Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

16th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards YaY, Screw you Spike TV

Discussion in Gaming started by Bender Bending Rodriguez, Feb 13, 2013

1. Jun 11, 2012
    16th Annual D.I.C.E Awards for 2012. It's quite well done and I always enjoyed the Academy of Interactive Art and Science talk. Also enjoyed this year D.I.C.E talk. I watched while skipping the speaking part of the host, except the drunk dude at 2:07:30 that goes up on stage.

You can either watch the whole thing with the pre-show stuff, the show starts at 1:08:27

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3bXiR22AEU

or you can watch when it actually starts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u3bXiR22AEU#t=4107s

Overall I was pleased wit the nomination and winners except 1 category that had me shocked who the winner was till I thought about it and it made sense. The award for Zork and Gabe Newell were well done and it was great to see the little montage for them. This is how a award show for gaming should be, albeit Online Connectivity section was a meh.

Spike TV will always keep screwing up and should give up their VGA because it's not a about even a awards show. You can't called teabagging someone because their speech ran long a "Legitimate" thing. The more they exist, the more gamer can be viewed as idiotic bastards who enjoy seeing Busta Rhymes scream out "Drake is Back!!" with complete nonsense. Thus Spike TV makes a retarded show and invites people who have nothing to do with gaming (read celebrity in other media) and spend 1hr creating a image that gamers must suppressed for a whole year and be defensive against it until the next year. If you are making a show for your audience (for which I don't know), have semi dressed females that finds 1000 ways to die while speaking like a retard and run that for 25/8 (I like to receive the profit that I would make for you in 100$ bills please). I have a whole rant that can span pages but I won't subject you to it, maybe I'll make a post about it another time or eh!

Enjoy vigorously