Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

6770 GTA IV Benchmark Pics.... h-h...how..?

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Brett, Jan 19, 2012

1. Dec 6, 2011
    I don't know how to put this... I have pushed my 6770 to the max, in such a basic PC. Most of you have already seen a couple shots of my card in action but not in any games. I recently caved in and bought GTA IV to mod the shit out of it with graphical fixes and other in-game things, such as cars, weapons, etc. (Sadly I forgot to put on the MW2 Skin 'Ghost' that I've had in a file folder for almost a year.)

The main reason for this was to push my 6770 to the max and squeeze every little bit of performance out of it that I could. I'm not too worried about breaking it since I'm awaiting my new 2012 build sometime in March. Below I posted a few quick screen shots that I took to show some of the detail that my card can push out on 1920x1080 resolution. It's maxed out for it's clocks, with a 960core clock/1445 mem clock on AMD Overdrive.

Also note that I'm running on perfectly playable frame rates, not often dipping below 25FPS (which is actually easily playable).

Screenshots of the beautiful output from my little monster:

This one was taken before I realized it auto-defaulted the graphic settings, so a few visuals are lowered, but still a nice Lambo to look at :thumbsup:

The funny part about this is, these pics don't even look as good as it does in game, possibly because it converts to 1600x900 on tinypic.

Also remember this isn't a "my GPU is better than your GPU", because it's not. Johnny can stroll in here with his 590's, water cooled, in SLI and rape me. I'm just showing everybody how $69.99 can look as good as $200 if you push it right. Once again, all of this thanks goes to Harvey for the info about the sale on this card.

Other specs:
    -Athlon II X3 425 @2.7
    -6GB RAM
    -500w CM PSU
    -500GB Seagate
    -1920x1080 23.6in Haier HDMI monitor (not very known brand, but I got it for $100 a year and a half ago, has worked amazingly.)

P.S. - Why the fuck didn't I get any screenies at night? >.< I'll probably update tomorrow, but for now I'm done for the night.
  2. Jan 10, 2009
    awesome. im glad you like your card!. i might pick up gta4 and see what happens :grin:
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    Three gtx 260s are about equal to a 580 and I am getting them. Can't wait to try it out. :grin:
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    For a little reference, a GTX 260 is about 80-85% performance wise my card, but it runs a shitload hotter and requires more power. I still have a B.F.G. OC'd 260..... Damn was that card nice though.
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    I'm at number 48 and you are at number 47 lol. They are pretty comparable BUT NOT WHEN I GET TWO MOAR :grin:
  6. Aug 18, 2006
    Only problem with SLi'ing is that they don't always scale 100%, especially in Tri-SLi configurations, more like 70-95% scaling on average. Also, last I checked, SLi is completely useless in GTA IV. And you won't have DX11. :razz:

(Or wait for nVidia's new Kepler cards. Rumor has it outperforms the 7970's quite easily)...

Instead of getting 3 260's, get a 560 or a 570. Better value for the money.

@ Topic: Nice pictures, but you should bring down the HDR, it's overkill.

The wonders of deferred rendering.
  7. Feb 18, 2011
    They tried fixing the scale problem, and they did to a certain extent. But that doesn't matter if it can run things better then I can run it now.. Plus its cheaper then buying a 580. When I get enough money then I can go on to buying the giant cock video cards.
  8. Mar 19, 2011
    And While you are getting 25 Fps, take into account that Gta 4 is probably one of the worst ports to the PC of all-time. So pretty decent that you are getting 25 fps.
  9. Aug 18, 2006
    It's a CPU-dependent game.
  10. Jul 20, 2010
    Hmmm I'll have to look into those ray :smile: been meaning to upgrade from my 2 2gb gtx 260's.
  11. Dec 6, 2011
    I never really liked passmark scores too much... But believe me when I tell you that the 260 runs HOT, LOUD, and requires a bit more power. (I had to run mine on a 600watt with all other basic components and was still getting a problem with power here and there)

There has been major CF and SLI problems in GTA IV, mainly 6970 for the CF'ing. I haven't looked into it much but my new computer build will be a 7950 most likely, so I won't need to worry too much. Also, these aren't my visual settings, though I can tweak them. They're not full ENB settings with all of the "better city textures" and "better trees", etc. packages, I tried those out and I wasn't getting great FPS on max settings, so I got rid of them for now. On my new computer I will be making my own settings and will push my 7950 to the max, so you bet your ass your going to get life-like GTA IV benchmarks/screenies/videos.

GTA IV was like Metro 2033 back in 2007/2008. It was hard to get high FPS. I have to admit, getting 20+ fps is perfectly playable in my opinion. I do hit 15 once in a while during heavy explosions, but that's the same for most games. I can average around 30FPS, seeing up to 36-38FPS in empty parts/less demanding areas of the city, and 40+FPS on a vacant custom racetrack I have added. The only problem I have is that a few of my custom cars I put in cause some major lagg when they spawn (not too much of a lagg, but noticeable if there's enough spawning at once), so I lowered the spawning rate on certain vehicles. They were the super cars anyways, so it'd look odd seeing a bit of quarter million dollar cars riding around the slums of New York.

In the next couple days I plan on OC'ing my CPU a little to see how much of a boost I can get in GTA. I also want to try it out with an SSD, I've heard it greatly improves gameplay. Especially the minute to minute and a half loading times which can get annoying when you need to load of the game hundreds of times to test out mods.
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    Got a mic so my ears are covered from hearing it. I could always install liquid cooling to significantly reduce heat. And when you reduce heat you can sometimes reduce sound.
  13. Jan 8, 2012
    I have a 5870 plays all games maxed without a hiccup... 3 260s? Why...
  14. Feb 18, 2011
    Cause one won't run Battlefeild 3 on maxed out settings. Two might, and three most likley will.
  15. Dec 6, 2011
    But this is just a (no offense) dumb ass idea, because two cards are going to be starved of cool air. And when you said you have a headset or whatever, you'd be suprised what three 260's would sound like. They would get extremely hot so you'd need to ramp up the fan. The fan on 60% or higher can be heard through most headsets.

Besides, why not just get a 2012 card? Or at least a 2011 card? If your really into crossfiring/SLI'ing you could get two 560 ti's or two 6870's

All in all, I'd still get a 2011 or 2012 card, even if you were to water cool. You'd use less power and would have lower temps.

Also going to get on GTA and post a few more various screenies other than just the Sunny ones to give a better look at what I'm doing.
  16. Oct 20, 2011
    Those are some nice visuals, damn
  17. Dec 6, 2011
    Ok, so I got on GTA IV and grabbed a couple more screenshots of a few different visuals. I'm somewhat disappointed because a modded file is corrupting the game and it sometimes won't load part of the map. I'll have to replace a couple of the graphic mods, but anyways through a bit of painstaking work I was able to capture a few more of what I needed.

Nighttime with some wet roads:

On a custom made track at night with rain:

Fog at night testing smoke/skid marks:

Morning with no clouds:

Morning, slightly cloudy with beta tree textures (honestly very beta, they were terrible, but I didn't want to waste half an hour reapplying the backup files):

Testing some beta sand effects that I edited to look less grainy (car is straight from NFS:Hot Pursuit, a very nice, and fast ass car.):
    I spent a TON of time on fine tuning a few visuals to run the best for my 6770, so please do not criticize if there are a few errors. The race track is a copycat version of Laguna Seca, although it doesn't look the greatest to test visuals on, it was one of the only parts of the city that would load, so it was an "only choice" thing.

Please let me know how I did ^_^