Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

32 BIT win7 pro. :(

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Richard420, Apr 3, 2012

1. Dec 2, 2011
    As many of you may know that it limits your ram.... So i am in need of Someone to help me get
    win 7 64 bit, Yes my computer works with it. My only problem is i dont know what to do what i will need and how i should go opon doing this pay 20 bucks and have a guy put ware on my pc or Do it my self for free.
    Can anyone tell me what i will need how ill do it, Thanks abunch.
  2. Oct 27, 2010

We don't endorse pirated software.

Try out windows 8, it has an open beta.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Installing win7x64 is e.z.p.z., highly doubt you'll need to pay anyone to help you with it (and I'm sure there's ppl that would help for free if you spend the time to ask your questions properly). As for how you obtain the OS, that's on you.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      they make it fool proof. its step by step they walk you thru.
    • Nov 29, 2010
      It's not hard. How much ram do you have? Because you'd want to get about 8gb of ram if you want to use it to it's potential.
    • Dec 2, 2011
      i am at 6 but i am changing out my 2x 1gb ddr2 sticks for either 4s or 2gb
      So hopefuly soon i will have 10+
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Aug 18, 2006
      4 years ago, people asked why you need more than 2GB.

To be fair though, more than 4GB is not really necessary at this point unless you are doing some hardcore video editing/3D rendering/etc. Most games won't benefit from more than 4GB of RAM (well, BattleField 3 will)... Assuming its running on a 64-bit OS.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      and? Back then you generally didn't need more than 2 (well, more than 4 years... id say more like 6-8), so you'd ask why and have the person save some $, nowadays, very very few people need more than 6GB, so the question still remains, just updated with the current average hardware resource usage amongst the higher end pc users, or just gamers in general for the most part. Hell, most laptops nowadays ship with 6-8 standard, and heavy users rarely go above 5gb, let alone the average user who probably rarely goes above 3. And Ram is the sort of thing where if you need more, presuming your mobo has the slots (or you could just swap em out for larger sticks i guess but that's sort of lame unless its better ram overall and fuck the old crap), you can just throw more in. No need to go gun hoe for 16gb when you'll never use 3/4ths of it before it's time for a new PC / mobo / faster & better ram / etc. If richard never uses more than say.. 4-5gb of ram at any given time, why spend the extra $ to get 10+ gb of ram? I'd just get faster / better ram if you're going that route (spending $ on ram no matter what), unless you genuinely need more ram for your work / apps / whatever you use your pc for, in which case by all means throw gigs upon gigs of ram in that bitch. I think average users will be able to ride on 6gb for a while, then again who knows what the fuck some people have loaded in the bg all the time, not everyone is as keen on maintenance as others, and if richard wants something more future proof without having to deal with it later, perhaps he'll want to aim for 8gb+, just to feel safe and have a bigger e-pene in the spec world.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Mar 26, 2011
        I will probably try Windows 8 though, To see if its good windows 7 or not.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Windows doesn't limit your RAM. 32 bit architecture does.
      • Mar 20, 2011
        Well I am seeing shipped computers with 12GB of ram now, hell I just sold and installed one! But personally I would not run any machine with less than 4GB of ram. I do a lot of video editing and I have 16GB of ram on my main rig, but all my other workstations I have 16GB of ram for VM's I run within the OS's. Richard, the install is rather painless, what I would make sure to do is go to your mobo website and download the x64 nic drivers just in case the Windows 7x64 iso does not have the drivers included. That way you can get online after the install and download the rest of the drivers.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        I got 4x4GB PNY XLR8 RAM for $55 total, doesn't hurt to future proof. I don't even have to worry about RAM for another 6 years.

Also @Richard420i11 , please message me on Steam about your OS, I will help you, though not on here.
      • Dec 2, 2011
        I didnt mean windows did but the 32 bit verson does the limiting But i decided to pay the guy 10$ I have to get the best price.
        But i figured that i would spend about ten bucks getting a 4gb flash drive so i am just going to watch him do it and learn ask questions But thank you everyone for your input.
      • Dec 2, 2011

I love you brian I think i will Throw gigs upon Gigs in the bitch.

Sorry for the Double post.
      • Feb 18, 2011
        32GB incoming, biggest e-pene here. My motherboard supports 128GB, which is l_a_r_g_e. MY NEXT GOAL IS 128GB
      • Mar 20, 2011
        I wanted 32GB but the memory that size is too much money for the cost in my book. If you have 8 dimm slots then no problem. I bought 16GB of ram for 84 bucks last week
      • Dec 6, 2011
        You'll NEVER use over 8GB of RAM, no matter what you do. I've yet to see over 25% usage on my 16GB system.
      • Mar 20, 2011
        @Quietly Yell wrong answer, I use it whenever I am producing 1080p video in Adobe Premier CS5. In fact right now, all I have is Chrome open with two tabs, Windows Media Center open streaming HD from my HD Home run prime and am using 3.2GB of ram.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Well a lot of people don't produce 1080p video in Adobe Premier =P What's the max usage you've hit while doing that with your 16GB of RAM?