Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

24/7 Mako Server

Discussion in Future Servers started by Polynation, Jan 4, 2014

Have a 24/7 Mako Reactor server?

Yes, admin pls 32 vote(s) 45.1%
No, just no 35 vote(s) 49.3%
I dont play ze, so it wont effect me either way (but secretly i want it) 4 vote(s) 5.6%
  1. Mar 29, 2012
    I was playing mako on pf the other day with my fellow makonians, and we all thought it would be awesome if plaguefest had its own 24/7 mako reactor server. This server is an awesome idea for both mako lovers and mako haters. The mako haters would get the regular ze server with no mako to themselves while us mako lovers were get a place where we truly belong. This server will no doubt get popular because of the sheer number of makonians that would join for mako, and since its 24/7 mako we would never leave. If we make the server 64 slots, it could easily reach the #1 spot on gametracker within a week. This server would also draw in more people to plaguefest since many of our mako loving friends live in Asia who only join for mako, but they don't want to buy donator. 64 slots would be excellent for a 24/7 mako server. After all, most mako loving groups have 50+ members. Also, we could help new players to ze since it would be a place where they can come and train, so they can learn tactics that will help them succeed on other maps. As for donator perks, since we mako lovers pay a premium to win, we would get some powerful advantages over our fellow non donator mako lovers. We could get increased speed, increased jump, health regeneration, no fall damage, and of course freeze nades. As for an admin force for this server, i know there are many admins that plaguefest has that enjoy playing mako, and they would love to see a server like this happen. However, it is up to the plaguefest management team to make this happen. So, please consider this server a real possibility since it already has a community that would go to it.
    • Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • May 12, 2013
    • Oct 18, 2012
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 18, 2011
        Somebody suggested this a long time ago and the idea was turned down. I personally think one ZE server with 64 slots is more than enough. Anything 24/7 gets really played out, Mako would be no exception.
        Anathema, Jan 4, 2014 Last edited by Anathema, Jan 4, 2014
      • Mar 29, 2012
      • Oct 18, 2012
      • Dec 30, 2013
        Good idea, would create less fails on the harder maps.
      • Aug 12, 2012
        Well I do need my daily dose of Mako so I think that idea would be worth a try. For the higher ups, before you say no or think it not a good idea give it a try and see how it goes for a period of time. If it doesn't do well as you guys expected you can always closed down the server.

The only problem I see is how it will affect the general population of ZE and if both server will be fully populated. But will never know unless we give it a try.
      • Feb 11, 2012
        • May 31, 2012
          This wouldn't be a problem if the anti-mako fags weren't worse than the mako fags. Anti-mako fags remind me of Mr. Garrison's invention... http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s05e11-the-entity (full episode: some "sexual" & racial content)... in other words, they would rather take it up the ass and suck it than play mako.

[IMG]
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Funny Funny x 1
            Joshy, Jan 4, 2014 Last edited by Joshy, Jan 4, 2014
          • Jun 11, 2012
            Not a thing. All new players get harassed as it is when they ask for what you are propositioning, I don't believe that would change with a institution of this. Somehow 24/7 mako server will make ZE players less calm is a not a thing that's is foreseeable.

Every map in any game has both haters and lovers. Should we have 25/8 Death Star because there are haters of Death Star. Maybe a XXVI/VIII Atix Extinction because the constant hate for a fun map is off the chart on my Richter Scale. It's a double edge sword that would drop the population in both servers. Think of 1 new up and coming server getting high pop then dethroning the other current high pop server. Then suddenly dropping to a low pop to decimate the current high pop server. But to answer, that would decimate a server pop (I have stats on this)

You're pretty much asking that the server popularity will depend on the players holding it hostage.

I said "24/7 Atix Extinction" and the all little boys crys. Now a 24/7 mako is proposed....
            That's a big glass of ovaltine to ask.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Yep with @Bender Rodriguez on this it's a flawed logic you have and I'm about 99.9% sure you just did this to troll or get some kick out of it. But I'm bored at work so what the hell. If the make lovers don't want to pay for donator then what makes you think they would for a 24/7 Mako server -_-. Not to mention the mako bunch are not very keen on teaching new players you all just yell and scream at them telling them not to pick up shit if they don't know how to use it. So that statement of using it for training is also false. Also I highly doubt the mako players will stick around after the map is beaten, they typically just jump around wanting to beat the map, or play for an hour then leave. On the flip side if the map is going poorly they also leave.

The answer on this would most likely be no again for the hundredth time that it's been brought up to start up another ze server. It's been tried in the past and the server didn't get much traffic. Peace out for lunch.
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • May 11, 2011
                This would not work well, sure it might get some people for a bit if you tried but with in a week it would be dead and a waste.
                Oh and one last thing.
                [IMG]
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Apr 1, 2012
                  can I get 24/7 UT server so people can train too?
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Sep 15, 2012
                  • Oct 18, 2012
                    If we have a mako server mind as well make a convoy and skyrim and wester server.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Apr 4, 2009
                      We have tried in the past, getting these ideas is swell during high pop times but this shit is too random to support server splits.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Nov 17, 2012

If this happens, I want a Surf Facility or Infiltration Server.
                        • Agree Agree x 3
                        • Jan 5, 2012
                          I wouldn't mind another PF ZE server though, the one right now is always full and takes forever to get in. With all other ZE server population declining, this might be the right time for PF to at least give it a try. I know we had 2 ZM servers few years back and I remember them being full on several occasions.
                        • Mar 8, 2013
                          i'm in favour of a 24/7 mako westersand paranoid predator skyrim server so I never have to play those maps ever again.
                          • Agree Agree x 3
                          • Funny Funny x 2