Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

120 Hz Monitors

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by N B K, Sep 1, 2012

1. Mar 19, 2011
    So I am really looking hard for a 120 Hz Monitor, I don't want a 3D Vision monitor (I have a AMD GPU Anyway) and as far viewing angles I don't really mind because I will always be looking at a straight angle anyways. I do also have around a $300-350 budget, I really want to get the best experience possible regardless if it's a TN or IPS Monitor. Any suggestions ?
  2. May 14, 2011

If not why go for 120Hz. You really cant tell the difference if you are casually lookign at your screen.
  3. Jan 21, 2011
    FWIW, the difference between 60 and 120Hz is minimal. When you get to 240Hz and 480Hz is where its noticeable.
  4. Mar 19, 2011
    No I will not be using the AMD3D, I notice in a certain game I play that even with me achieving 200+ Fps it isn't as smooth as I like it to be and that it's becoming a set back since I do play competitively. I've heard however that using a 120hz monitor for the game is such a noticeable improvement which will be very beneficial for me.
  5. Feb 18, 2011
  6. Dec 6, 2011
    What are you talking about? Not as smooth? then it's most likely a different problem. There's no need to waste all of the money on a 120Hz monitor, as Seeker said, the difference is minimal.
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 14, 2011