Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

A request for mako

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by DeM0nFiRe, Dec 26, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 20, 2011
    Ok, so I would like mako to be removed because I think it's simply the worst map ever made in any game HOWEVER, I am guessing that's not going to happen :/

Instead, can someone at least please modify it so it doesn't keep playing that terrible music so loudly? I cannot turn down the volume for the music because it doesn't go through the normal music channel. I can't mute it for the same reason, I would have to mute all sound. Doing snd_restart will only stop it temporarily, the next music trigger (holy hell there's like 50 of the damn things) will start it up again. As it is I have snd_restart bound to a key, but this is just plain ridiculous.

If the map is changed so it doesn't play that music anymore, maybe I can at least not have to leave the server every time the map comes on.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    Thats a map issue not a server issue. Continue with snd_restart in console. The map does not serve problems towards the server like crashing. I hate the map too but I deal with it.
  3. Dec 20, 2011
    Oh, is this not the right forum for it? I thought this was for any discussion about matters related to a single server. Also, mako does cause crashing more than most other maps.

Anyway, I could deal with it if it didn't blare ridiculously loud and bad music in my ears. Like I said, as it stands now I just have to leave the server when it comes on, which is stupid because then I lose a spot and miss any good maps that might come up.

Also on a related issue, can you please tell admins and donators to stop intentionally nominating maps no one will vote for so they can force mako to be voted on?
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    What do you mean? Do you mean when the server crashes they nominate mako or minas first so it gets in there first?
  5. Dec 20, 2011
    When the server crashes, they'll often nominate mako (sometimes minas, more often mako) before the normal 8 maps have passed. This past time it was the 3rd map we played after the crash.

If you are talking about the last thing I said, I mean that some of the donators and admins are intentionally nominating maps they know almost no one would vote for so that there is less of a chance that mako (or whatever map they are pulling for) won't get votes. Since a lot of the donators and admins are friends, that's pretty sketchy business. 4 or 5 admins who are friends get on, they can just about guarantee the map they want will be played.
  6. Dec 3, 2011
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Remove yourself from the server, mako is like one of the best maps made, if you are to dumb to play it then u dont need to put another persone fun away by asking to remove[/font]
  7. Jan 12, 2011
    That's your opinion. Many people still enjoy the map, despite the lag or crash issues.

That's your choice and you can always play on one of the other servers in the meantime. All you have to do is press Esc and refresh your favorites list to see when the map changes on ZE and rejoin.

Not sure how that is possible, since the limit is there for a reason. If the server is restarted after a crash, though, any map can be nominated I believe.

I'm lost here. This thread was complaining about Mako, right? Shouldn't you want the admins and donators nominating different maps that aren't played as much for server diversity? As you said above, whenever Mako comes on you have to leave it to not have some music bother you. When admins an donators nominate other maps, they can keep some maps (such as Mako) from being overplayed. While that doesn't always work, that's actually the main reason why we have a separation of 8 maps between plays to prevent it.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    Wow don't have that kind of attitude toward it. I hate mako. I still play it sometimes despite that. But it doesn't change my opinion in the slightest. He is a regular and did not like the map, its his input, calling him dumb and boasting about how mako is great only makes you seem ignorant. Sorry there is no other way to say it.

I nominate classic maps. I like them and apparently so does the server. Yes I nominate my maps because I don't want to play other maps, that is the whole point of nominations. There are plenty of admins and donors that nominate the "good maps" (minas and mako and before it was removed predator). I am confused as to why you think this is bad since you were pleading to remove mako in the original post.

Esc>options>audio>set the game volume bar all the way to the left.

When the server crashes all of the recently played maps reset. The reason we sometimes go back is because everyone was on some high level in a map and wanted to go back. Many times when I am in the server and there is a crash I make a vote proposing to go back (after consulting other admins of course). I void certain buttons so people don't 1 spam. If there is a majority I change it back and set the map to its original level (if there is one) and everyone resumes their good time. If there are a few out there who don't like it they deal with it or go to another server. There are plenty out there and you can play on them until the map goes back. I'm sorry, but the map will never be removed unless there is a monstrous problem that causes issues with the server.

Hopefully this answers all of your questions/problems.
  9. Jul 4, 2011
    Mako Reactor is a good map, just learn how to play it, it isn't THAT bad. If the music really is that annoying and loud, lower the volume and continue using the "snd_restart" command, shouldn't be much of a problem if you have it bound.

No, it doesn't.

Conclusion; A map simply isn't going to be removed just because you don't like it.
  10. Mar 12, 2008
    heres some help for you.

play this while you're playing mako and it gets 20x better.

or you can probably play some skrillex.

he's a great dubstep artist too (among the best) and you wont have to worry a thing about crummy map music anymore.
  11. Oct 29, 2010

In your dreams son, in your dreams.
  12. Mar 19, 2011
    Mhm though I prefer listening to Strobe though. Just listen to your favorite music.
  13. Feb 12, 2011
    Dubstep is fucking horrible and gay.

Trance/Hardstyle is the way to go.
  14. Sep 25, 2010
    Mako won't be removed for the reasons you have listed. You are going to have to keep using snd_restart or other alternative methods. And to make sure this thread doesn't turn into a discussion of what music is good :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.