Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion A pF Rust Server

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Kyro, Jan 16, 2016

1. Apr 26, 2015
    Thor and I (as well as some others) have been getting into rust quite a bit. There is a pretty good game community and its quite active. Tons of options for server admins to make whatever type of server you'd like. I don't know dick about shit when it comes to actually putting in the tools to make a server work, but it could be good for pF.

If management isn't too familiar with the game, i'd be willing to extend out a copy to them to play.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jan 21, 2011

Unfortunate.
    • Dec 30, 2006
      We'll put it on tony's computer. It's a celeron with 1gb of ram.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Oct 24, 2015
        That's odd I use to run Rust servers off of linux, it must of changed since the game updates so frequently. Either way PF can afford a small Windows VPS to run the game that would be under 20$ especially with all the donation that come in. So if that's the only reason stopping this from happening then that's a pretty weak excuse but then of course it could be the fact of laziness and management not wanting to setup anything. Best way to figure out if it's worth it is to do a poll vote seeing how many active members are willing to play and from what i hear it is quite a lot, plus rust servers get populated fast with the a good community behind it.
      • Apr 26, 2015
        Well, if that is something which changes, or pF can upgrade to allow support for I'd still love to see a Rust server in the future. Quite the bummer though.
      • Apr 28, 2013
        How about a virtual windows server on linux(I'm sure it exists somewhere..)?
      • Oct 10, 2010

if you guys make a rust server, im willing to buy that game
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 21, 2011
          I can only imagine how resource intensive a server running inside a virtual machine in Linux would be.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Oct 10, 2010
          • Mar 10, 2014
            hey if we get a rust server up and running ill bug @Thor Haz Luck to get it for me, lemme know how i can help
          • Apr 26, 2015
            You can make the server.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Oct 11, 2012
              • Oct 24, 2015
                Even better you buy a vps around 20 bucks with however many slots you would like.
              • Jan 25, 2014
                No way that would be like one month of admin!
              • Jan 21, 2011
                Or we could run it on @Tony's celeron for the cost of his time to set it up which would be free since his time is worthless.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Oct 11, 2012
                  I didn't suggest the VPS, because that's not the easiest path to getting a server up as it requires someone with some technical know how. (and I don't have time)

I second @Tony The Tiger and his celeron. It's probably a better/cheaper starting point since there's no guarantee people end up playing.
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  I have a vps but it would need an upgrade. If anyone wants to help pay for an upgraded vps, then sure!
                • Apr 18, 2014
                  Jeremy, Jan 19, 2016 Last edited by Jeremy, Feb 18, 2016
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  This would be my own server and have nothing to do with plaguefest. If it takes off or something, perhaps that could change.
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Oct 18, 2012
                    I'd be willing to donate a bit if this does happen since you already let me use it for my stuff.