Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

99$ for a HP touchpad. wow

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by elduke, Aug 20, 2011

1. Feb 17, 2011

bes buy is overflowing with stocks. about quarter of a million of them.
  2. Jan 10, 2009
    oh wow. nice. crazy how companies just drop support for brand new tech.
  3. Feb 17, 2011
    actually they are dropping the whole HP touchpad and webOS thing haha

thats why its called in that article " liquidation "

its been a huge failure since launch ... it arrived very late... and priced exactly as top two tabs.. iCrab and Galaxy tab. so from the quarter million units at best buy only 25,000 were sold.. and best buy ppl said that that is a generous and charitable number.. coz alot were returned and refunded.

and in a year or so.. HP is dropping its PSG unit. most likely selling to samsung (still rumor)
  4. Jan 10, 2009
    yeah i figured that. they did come out of the gates pretty late like you said. didn't realize that few of them sold though.

im not familiar with the PSG. i did a quick google of it but still not to sure. im assuming that it is some sort of business solution hardware/software?
  5. Feb 17, 2011
    PSG = Personal System Group

mainly its the Laptops, Desktops and AiOs (All in Ones) and their accessories
  6. Jun 10, 2011
    Yep there are articles all over about it. Some stores even had negative sales it failed so bad. Best buy bought around 250k units and sold roughly 20 - 25k. They didnt say what the returns were. In my store i always sell the android over the hp or blackberry. Hp is pulling out of all those markets as stated above, which is insane because they were #1 in pc sales....
  7. Jun 10, 2011
    Honestly this would be great for anyone wanting a tablet to just browse the internet.
  8. Feb 17, 2011
    its a great tab in general just not for 599 and 699 haha

this is rly a bargain for that price. collage students should take advantage of this.
  9. Jun 11, 2011
    Can someone buy me that :grin:
  10. Oct 29, 2010

Why'd I miss that sale .__.