Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

300: Rise of an Empire

Discussion in Movies started by [pF] LuciD, Oct 18, 2013

300: Rise of an Empire

Poll closed Oct 25, 2013.
Good Idea (Will be great) 4 vote(s) 80.0%
Bad Idea (Will ruin 300) 1 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. May 31, 2012
    Set to release sometime in 2014. Looks good. Didn't like the fact that they left off at the Battle of Plataea in the first one. But its good to know that they're making a sequel and hopefully will cover the rest of the Greco-Persian wars. What do you guys think about it?

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leXo4-QLNVc
    • Like Like x 2
    • Mar 4, 2012
      I haven't really read anything about it but when does it take place? Before the battle of Plataea? Wasn't the Persian fleet destroyed by the Athenians before then?
    • Aug 16, 2013
      I hope this movie doesn't flop like Immortals or whatever it was called. That movie sucked ass.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 31, 2012
      • Mar 4, 2012
        But the Persian navy was destroyed before that battle.
      • May 31, 2012
        Yea, they showed that in 300. Plataea takes place almost a year after the 300 were killed in Thermopylae.
      • Mar 4, 2012
        Oh they did? Guess I haven't seen the movie in a while.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          #spartaswag
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 4, 2012
            Did you know the Spartan men literally all butt fucked each other because they had to live in the barracks until 35? They were only let out a few times a year to fuck their wives only for the purpose of child creation.

Greeks had no concept of homo or heterosexuality.
          • Sep 9, 2012
          • May 31, 2012
            Did you thats untrue. They did know about homosexuality. And guess what! Thats considered a defect! And you know what happens to defective spartans? They get punted off a cliff!
          • Mar 4, 2012
            I never said they didn't know about it. I just said that they didn't have the concept of there being "homosexuality" and "heterosexuality" the way there is today.

And want to show me your source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_militaries_of_ancient_Greece