Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

24/7 Smee Tower

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Cookie Monster, May 23, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 21, 2011
    Lastnight I was on MG playing Smee Tower.There were about 20-30 plp on and alot said i wish there was a 24/7 and we started talking about it and we all said we'd play on there ALL the time.
    I was wonduring if maby we could try this?
  2. May 24, 2008
    Better yet, we should just make a regular CS:S server.
  3. Apr 13, 2011
    I second that motion.

24/7 for one map sounds like a waste of resources.
    PF already has one 24/7 server (lila panic) and it has several variations of the same map.

Simply put, smee tower is not fun enough to have a dedicated 24/7 server imo. It would get boring quickly. Maybe if there were several varieties of smee tower it would be viable.
  4. Posts
    to add to this great idea. if we could get a mapper to possibly to add a thing or two, that map would be perfected. I was thinking maybe add a ladder. And clear the roof over the pool so people can jump in it. Also give the Ts a few things outside they can hide behind( likes a few more buildings/walls/trees).

even if another server doesn't get added, this map is really fun and very popular. if a mapper has time i'm sure the pf community would really appreciate a new version of it.
  5. Oct 10, 2009
    Work faster Deto! :wink:
  6. Apr 2, 2011
    I like this idea of a normal CSS server... but if we wanted that... wouldn't we just play regular CSS?
  7. Feb 21, 2007

also, I've never really been for regular css server, since we are a zombie mod community.
  8. Oct 10, 2010
    i tried this already, but this map was made by a noob mapper -
    means it cannot edit, just need to rebuild new from scratch,
    so i let it alone again.
  9. Apr 14, 2011
    i know the guy who my the map hes a good friend.

but i dont think its a good idea even with a good version of it to have 24/7 it. maybe tho have a 24/7 with t hat kind of theme of mg. like de_westwood and other custom maps where all you do is kill each other with no kind of mg in it just fun placers to play. could do a 24/7 server with that kind of thing it would rock and i be up for making some maps with that kind of theme
  10. Oct 21, 2010
    I think PF has a lot on the plate right now.

11. May 27, 2008
  12. Mar 16, 2008
    *cough* No one played customs. *cough*
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    I'm already making a remake of this from scratch, I am soon done with the t base
  14. Feb 21, 2007
  15. Jan 30, 2011
    This, IMO, would be a waste of cpu usage and whatever else it takes up. Using one server for just smee tower would be a crash and fail. Would last only about a day, maybe a week, then it would fall off the rails.
  16. Jan 21, 2011
    -cough- maybe we should bring back customs in a couple months -cough-
  17. Jul 14, 2010
    We could throw in similar popular maps with it like breakobox, maybe skimountain and i'm sure we could find some other maps similar to these that'd be popular.
  18. Jan 30, 2011
    Perhaps, but I still don't see it lasting that long, and besides, aren't those maps already added on Minigames server? Might as well keep it there, saves space.
  19. Apr 21, 2011
    Iv been talking with alot of plp they really want it i think like 20 slots it would be preety good
  20. May 12, 2011
    Smee Tower is absolutely horrid, I have no idea why anyone would ever want an entire server dedicated to that wretched map.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.