Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

a timeclock for our website.

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by 911Trigger, Mar 23, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    Could we possibly have a time showing somewhere at the top of the website? most of us live in different time zones and looking at time of some of the events, i can't right away figure out what time it would be in my time zone. i could just look it up online or something but i think it'd be easier to how many hours away it is until 8 PM
    -7 PDT
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    I thought time was localized to your location? Did you not set your timezone?

3. Feb 12, 2012
    @Kyle, he means an actual clock, not the timezone setting in the options.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    What good would that do? he has a clock on his system tray and everything is in his time.

Is there a problem here?

EDIT: I understand the request now. @Brian can we translate event times to actual user location times? Ie if You make an event using GMT +4, and I'm -9, the existing event should display +4. Then have another field saying Your Time or whatever. The only reason that I'm suggesting double displaying is because some users may not set their timezone correctly.

5. May 27, 2008
    I agree with this.

It's not hard to set a secondary clock in your system tray.
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    It is via the board, but the EVENTS is a completely separate bit of code not included in XF thus it doesn't go by XF's time shit. When someone posts an event they can choose the timezone and time. There is no feature currently where this can be offset / calculated depending on your XF board preference. Also users not setting their timezones correctly WOULD indeed fuck this up and confuse people. We'd need to use GeoIP for auto-detection and fuck user preferences. I can look into it but for now, learn your timezone and figure out the offset.