it. Because 1 week is a pretty long ban for mic spamming, and complaining about it after a 4th ban would make some of the higher admins "lose their patients" with you. Take it and move on. Cool it with the mic and you won't get in trouble anymore.
  16. Nov 19, 2011
    I did alot of things, I bought MoH, got Half-Life 2 episode 1. I even have Skyrim, but I always come back to pF.
  17. Sep 30, 2011

Alright right, well after your ban is up here are some tips for you to follow.
    -If you want to say something over mic, think about it and then think about it some more.
    -If you're holding your talk button down for more then 20 seconds at a time, you're probably wrong.
    -If you're hitting your talk button more then 10 times a minutes, you're probably wrong also.
  18. Jul 24, 2011
    Just to add something: Mic spamming is taken differently from each admin. What I mean is: Talking for 3-4 seconds every 10 seconds would be considered mic spamming to some admins, while other admins don't think much of it. But if an admin feels you are on terms of doing something against the rules on the server....and they DONT take action because they aren't sure if it's quite mic spamming "yet", then they could get in trouble by some of the higher ranking admins.

IE: Someone says something racist over the mic while your on the server(and not afk). And you choose not to do anything about it, or you simply just dont care; then that would get an admin in trouble(if you could prove it actually happened). If it never gets taken care of "Hey this guy is saying racist thing over the mic and this admin doesnt want to do anything about it...?" then make sure u can prove it.

So if you are ever unsure if an admin is doing their job correctly IE: Muting u for mic spamming when u didnt even mic spam, then make sure u have solid proof to back it up. Otherwise, the only thing ppl are going to see is this:

This guy have 4 bans, 3 for mic spamming, and he only got a 1 week ban?

See my point?

it looks bad on ur end to complain about it when it actually looks like Badgriuel was being really patient with u for only giving u a 1 week ban after already having a 3 ban history.
  19. Jul 14, 2008
    I don't believe badgirl is going to lift the ban so wait it out. Having said that, everyone else summarized everything pretty nicely above.

Don't mic spam and you won't be punished.
  20. Jul 1, 2010
    Just to add real quick since I didn't see this in time, I know I have personally warned EvilCuisine almost every time I have been on the server with him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.