Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

911trigger abuse

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by jookbob, Apr 17, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 19, 2012

Someone says in the mic "TYPE RTV IF YOU HATE JEWS" and everyone is ok with this. This annoys me because this is actually an offensive thing to say to many people so I said this: Why is it ok to say things like "i hate jews" and yet admins flip when someone says nigga naturally.

Nobody in the world besides over-sheltered suburb white kids finds the word "nigga" offensive (when used not as an insult, its just how some people talk.). Calling someone a nigger is a completely different story and completely unacceptable.

To clarify: what I said was offensive to NOBODY and it only proved that admins are just sitting there waiting for any excuse to ban someone for stupid reasons. A while ago I saw a guy named Vote Ron Paul that was kicked because of his name, 911trigger said it was advertising. Someone please introduce these trigger happy admins to a little common sense.

I am 100% against racism and its BS that i get banned for trying to defend the servers policy of no discrimination.

The ban however is only a 1 hour ban but i feel like i need to post this because it happens all the time.
  2. Apr 4, 2009
    Why would you defend a rule by breaking said rule.
  3. Nov 29, 2010
    So ur excuse is that just because we miss a few offences doesn't mean we let you through the net? Is that your logic?
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    well, i don't know the details behind this, but that is rule #1. (well technically #3 but it's up there.)

You can find a full list of our server rules, in this thread
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    Your example of "type rtv if you hate jews" is certainly not acceptable, admins should be taking action if something like this occurs.

To your case, we do not allow the word nigga on the servers in any context. This rule has been in place for a long time now and will not be changing.
  6. Mar 19, 2012
    I dont understand how my statement was racist towards anyone in any way... can someone explain

Edit: Rule 2 -No racism, discrimination, or threats.
    This includes but is not limited to threats against Plague Fest or its servers, racism, sexism, hate speech, and/or any form of harmful speech used only to offend someone.
    Warn → Kick → Permanent Ban
    "USED ONLY TO OFFEND SOMEONE" - never used any language that offended.
    Did i get a warning? nope, kick? nope, an immediate ban..

Edit 2: I see no rule that specifically lists using the word "nigga" as an immediate ban
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    Racist or not doesn't matter, it's a racial slur that is not allowed.
  8. Nov 6, 2011
    homie just dont drop the n word simple as that
  9. Feb 9, 2012
    now you're trying to split hairs by saying ''nigga'' and ''nigger'' is different. they're basically used in the same context, no matter how u wanna use it in a sentence.

Sorry but i did not hear someone say ''rtv if you hate jews'' but perhaps another admin did. but as haplo said, why break a rule to complain about how we do things. Nobody kicked ron paul because of his name. if so, that should be brought up by him, please don't use another person's punishment as your own excuse.
    (Also, i did not kick anyone for advertising, so i don't know why you're trying to frame me for)

You're saying we sit here and are trigger happy trying to ban someone as soon as we find one, yet on other days you'll say things like ''why don't admins ever do their job, all they do is warn warn warn''

You did not defend the server's policy on racism, you're trying to prove that it is wrong and want to change it.

also explain how what happens all the time, we ban people who say nigga all the time? yes we do. we ban people who break our rules that are clearly defined? yeh we do that too.
  10. Feb 9, 2012

but is not limited to
    as i commented in the ban, i skipped the warning because as you guys can see, he clearly knew what our rules were and that we do not accept racist words. but again, id like to hear what you have to say about me kicking Vote Ron Paul about advertising, as i clearly did not do that.
  11. Mar 19, 2012
  12. Jul 14, 2010
    Using the word itself is not allowed, what do you not understand? It is a racial slur, it is not allowed, the rule will not be changing to allow it in jest.
  13. Mar 19, 2012
    I cant seem to find the rule your talking about.
  14. Feb 9, 2012
    You need not call anyone nigga or nigger. it's already been established you shouldnt even be typing that word at all.
    The reason why Jew can be used sometimes is because Jew is religion, and that there ARE times where it is used on that context. Jew is not a bad word, but if someone uses the word to describe something bad/horrible about it, then it may be deemed as discrimination.

Jookbob, refer to my post just before this one

Again, you just can't use the word, stop trying to justify what you did.
  15. Oct 29, 2010
    Locked as this is going nowhere and no abuse was done.

I'm sorry you don't understand our rules but you still need to abide by them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.