Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

11/11/11

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Devious Toast, Nov 10, 2011

1. Aug 1, 2011
    As everyone should know, Nov 11th is Veterans Day in America, and Remembrance Day in Canada as well as various other names around the world.

At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, I ask everyone to take a moment of silence to remember all those brave men and women who sacrificed everything, and those who continue serve to secure the freedoms that we have today, and hopefully continue to have for many generations to come.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    "Following the outbreak of the German Revolution, a republic was proclaimed on 9 November. The Kaiser fled to the Netherlands. On 11 November an armistice with Germany was signed in a railroad carriage at Compiègne. At 11 a.m. on 11 November 1918 — the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month — a ceasefire came into effect. Opposing armies on the Western Front began to withdraw from their positions. Canadian George Lawrence Price is traditionally regarded as the last soldier killed in the Great War: he was shot by a German sniper and died at 10:58."
  4. Aug 1, 2011
    The Armistice was signed earlier in the morning of Nov 11th, 1918 and was to take effect at 1100h that same day.
  5. Feb 18, 2011
  6. Sep 14, 2008
    Happy Rememberance and Veterans day everyone.
  7. Oct 22, 2010
    this day is now a holliday a 3 day holliday, for shopping, just like presidents day and every other american day, it is what it is... i'm waiting for 9/11 day, so we get off school and work and everything is 25% off in the stores. :confused:
  8. Mar 12, 2008
    So the days to remember the people that allowed you to buy your goods at 25% off is spent shopping?

Everybody laugh at this faggot.
  9. Feb 12, 2011
  10. Jun 19, 2011
    Happy and sad at the same time, wearing poppy in front of my heart. Been crying for almost an hour, can't control myself.

Lest we forget.