Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

3DS: Zelda - A Link Between Worlds

Discussion in Gaming started by dillinger, Nov 25, 2013

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Gotta let you guys know how much I'm loving this game. As a kid who grew up with A Link to the Past, this game is major nostalgia trip and probably the best Zelda I've played since OoT.

It shares the same map as LttP, as well as much of the soundtrack and sound FX. The dungeons are varied and inventive, and the entire game makes great use of one of the game's major mechanics - the ability to merge with the wall as a moving painting. When I first heard about this mechanic I thought it sounded lame, but as I've started playing through the game, I've realized how genius and truly fun it is.

Another interesting difference from previous Zelda titles is that not every item needs to be found. There's a dude who sets up shop in your house and will rent you certain necessary items for a pretty negligible fee. The only catch is that if you die, he takes them back and you have to rent them again. I was also pretty skeptical of this mechanic at first, but it works well, and there are many other items in the game that you DO need to discover, so it's not like you rent absolute absolutely everything from the guy.

If you liked a Link to the Past, you will LOVE this game.

Here are a couple of reviews if I didn't convince you with my little overview:

• Like Like x 8
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • Mar 12, 2008
      I like how they kept a lot of the original sounds from LttP, the characteristic enemy death, the little things like the sword charging up, and even the sound you make when you cut grass/shrubs. It's a blast from the past with a new look and i'm diggin it so far. I'm glad I picked this up, and i've played it so much that my wrists have started to cramp a little. Good thing the game warns you to take a break every now and then.

The spear knights seem fucking impossible to kill without charging up the sword though. They're a damn thorn in my side right now.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        The blue/green guys? Come at them from the side or use the bow on them, or stun them with the tornado rod
      • Feb 3, 2012
        All Zelda games I've played I've loved and I know I'll definitely love this one. In my opinion I think OoT had the best puzzles and the ones in this look good as well.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jun 3, 2012
          Bought it while on my way to MLG Columbus. Played it a bunch on the ride over there and back. I'm loving it so far, but it's hard for me to NOT love a Zelda game.
        • Kyle
          This message by Kyle has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyle, Nov 25, 2013, Reason: Lemon.
          Nov 25, 2013
        • Jun 3, 2012
          I didn't find it that bad. My friends and I were able to find seats for every match. I think some people may have had a tough time during the Finals, but we were good to go. This is just on the Dota 2 side though. If it has anything to do with the CoD side then I couldn't tell you.
        • Kyle
          This message by Kyle has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyle, Nov 25, 2013, Reason: Lemon.
          Nov 25, 2013
        • Jun 3, 2012
          It's true that the seats were the same height and I can see that being a problem. However I was fortunate enough to not have that get in the way with watching the event. There was a little garbage under some seats. It was mostly just Dr. Pepper cans that were left there by whoever sat there last, since they were handing out free Dr. Pepper throughout the event. I didn't personally see anyone using that as a seat saving method, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 1, 2011
            Kindly discuss whatever you guys are on about elsewhere PLZ THX
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 9, 2007
              • Friendly Friendly x 2
              • Feb 24, 2011
                I've watched a few walkthroughs/gameplays of the game and it looks bloody awesome! It really makes me wish i had a 3DS, as i currently have the original DS.
                They did a great job on adding new stuff/changes while still keeping some original things.

That's some professional game designing right there, i tell you hwat!
                [IMG]
                • Funny Funny x 1