Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved A couple issues

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by David87, May 21, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 19, 2014
    First of all I have a specific instance to complain about. It occurred just now (around 5:30 eastern) in the server and I don't know how to record or I would have. The round had just started (420) and people were shooting couches out of one of the buildings. There was no cade building and certainly no way to discern who was shooting which couch and in which direction. I pick one couch and started to shoot it towards the basement when Mynt decides it is his couch and he begins to shoot it away from me. He claims "it was his couch" but I had already shot it over by the stairs to the basement. He then shot it into the corner against the building and when i went over to shoot it, he froze me without a warning and with no justification. This seems like blatant admin abuse. He was targeting me from another instance where he claimed I was mic spamming, when i wasn't, and he silenced me, again without warning. I took offense to it and voiced my opinion to which he did not take kindly to.

Another instance with Luc (kirkland or something) occured when a person I was cading with cade broke and i died as a result. Yes I got mad and said something like "fucking idiot" and voiced my displeasure. Luc told me basically to shut the fuck up and stop your bitching. I said, wait, they broke the rules. He acknowledged it but said that "your bitching about something that happened in the last few seconds of the round." Are we saying that if the round is almost over then no rules apply? The same type of thing happened to someone else (bapple) and I defended bapple while luc verbally abused bapple and said the same thing about "bitching over something in the last few seconds of the round."

In general, Mynt and Luc have both been rude and verbally abusive towards me. "go fuck yourself" "fuck you" all that good stuff... And I have not been quiet either, I have returned my fair share of explicit words. But it goes to the issue of how an admin should behave. When I was admin, and it wasn't too long ago, the admins would not dream of being verbally abusive towards regular server players. It is immature and unbecoming. I don't appreciate it at all. These two "admins" in particular have singled me out and try to humiliate me in front of people.

I understand that I don't have recordings... I don't know how to do that stuff, I'm sorry. I also know that some people would back me up and some people would back them up because everyone has their favorites. But regardless of sides, people will confirm that this stuff did in fact happen. And at the very least, this post should bring attention to the actions of these two admins. Admins are supposed to be responsible and enforce the rules, not bend them in order to harass a player they don't like or whatever the reason, I don't pretend to know their intentions, only that these events did occur.

I would love to hear their defense and we can talk about this issue. It is just a game and all but it is discouraging to know that admins, the enforcers of the server, have it out for you.

Thanks for your time,
    David
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Immaturity and admins belittling players is normal because they are humans too, and at the same time, we're discussing a matter within video gaming, so you can't expect too much of them.

I was within the server when this had happened, but as usual, I ignore everything around me, but this should still allow me to leave a comment behind.

With Mynt, you'd have to bring about proof to what was being done at that time, but if that really were the case, it would be specified as admin abuse. When props are laid out at the very beginning of each round, there's no "This prop is mine. That prop is yours." It all comes to whoever gets it to their barricade and have it set up, that's when everything closes down and if someone comes to take it away from you, shall it count as barricade breaking. But then again, you'll need proof for this submission.

For Luc, he wasn't entirely wrong for saying it wouldn't matter because it's in the last few seconds of the round, because it really does not matter, unless you get killed at the end because some retard overestimated his ability to hold the last few seconds, but if you remained safe and unharmed, you should be fine with that being done.

If you don't have any proof, your abuse thread will most likely be denied because that's how abuse threads are ruled.
      Good luck!
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 17, 2014
        I normally would never put my 2 cents in on a Abuse Thread, But I can and WILL vouch for the 2nd paragraph.
        Apparently the last 10 seconds of the round, Cadebreakers aren't breaking any rules... According to that "Admins" vast amount of knowledge. :thumbsdown:

David & I had someone cadebreak us at the last few seconds of the round, Then we told the admin about it, Which was that "Kialand" or whoever. He replied with "Don't bitch over something that happened during the end of a round", Even though we both we're killed because of it.
        .......Then he started trolling David & I, Saying that we were "Ment to be together because we bitch about stupid shit" and just instigating the situation even more.
        I quickly told him about the rule, And set him straight. He argued and argued, Then we let him know that I was a former Admin, He then kinda just shut up and didn't say anything.
        I just think someone a bit higher on the Totem pole should give him a good re-training or a talk.

As far as Mynt goes, That's in between them

- Bapple
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Mar 19, 2014
          Thanks for the response Orange and I think what you are saying is mostly fair. I did die at the end of the round and that is why i was upset.

I know they are human and so am I... That's why I came out immediately and said that I was nasty right back to them.
          I do think it is sad that we "can't expect too much" of our admins. Maybe it is because I tried to enforce the rules and be fair when I was an admin... Now that I'm not an admin I do act immature a lot of the time and mess around a lot. But if you want to be an admin and acquire the power that goes along with it, you should be held to a higher standard.

I don't even know what the punishment is for a successful admin abuse thread and I don't necessarily need for these admins to be punished... I was hoping to bring light to a broad issue.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Mar 10, 2014
            @The Nice Mynt @Luc we need to act maturely as an admin team. Always be sure to give fair and proper warnings. And if you have a dissagreement with another pkayer, do it in private chat. Using "@@Name message...." thus not to interupt the gameplay for others. Lastly check with the higher level admins and LSA's just to clarify the situation at handn even though you may think you are correct, there is a chance you may be wrong.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Mar 19, 2014
              Yeah, what Bapple says... maybe "someone a bit higher on the Totem pole should give him a good re-training or a talk."
              That could be all that's needed... Like I alluded to, I'm not out for anyone's head but I thought these issues should be brought to somebody's attention.
              Post Merged, May 21, 2015
              Just went back in the server and Mynt killed me and said "fuck you David"

That's what I'm dealing with... Wouldn't really care if it wasn't an admin who had it out for me and already abused their powers against me.

Thanks
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 27, 2012
                He admitted he didn't have evidence near the bottom of his post:
                I hate the idea of claiming a prop. Unless it's in a cade, it's fair game. Anyone can go for it. As for freezing you, i would have done this if you were cade breaking, but warned you immediately after freezing you. For trying to just claim a prop like that, that's a silly and outrageous reason to freeze someone.
                The rules apply at all times of the game. Some people may not care if someone blows up the cade with 2 seconds left (personally i wouldn't care), but others will, and it is still cade breaking. Since you died as a result of it, it was definitely cade breaking without a doubt.
                If this is happening, this is very bad. Admins shouldn't just be going out of their way to harass people. I'm not saying you're an angel, i am not ingame, however, admins definitely should not be attacking players or other admins. If you attack the admin first, and he throws the shit back at you, and you whine that he's shit talking you, i'm going to ignore you. But if you just joined the game and said "What's up, SecProtocol!" and they said "shut up David you faggot go die, that's not right.

I don't know what happen as there is no proof, i'm just assuming what you're saying is accurate. I'd like to hear from @The Nice Mynt and @Luc however, as well as anyone else who may have witnessed these events that have some form of proof.

if you don't have console enabled, go to Options>Keyboard>Advanced, and enable developer console. Then, press ~, type record demoname and you're on your way to getting some proof! While recording though, type as much as you can. We won't be bale to hear your voice unless you have voice_loopback 1 set in your console. To stop recording, type stop.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                  Tony The Tiger, May 21, 2015 Last edited by Tony The Tiger, May 21, 2015
                • Oct 24, 2013
                  As a donator you can use the !tracers function to see who is shooting at what, just fyi.
                  • Useful Useful x 1
                  • Jan 21, 2011

Not sure why you just shot the couch into the corner...
                    • Informative Informative x 3
                    • Winner Winner x 1
                    • Sep 30, 2014
                      you can see me go into that building only to get those 4 couches I was trying to take to the other building for a barricade, I shot all of them and just when I was gonna shoot that last couch, he takes it and starts shooting it into that corner and wouldn't stop shooting it into that corner so I froze him. as far as the way I talk to david, he talks shit to me and I talk shit to him I don't go out starting trouble
                    • Jun 29, 2014
                      so if an admin does something to you that you dont agree with you cant voice your opinion? even if it is unjustified? i mean its in our nature to argue
                    • Feb 27, 2012
                      Well, i just discussed this with some people. i guess this is wrong. It's just for other players not involved interfering

example: *SecProtocol freezes Bender* Seeker: LOL BAN THAT GUY HE'S STOOPID.
                      SecProtocol could now follow that procedure against Seeker for interfering with him doing his job.
                      • Informative Informative x 1
                      • Mar 19, 2014
                        Tony, you are right about the arguing with an admin on the server. It's not right and I won't do it again. You're right, I'm no saint but I'm also generally a good person and when I poke fun it is usually just that, intended for fun. (EDIT even if it is allowed, it isn't the best course of action.. I will be more wise in the future in choosing what to argue in the server)

Seeker, thanks for the video. Mynt shot the couch into the corner... "don't take my fucking couch"... I kept shooting it because I was pissed and didn't know what else to do, but it clearly shows him having shot the couch into the corner first. You actually see my character just stand there as I look around like "what the hell happened" and then I realized what had happened.

Mynt, if you honestly see it that way... If you really believe that those couches sitting out there can be claimed with a bunch of people shooting around in every direction... Then I'm the one in the wrong. But I don't think you could find anybody who would argue your position... You are clearly the one that shoots it into the corner initially. And I don't ever initiate shit talking with you. I generally don't initiate with anyone. There are some people that I go back and forth with in good fun and we understand each other (Green and Pixie come to mind)... You are always rude and I was defending myself.

Finally... Does the video not prove that he froze me without warning and for no reason whatsoever?

If there is nothing wrong here... Then we can end the discussion. I just know to avoid interaction with certain people.
                      • Feb 27, 2012
                        See above post. I mean, you can voice your opinion and say "i don't agree with how you're dealing with me", and you could discuss it. However, if i were the admin, i would direct you to make a post on the forums (abuse thread, or just another thread asking for clarification) But that's just me.
                        Post Merged, May 21, 2015
                        @The Nice Mynt why did you just pointlessly shoot the couch into the corner? i don't see what you were cading, or what freezing him was even okay. from what i see in the demo, you had 3 couches outside and they weren't going anywhere but all over the place. Why did you need that particular couch that you had to freeze him over it, and couldn't just grab one of the other 3? i am very confused.
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Sep 30, 2014
                          look at it carefully, im the one that goes into the building at the very beginning to shoot the couches out, you hear me saying "shoot the couches to the other building" because I did that the previous rounds with a couple people. when I shoot the couches out, they all get shot to the other building except 1. it might look like I shot it into the corner cause I was just looking at it wondering why the hell david was shooting it into the corner but look at it carefully you can see it was him that shot it away
                        • Mar 19, 2014
                          Mynt, if you go to about 49 seconds... You can see that it would have been impossible for me to shoot the couch into that corner from where I was standing. The angle is impossible. It is clearly you who shoots the couch into the corner for no reason. I was trying to shoot it down the stairs into the basement.

You understand that you saying "I shot the couches out to shoot them to the other building because I did it last round" is the same as me yelling when the round starts "dont touch those couches over there, I'm going to shoot them across the map and use them somewhere else. Don't touch any of them." Come on man... You sound ridiculous.
                        • Sep 30, 2014
                          different situation here cause I'm not calling out that im going to get those props nobody touch them, here I'm already shooting the props and you start shooting it towards the basement so I shoot it towards where I wanted it to go and it ended up in that corner cause we were both shooting it at different directions. its not the same as me calling it out cause I got to the couches first and I started shooting them somewhere already and then you just start shooting it somewhere else. Anyways I felt like you were rulebreaking but maybe you weren't and if that's the case then im sorry for freezing you.
                        • Jun 29, 2014
                          I get that, the way u put it made me think if YOU froze me and if i started mouthing off to you it would be interfering
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.