Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

A side note to admins....

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Mata, Feb 2, 2007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 21, 2007
    Somethigns been bothering me, and its kind of getting irritating. Ive noticed that many, if not all admins seem to be doing things that bring down the gameplay. Im not talking major admin abuse, but im talking about things like, random slaps, teleporting, changing skins.
    Im sure many dont think its a big deal, but what would an admin do if a player were to do those things? It would be a kick or a ban right? Becasue it hurst the game play. Imagine if any player could teleport, what a mess it would be. Im sick of having an admin teleport all of his friends into a bunker to save them from zombies, or changing a skin so you dont know the player is a zombie, or just a random slap that does 0dmg but knocks you off a roof. I just think that its hurting the gameplay in the server. Just my opinion.
  2. Posts
    I had no idea admins were changing zombies' skins to that of regular T's and CT's - that's not ok in my book.
  3. Jan 5, 2007
    I haven't noticed any real abuse by any of the current admins. Yeah I change skins, but that's when I'm still a human. On the rare occasion that I do change my skin as a zombie, I never make any attempt to kill humans, and I'm usually just watching a spawn like that to catch the campers. If I slap someone, it's because they are either blocking a doorway/ladder/whatever, or they are camping in a spot where they don't belong.
  4. Jan 7, 2007
    ill admit ive slapped a few, but not without reason. i also may be a little freeze happy when it comes to spawn campers but i give fair warning before i start punishing them. i never change my skin eather lol
  5. Jan 11, 2007
    I did that once (about 3 weeks ago, when I was last able to play)... not to the regular T's or CT's skins, but to the admin-army skin. I got turned into a zombie while I was doing this (not paying attention...) and ended up unintentionally disguising my zombie identity. It was a mistake and I felt bad about it. I'm not sure if I will bother with the admin army skin at all any more...

I think Mata happened to sum up the fundamental goal of pf server admins:

Take administrative action to improve the overall experience and enjoyment of the average player on our server.

--If any player is interfering with the overall plaguefest experience of the average player, then we should take action
    (eg. banning hackers, muting voice spammers, teleporting spawn killers out of the spawn, starting a map vote after a number of players ask for a map change, etc.).

--Conversely, if our action will decrease the overall plaguefest experience of the average player on our server, then we shouldn't do it
    (eg. slapping for fun, freeze bombing spawn campers, teleporting ourselves to cheap spots on the map, or any other sort of abuse of our powers)

...ofcourse, every admin might have the occasional lapse (during the quiet hours when there are 3 admins playing on a server with only 15 players, for example...) As long as the lapses in responsible 'admin'-ing are minor in nature and occur only rarely, the harm should be minimal.

That's my two cents
  6. Dec 30, 2006
    This is talking about me. Im sorry im not going to do it anymore most likely. Thanks for the complaint.
  7. Feb 2, 2007
    I believe all the admins should be at the same pages. In game, some spots for some admins are ok, but some admins have problem for those hiding spot. And it's hard for players to fellow all different kind of rules by different admins.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.