Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

A bit of an Anniversary Issue...

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Claudio, Feb 18, 2012

1. Feb 3, 2012
    Alright, so I'm getting a little desperate here dredging about the interwebs for advice, but things have gotten out of hand.
    So my girlfriend and I have been together for two years, come March 9th, and She's already done the impossible and pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 for me.

She's amazing and all, for that, but therein lies the problem; I had already pre-ordered it for HER as a surprise. So It's a bit of a conundrum. One that I feel bittersweet about.

So, I'm open to suggestions on what to get her, because I'm rubbish at hasty decisions. She's a heavy gamer, like myself, but owns/has played just about everything I have. I don't wanna be lame and get her clothes, or computer parts, cause I'd already revamped her computer for Christmas so she could play Skyrim and The Witcher 2.

What do!?

:frown:
  2. Jan 10, 2009

okay but for real get her like a kitten. girls love kittens.
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sep 30, 2011
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Get off the internet for a night :pirate:
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Hah! Unfortunately, she's already got two kittens, and they're little shits. Tearing up the couch like bastards.

Wealp...Just about any, really. She's more into RPG's than Shooters and the like, and she's actually put more time into Skyrim than I have.
      I thought about grabbing her a copy of Dark Souls, but then I wouldn't see her come out of the room for a good week or two.

Nay thou!
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Buy her a reasonably priced ring or necklace from the Target jewlrey department.
    • Jan 5, 2007
      I'm curious where you both pre-ordered ME3 from. A lot of places are receiving a ton of flak because they are taking money for more copies of it than they actually carry.

What color are most of the appliances in the kitchen? You could get her an apron to match, that way she won't look out of place with the rest of them.
    • Apr 15, 2010
      Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    • Sep 26, 2010
      Prepare a meal for her. If she's simple, treat her to some chinese take-out and ice cream. If she's romantic, find a recipe based on her favorite foods and make a meal (be sure to place flowers or have a couple of candles burning in the center of the table). It's not your fault that she got you the same thing you got her :razz: so all you need to do is put the icing on the cake. Don't think about it too much...normally the simplest solution is the best.
    • Jul 23, 2010
      I had bought Skyrim for my Fiance for Valentine's Day, and he bought me it for our anniversary. I don't ever go clothes shopping, so he took me out and let me pick out some new things. We went and saw a movie, and had a fucking delish dinner at Cheesecake Factory.

What does she like? Does she have an obsession other than gaming? Try to get her something that doesn't relate to it.

He got me a shit ton of Star Wars and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles kids Valentines day cards, wrote on every one, and sealed them with a heart sticker for last Valentine's Day. It cost two bucks. Still my favorite gift he's ever gotten me.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 23, 2011
        Only go for dark souls if she wont rage after the first 30 deaths

Other then that I suggest fixing her something and also as suggested before buy her a nice necklace or something
      • Jan 5, 2007
        If he gets it for her on the 360, I will gladly give her the customary "Welcome to Dark Souls" greeting. I've got a SL11 Darkwraith that I camp the Burg with.:devil:
      • Feb 3, 2012
        I pre-ordered it through Gamehaven, a place here in Texas. She went through Amazon.
        Also, an interesting idea... Chances of backfire are slim.

I planned on getting a good dinner going, because frankly, I love to cook. Intended to make a Veal Carbonara, because we both love awesome things.

Besides My Little Pony, she loves to read and to watch old movies... Already got her a Kindle last year, and I'd been thinking about the LotR Blu-ray Box set or a slew of Vincent Price movies.

As for Dark Souls, she's loved it from the bit she watched me play, and the only real problem is we have it for the PS3...which hogs the living room TV. Hrm...
      • Mar 12, 2008

Nothing wrong with merk'ing noobs online with your girl after a day together, dinner, and some 'sheet music' if you dig.
      • Mar 16, 2008
        Gave my girlfriend this on Friday, her birthday.
        http://www.image3d.com/
        Two reels + the viewer will run you next to nothing and it looks great. Kept this on the down-low as I know the men of mumble would of blabbered it to her if I told them.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Feb 3, 2012
          I...I... Brilliant. She's quirky enough to love it! :B
        • Mar 16, 2008
          Glad you like it, my girlfriend, her family, and mine all thought it was amazing.