Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

A couple of suggestions.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by username, Oct 31, 2011

1. May 2, 2011
    Hey guys, a noob here but I wanted to add a few suggestions and see what everyone thinks.

1. Create a separate server that hosts the "epic" maps, for example Mako, Minas, Predator, and even Paranoid. Personally I think it's a good idea to separate the players who just want the classic ZE escape experience with the "epic" ones other players gather to.

2. Make fail nades by giving zombies airtime. Some people will shout bloody murder at this but imo gives the "full" experience of ZE.

3. Make zombie spawn in place, rather than at the spawn of the map. This creates more tension and doesn't make every round last 15-20 minutes.

4. Zombie moaning. Bottom of the suggestions but I find it funny.

Discuss.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    1 is a valid suggestion, though I'm not sure how population would be effected.

2 would too often spell the end of a round with a simple mistake.

3, I can't figure out how on earth you would think this a good idea.

4 I though we had?
  4. Jan 12, 2011
    1) Pretty sure this won't happen, since I'm positive it was said in another thread that the map owners didn't want their maps overplayed. The way it is now gives the maps a longer life online.
    2) That would make people rage even harder on ZE. It's funny on ZM, but a pretty serious fuck up on ZE. Best to ask regulars, though...
    3) Pretty sure that will imbalance the game, though I'm not an expert on ZE gameplay... again ask the regulars.
    4) I thought that was already on all of our zombie servers?

Keep suggesting ideas, though. We like ideas. :thumbsup:
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    1.) Doubt it would ever happen because the mappers don't want it to.

2.) There were fail nades they were taken off due to complaints.

3.) The Rounds do not last 15-20 minutes the longest match I have seen would be about 5 minutes. The Maps have a set time of I think 30 Minutes which can be RTVed at 25:10.
    This is just..no bad for Plaguefests ZE

4.) I am pretty sure that already exists...
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    1. No. You'd be essentially splitting the ZE population in half. . .consequently, both[/b] servers would be less populated (which, imo, makes for less fun matches.)

2. Fail nades existed long ago. They were understandably taken off, but they made for some hilarious fails. I say we should have a Fail-Nade Week. xD

3. No. Zombie-spawn-at-spawn has always been a tradition at pF, and changing that would turn off ALOT of people, not to mention completely butt-fucking the gameplay the authors of the maps had in mind.

4. !zmoan
  7. Mar 19, 2011
    1. I don't believe it's a bad idea but too me I don't think the server would be populated enough to even be worth it. We had a Zombie Escape 2 Server but It never had any success so I don't think the new server will as well I could be wrong.

2. No, While I do think it does add to gameplay It just wouldn't work on Plaguefest, It's bad enough we fail with Napalm grenades that last for half the map and your expecting to use nades that don't?? This would cause so much fail it's not even funny... we barely win as it is and I'm pretty sure with this effect we'd constantly get trolls and grieifers who would just use nades to launch zombies ahead of the Humans. I would say pF Ze is filled with at least 50% brain-dead individuals most of the time.

3. Meeko you don't know how the authors intended to have the gameplay. Some maps do work with this method of spawning, I would think Icecap would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable with this type of spawning as well as other maps. However, there are some maps were it shouldn't be used but overall this would also just increase the amount of fail. Not to mention that going through the maps and changing the spawn would just be too much hassle overall.

4. We do have that enabled on all servers. I guess the command is !zmoan though I thought it was !scream or something like that.

But with all that said you'd never get enough support to actually have any of these ideas implemented.
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    OK NBK, I was guessing. But I'm sure majority of mappers created ZE maps with the zombie-at-spawn in mind, no?

On this post, thus begins my several-month-long hiatus from in-game.
  9. May 2, 2011
    NBK, your post gave me a lot of insight on why I still enjoy ZE. I've been playing it for some time on other servers and simply just got accustom to the amount of failure that I even started to find it funny, maybe that's why I kept playing and suggesting these ideas to get more "fail" back into the gameplay. I used to take CSS seriously, but then found ZE was so much more drama-free where you could just mute everyone and start laughing again.

You're probably right in saying I won't get enough support and I'm probably just a niche gamer who belongs in 2006. Oh well I still have memories.

:smile:
  10. Feb 12, 2011
    1. Nope, it'll split up the population, I've seen it and in the end both servers ultimately die.

2. No, this server is the hardest ze server that exists, enabling failnades would make people grief.

3. Just like 2, this'll create serious balancing problems.
  11. Mar 19, 2011
    Nah I understand I feel the same way even Ze maybe a year or two ago it was so damn fun and it wasn't too serious in such that winning was a big thing and I did have memories of a certain server that did have fail nades enabled and man so many great moments of fail but still as it applies to pF Ze there's just no sense in having it, such a hard server to win as it is already maybe if the server was successful at winning then it would be really considered but thats not the case here. And I use to play on a server that was pretty balanced gameplay wise so there was an even amount of winning that allowed it to have fail nades and there wasn't so many trolls as there are nowadays don't know what happened I really don't. And Even when I barely started playing on pF Ze I could see it to where it wouldve been okay to have Fail nades but not at this time.

Good that you have some Awesome Memories as do I. Oh well things change.
  12. Jan 11, 2011
    To be honest, at first I only knew servers that spawned 1 single zombie at place; and he had to infect as many humans as fast as possible before being shooted away from the main group.
    The problem with this method is its huge Fail-Ratio. Too many rounds were instant-lost/win with a good/bad (lucky/unlucky) zombie spawn (not to mention the single Mother Zombie being AFK or Friendly).

Later I saw servers doing this same thing, but with 2 or more zombies. It reducing the Fail-Zombies ratio; and with the introduction of Naplam Grenades it was possible for humans to survive.

I believe the "Multiple Zombies Teleported back to Spawn" (PlagueFest system) was the last I discovered; and I kinda agree it's a nice system; since gives a minimum amount of zombies, and is not based on lucky/unlucky zombies spawns that can get everyone/no-one.
    It is indeed a "Plague Fest Tradition" to use this spawn; however the timers need to get adjusted to most of the maps; and I don't know who is in charge but he doesn't care or strongly believes that the server is so morronic that it couldn't handle a normal gameplay; which is not true. I have seen pF get to the very end of Predator Ultimate, and that's one of the most "Zombie-Respawn-Friendly" maps that exist (meaning it's harder for pF than most servers because everyone that died at Predator respawned and got teleported right behind you).

Clear examples of maps that were made with "Zombie Spawns in the Middle of the Group" and them being faster than humans (pF ones aren't) are:

- FreeZe's maps: "Deathstar", "PotC" & "SG1Misions". All those maps have some zombie stoppers that are meant to stop the zombies for some seconds; because being balanced arround faster-than-humans zombies that didn't get teleported to the spawn; withouth those stoppers zombies would allways get first to the hold positions.
    - Hannibal's maps: "Mines of Moria", "Mount Doom" & "Helm's Deep". Like with Freeze's one, those map also include some kind of Zombie Stopper early (well, Mount Doom is not that earlier but still). Once more, those were there because zombies ALLWAYS were first to those places, being faster than humans and not gettting teleported back to spawn. When you use a different method (like pF does) the first 80% of the gameplay in the map gets ignored; since the stoppers are still there when not needed (because slow zombies and getting teleported back to spawn), so they stop even more zombies that don't need to be stopped. Helm's Deep however plays well with any settings if a minimum of zombies are given.
    - Most "old school maps" that contain only a hold at the very end while waiting for nuke/escape-vehicle. This would include Boat Escape, SST, Licciana, etc... All those maps contain no in-between holds; so humans in front aren't stopped nor forced to wait; so the guy who comes out first from spawn, gets to the end first aswel. All those maps counted on fast zombies spawning in the middle of the human group to spice it up the whole run. If you have zombies that are in the back, and that aren't faster than humans, you get "I just need to run, not even bother looking back and shooting" rounds and it gets really boring really fast.

Anyway, there are lots of maps in the pF server that should be more challenging and fun to play than they actualy, but require a coherent zombie spawning and, some of them (like PotC) zombies that are faster than humans; or it becomes just a run-fest.
    You were suposed to shot for your lives while running throught the columns in Mines of Moria; but on pF you CANT get catched by zombies that aren't faster than you are, and that can also get ignited and shotted quite easily.

I don't know who is in charge of the pF settings; but many of those maps can get somehow "fixed" just by using a spawn timer that makes sense, like 3-5 seconds (not 5-15 nor even 5-10) on the maps I mentioned, that way zombies should be behind humans from the very begging, (giving you something to do, apart from running throught the map) and the mentioned zombie stoppers would give you a break, instead of a unnecesary extra-advantage against zombies that you haven't even seen yet.

Also, Mako needs (with multiple zombies spawning setting that you use) a zombie spawn timer of exactly 29 seconds (I believe it's 29, but could be 28-31), so zombies spawn at the exact same time that they get teleported behind the trains. That's how the map was intendeed to be played; with zombies right behind you from the very begging; and gathering some of the materias in the city being a challenge, and not a walk.
    Also, right now it takes about 50 seconds to spawn the zombies... You had been playing for almost 1 minute, you are 5 metters away from the first materia, and then you get teleported back to the begging as a zombie? Weak... XD
    Also, this would remove/fix:
    - Need to change from T to CT team if you want to get materia.
    - Humans getting teleported behind the trains in a "WTF?" moment that makes no sense.
    - Humans touching the "Give-Zombie-Health" triggers while they are still terrorist, making you have 7.000+ HP humans that can survive Bahamuth's Mega Flare for way too long.

LoL. Long post. Sorry. XD
  13. Oct 22, 2010
  14. Aug 4, 2011
    Fail nade would get annoying. The spawning is even more annoying at this point thanks for the ideas but play more to see how these things work and see how the spawning and the nades would make the game annoying to play.
  15. Oct 29, 2010
    Your post was very necessary. Wisdom must be gained from a prolific map-maker like Kaemon himself. :blink:
  16. Feb 12, 2011
  17. Oct 29, 2010

This is getting awkward lol
  18. Feb 18, 2011

You guys believe failnades cause nothing but problems.... But at the same time it can provide as a useful tool. We can push zombies the fuck back when we hit em with it. It helps you gain skill, which is what we are lacking most at ZE. Grenades that have a good kickback keep people from buying awps just so they can awp zombies away.
  19. Feb 12, 2011
    Requires skill, pf is the most popular server US time, too many noobs thus many more failnades than own nades.

Easy math, no?
  20. Feb 18, 2011
    Diddnt know there was math in a sentence with no numbers.

If you read the whole thing youd notice that throwing more failnades gives you more knowledge on what you did wrong so you can improve rather than doing the exact same thing again.