Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

690 GTX!!!

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Kosuki, May 3, 2012

1. Jan 28, 2012
  2. Feb 18, 2011

I just bought the only four in stock.

But really, nobody would buy this unless they either one, are rich/won the lottery or two, someone who wants to have the biggest e-penis in the underworld of the internets.
  3. Jun 4, 2006
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Jul 19, 2011
    • Jan 10, 2009

@DopeScope that is less the half of the cost of mine..only 400$ less than i spent on my two 570s >.>
    • Nov 29, 2010
      Impressive, but i'm still sticking to my 580, nothing outclasses it yet
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Oct 17, 2011
        My laptop doesn't cost that much. Fuck that.
      • Aug 18, 2006
        You're future-proofed for quite a long time. The GTX 580 is a great card.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Hey look! Something overkill for tri-monitor setup! Hm...

$500 GTX 680 + $500 GTX 680 = Two lower clocked GTX 680's that'll run hotter and louder on one card for $1,200.

Am I missing something? o.O

And yet 3 times the performance!
        [IMG]
      • May 14, 2011

Get me something else instead, fak this pricetag
      • May 14, 2011
        It's starting price is $1,200, since they knew the second they went on sale, people would buy them regardless. Still not worth getting at that price, the 590 was a hell of a lot better price wise, despite the better temps and power draw on the 690. Would consider if this was <$800. Also, the design for the card has always been like that, and won't really ever change. The fan is meant to pull air in, and shoot it onto the GPU/heatsink and blows heat out the back, while the back PCB showing side dissipates heat for the GPU. I only prefer a backplate if I watercool.
      • May 14, 2011
        You go on about sleeving cables and yet you dont see the point a back plate? MINDFUCK. A backplate acts like a rad disapating the heat and also looks amazing.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        In the custom watercooled PC's I've built, I've noticed the backplate has had no affect on helping dissipating the heat AT ALL. I've actually noticed on some GPU's that it'll raise the temp by a couple degrees, and others it made no difference (it was mostly based on the design of the cooler. One's that only shot air out the back didn't have a temp. change, and one's that pushed air directly head onto the GPU gained a couple degrees Celsius.
      • Feb 21, 2007
        I'm happy with the 580 on water ^^ :grin:
      • Dec 6, 2011
        You can run that for the rest of your life because you're running it on some shit like 1024x768. :ROFL:
      • May 5, 2012
        im to poor to afford that. I'll just stick to my AMD 6850 :smile: