Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

A Final Multi-Game

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Ghost, Mar 14, 2012

Is It a good idea?

Yes 7 vote(s) 58.3%
Maybe 4 vote(s) 33.3%
No 1 vote(s) 8.3%
  1. May 14, 2011
    As you all know CS:GO is coming out soon but before that happens I reckon us mappers should get together to make one final map. A dedication to CS:S. Each person could contribute a mini game or two for a the multi game. This would leave it open for new mappers because just 1 mini game isn't that hard to create and also people who do not make mg maps but have always had that one idea for a map that never got shown because it was too small for a full game.

At the moment this is just an idea and nothing more but if enough mappers say they want to contribute i could make a spawn and "compose" all the maps together into one final dedication to CS:S

Tell me what you think.

2. Feb 9, 2012
    sorry but just because cs:go is coming out, it doesnt mean everyone is gonna transition into it.
    i personally don't feel like buying another counterstrike game.

Also, im hoping it wouldnt be their last time mapping on source mods, that'd be a shame =/.
  3. May 14, 2011
    I'm not saying everybody would transition and neither that no more maps would be made for cs:s . This is a chance for all those people who have a map they never finished to get it out there. I want this released as a dedication because most of these people have grown up playing cs:s and no doubt CS:GO may have its flaws but it will be better and most will transition.
  4. Oct 17, 2011
    Will there be a new source engine for CS:GO for mapping or will it be source sdk for CS:GO. I don't know if i am off topic or not but i just want to know.
  5. May 14, 2011
    You know when you pick the game type in Source SDK. It will be there. Old maps will be 100% compatible once re-compiled as far as i know.
  6. Oct 17, 2011
    Ok, i might join you but i need you on my list. Can you tell me your steam profile name so i can add you?
  7. May 14, 2011
    lol. Read my signature. :grin:

8. Feb 12, 2012
    I'd like to contribute a piece to your epic MG map!
  9. Sep 30, 2011
    I agree that the transition may not be as big as you're anticipating.
    Although I would like to see how a mass project between the mappers would turn out.

I shall allow this.
  10. May 14, 2011
    Thanks for the support. Add me at deadfire19 . I will be making a group soon so we can all collaborate on this.

P.S.: This will not happen soon I will release a template for you guys in a months time or so.
  11. Jan 29, 2012
    Sounds like a plan. I'll add you.
  12. Jan 8, 2012
    Well CS 1.6 was Huge, I mean it still is, but source came out and 1.6 lost A LOT of people, and a lot of good people too. I can imagine source dieing down some after CS:GO
  13. Mar 31, 2010
    CS:GO has gotta fix some major issues first.

It'll take a while before the game comes out. I'm predicting for late Fall, regardless if csgo_dev or whoever said most likely "Summer". That shit ain't gonna happen unless a miracle happens and they magically fix everything they need to fix, or they could abandon and leave lots of people frustrated and have a broken/critically slammed game: their choice!
  14. Feb 24, 2011
    If CS:GO turns out better than expected i'll just convert my existing maps to it, pretty much re-texturing everything. But as far as i know CSS will still be the lead game.

Altough i could contribute with some minigame stage if this plan goes through.