Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

2016 Election Shitpost Thread

Discussion in The No Count Section started by atxdragon, Nov 8, 2016

1. Jun 29, 2014
    Unfortunately that's how 99% of today's population are.
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    let me reclarify, I am not saying I would rather Hillary be in the house. I said I think it's pretty clear why I hate her. I hate almost all politicians. I hate Hillary because she is a sell out. However, I do not take it lightly the issues that Trump has, either.

To me, personally, what he said rings a very sour sore note. I do take these issues that he has problems with seriously. LGBTQ rights, Minority rights, Womens rights, Womens health care. All of these are extremely important to me. It's one thing to disagree with them. It is a completely different thing to try to disprove and alienate people because they support these types of issues.

This is one of many reasons why I think Pence is a fucking joke.

https://www.facebook.com/aScienceEnthusiast/videos/1390574757637632/
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    Can you give me examples of where he has said he wants to take away rights from LGBTQ, minorities or women?

4. Feb 27, 2012
    [IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jun 29, 2014
      Just because I voted third party does not mean anything. The two party system is a fucking joke.
    • Jun 29, 2014
      Since some refuse to answer I can answer that for you. There isn't any. Just another hoax people like to believe thinking he is going to take away the rights of certain people.
    • Jul 8, 2012

You never pointed anything out. But I guess because some of his supporters are acting out it's all his fault but when the other sides supporters its cool? That video never once said WHAT RIGHTS HE WOULD TAKE AWAY. He hasn't said any of that during the campaign.

Oh look at this.

• Like Like x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012

i legitimately did not mean anything by it.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jun 29, 2014
        • Jul 8, 2012
        • Jul 20, 2010
          It's the way you mainly just point out some things that could be Trump supporters but we have no hard truth but you treat it as such. We know people will lie and do false flag attacks to further a cause. The issue is you're only pointing out what you think is things from Trump supporters but ignoring the shit that the other side is doing.

It's exactly the same way how you in one of your sources was railing against Trump for not speaking out against how some Trump supporters were acting out and it was all over the Media in the election cycle. But when the other side does it not a peep. It smacks of a double standard. Or do you not agree that the other side is guilty of the same bad things if not worse at times?

Not trying to attack you, but its what I gather from your posts and how you hold him responsible for EVERYTHING that is going on. When we have issues that are happening from both sides and there are radicals on both sides that will do this. But to say he needs to come out and stamp it out somehow because people are being dumb, but you don't ask or hold the other side to the same standard then I have a problem.

Of to bed had a long day at the hospital and tired as fuck, we can discuss this here or in pm's if you want. Whatever allows the conversation to continue with out the chance of it derailing.

PS: Might finally get surgery to get my stupid tumor out of my head :grin:.
          Badgriuel, Nov 16, 2016 Last edited by Badgriuel, Nov 16, 2016
        • Jun 14, 2012
            Clearly Trying, Nov 17, 2016 Last edited by Clearly Trying, Nov 17, 2016
          • Jun 29, 2014
            • Jul 8, 2012
              The difference, in my mind, between the two is pretty simple I think. Let me see if I can explain.

First off, you seem to think I'm making excuses, or I'm some how okay with How anti trump supporters are acting. This is partially true. One thing that it seems you don't understand, is that not all anti trump supporters are pro Hillary. Though I would agree a LARGE portion are, please stop lumping me in with pro Hillary supports. I do not support either of them. I simply just think Trump is a worse option. I do condone exercising your right to protest, but I think that some of the violent stupid protests are stupid. Violence for the sake of violence is stupid as fuck. I think we can both agree with that. However just because someone is protesting, and especially if it's non violent, I see zero issue with and the fact that it seems like a lot of people are lumping both in the same category makes me mad and is what I have issue with. There is a very clear difference, especially in the eyes of the law. Protesting is very much protected under free speech, being a stupid fuck is not. Peaceful non protesting is perfectly okay, and I will support it, regardless of issue or if I agree with the issue at hand or not. I very firmly believe people have the right to voice their opinion.

This is you making assumptions, and I'm sure it's not on purpose. I have never once praised violent protests, on either side, I simply align with most of the anti trump because I am against him, obviously. However I think (as I stated above) people like to lump non violent and violent in the same category. There is a big difference in what one I support and what one I don't regardless of the issue they are protesting. I think I covered it pretty well above but let me make it clear again. I do not support violent stupid protests. I do support peaceful non violent protests regardless of the matter at hand. So I do support the anti trump protests, but that does not make me a pro hillary supporter. I support neither of them. Please stop trying to assume (again I believe it is not on purpose) that I am writing off what one side does vs the other because of personal bias. This is not the case, nor will it ever be the case.

I don't condone stupid violence, regardless of side, regardless of political alignment, but I do support voicing your opinion.

I have not once said this. Though I will agree, I have not spoken against it, but that was because of how all of the questions seem to be why I am against Trump. Also, because I have never once argued for Hillary. Nor will I ever.

Anti trump does not mean pro Hillary.
            • Jul 20, 2010
              I think the major issue most people have with the protest besides most of them devolving into violence and destroying property. Is that people are not only protesting because Trump won but they are also protesting against the Electoral College(EC) and want us to move to a simple mob rule where majority of the votes dictates law and people in power for the President of the United States of America. That is one of my MAJOR issues with the protesters, they simply are mad that they didn't get what they wanted and are out pissed off. I know you're not pro-Hilary but you have a lot of left leaning ideals as you stated so you fall to one side of the political spectrum like we all do. I lean more to the right on lots of issues but there are other issues on the left I can understand and get behind with if they make sense and are done in a right way. Also Protesting is protected but what isn't protected is when your Protest infringes on other peoples rights like you know blocking freeways, roads and other things like that. You can protest all you want but when your protest begins to infringe on others rights and restricts the movement they are allowed to have then we have an issue. You can agree on that right?

I know you don't support her, but the way the country is going right now people are lumping everyone in two camps either Pro-Hilary or Pro-Trump which then devolves into even more different lumping of groups. Hell even if you voted for Trump because you liked some of his polices you are shamed and called every name in book. Is this how political discourse is supposed to be? No, you should be allowed to vote for someone that you think has the best interest in mind for you without having to worry about being hounded for your choice and I would say the same for people that voted for Hilary or any Third party member.

I think what really irks me the most about this whole process is what we are seeing being called for by people in the Media and people from the left and protests. That the election should be handed over to Hilary simply on popular vote alone and ignore the WILL of the states and people that voted for Trump and gave him the victory.

There is a VERY good reason the founders of our Republic placed the EC as part of how to pick a president, so no large group of large states or Cities really can have a say and disregard the rest of the people. There should be one change that I would like done to the EC and that is get rid of all or nothing states. And simply award the EC points from each states based on the percentage of votes you got for you in favor. That way every vote truly would count and we would most likely have more voter turn out as well. Since that turns off a lot of people to voting. Knowing they live in a deep red or deep blue state keeps a large amount of people home from voting since they know it would be a pointless vote cast.
            • Jul 8, 2012
              We can agree. I think protesting, and stupidly protesting is dumb as fuck and is so counter productive it's saddening. In my opinion, and this is just my opinion of course, it seems like you think all of the protests out there are lumped into the group of the cry babies. Now, I don't think you think all of them are, or that they all are, obviously. They just seem to be the vocal majority. I think we can both agree that protesting to be a cry baby that your candidate didn't win is childish. However, I think a lot larger of the actual protests going on (not just the ones being reported) are about actual issues and actual problems people have with this election. I have no source, yet, of that, but that is simply my view on the situation. I will look and see if I can find out more information about that. However not all protesters are like that. So I don't like when every protester is lumped in like that, just like I don't think every Trump supporter is racist or a bigot. I think that's a fair compromise we can make. Blanket statements are almost never good. I will say that if I have used them in my previous answers it is because I could not think of a better way to state what I was trying to say and I will try to clarify more if needed.

And?

Why does it matter if I am left or right? Red or blue? It should matter that I have an opinion that may or may not agree with you. It should matter that we need to work to some common compromise on said issues. I don't get why this seems to be important to you (not you specifically, but you as a nation) to label people either right or left. That's not how politics should work. I understand that's how a lot of people view politics, but I do not agree personally.

I fully agree. Which is why I think whenever it happens, regardless of side, it is stupid. It completely kills any credibility that the movement has.

True. But the majority of Americans, regardless of political affiliation, like to make things so simplified it kind of kills any chance of intelligent discussion. Especially politically. I think most of us here, at PF, are able to discuss politics are a bit of a higher IQ level and are able to not just lump people into political parties and write off their entire opinions based on what candidate they picked. I think we can agree, though, that it is okay to like one candidate more, however that means you end up putting his policies in effect regardless of if you agree with them personally or not. Which is why I think a lot of people have issue with those who voted trump. Though he has flip flopped a lot on said issues, I think people are rightfully scared because they simply just don't know what's going to happen. I think that fear is completely justified, because we don't know how trump is going to act, especially when every he has appointed (and his VP) have been very anti LGBTQ. Though yes, it is true none of them have come right out and said they flat out hate LGBTQ, they have supported anti LGBTQ legislation.

I would also fully agree, if I understand what you are saying. However the fact of the matter is no matter how you vote you will get people that don't agree with you. However I do not think it is intelligent to just blanket cast everyone that voted for trump as racists/sexists/LGBTQ haters, he has people in power (that he has appointed and his VP) that have not historically had their best interests in mind. I like discussing politics, but only when it can kept civil and respectful, which is why I like discussing this with you and @Clearly Trying because neither of you have made me feel personally attacked because I majorly disagree with both of you.

I understand why the EC (Electoral College) is in place, but I don't really understand it's point in modern day. Perhaps you can explain it to me more. I don't fully oppose or support it, but I am looking into more information to form a more solid opinion on the matter.

I think I mostly agree with this set of thinking. All or nothing states seem to make the election backwards for me. They should be divided up by some percentage based on how the state votes. That would make the EC system much more viable and make more sense to me.
            • Jul 20, 2010
              I can explain to you about the EC and why still need it today later on. Got another busy day the the hospital.