Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

A week without being ranked!

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Meltdown™, Nov 23, 2014

1. Feb 25, 2014
    It's time for nice dare, Who would like to disable rank for a whole 7 days so we can play without the fuss of the stupid rank. The best would be if like everyone in the top100/1000 would disable it that would really make a nice pose. So imma gonna check out who is with me here for a full week of no ranks, come lets do this write it down if you agree and want to join I will set a date if we get enough participants.:thumbsup:
  2. Jun 19, 2013
  3. May 31, 2012
    I always switch on and off depending on my location.
  4. Jan 3, 2013
  5. Mar 4, 2012
    You're not fucking taking my ZE rank away from me you cheeky bastard. I EARNED THAT SHIT THROUGH TEARS, SWEAT AND PREDATOR BLOOD.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      Type into chat (not console) /gameme_hideranking

That disables it, and it also enables it when you want to switch back.
      • Informative Informative x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011
        Let's just get rid of the rank system altogether!
        • Agree Agree x 4
        • Like Like x 3
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
        • Feb 2, 2014
          • Don't worry @Meltdown™. Soon enough, you'll get tired of being a rank whore. Trust me. You'll just have fun playing with your friends, even when the server is quite empty. You only need one or two people you really like and it's all that really matters. Perhaps you'll find something else you could like on Zombie Mod besides stabbing humans or shooting at poor harmless zombies with your p90/mp5 or your glock. I know you like the glock, Melt ^^.
          • Your idea is not that bad. It is kind of funny though. xD Can't you just think about playing ZM a week, without worrying about rank or anything, even if the rank is still enabled? Haha. I mean, seriously.
          Besides, i don't think it could be an event, since the rank whore on zm is an endangered species, as the server is slowly but surely dying.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Jun 4, 2006
            FWIW /gameme_hideranking doesn't disable rank (your stats are still being tracked), it just hides your profile from showing up on the main 'Players' list (can still be found via search or direct link).
            • Winner Winner x 2
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Jan 13, 2010
              Disabling ranks makes for an overall better environment to play in. Competitive play is one thing, but people take it way too seriously and it only leads to people trying to preserve their imaginary skill number. They avoid deaths and kill whore constantly, leading to a poor playing environment.
            • Oct 24, 2013
              • Feb 25, 2014
                Yeah I guess it doesn't totally disable it, the point is thou that without being ranked u could have probably even more fun then when ur trying so hard to be ranked. It really is a mindset in the end.
              • Oct 30, 2013
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Dec 27, 2012
                  I really don't understand the problem. Those who want to focus on rank, go for it. Those who don't, don't.

Did I miss something?
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                  • Artistic Artistic x 1
                  • Oct 24, 2013
                    Hahahahaha i love this thread. I am glad i got to witness such amazing things.
                  • Dec 27, 2012
                    +1 Optimi- Wait, you didn't like that one, sowwy.:neutral:
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Feb 8, 2013
                      There nothing on ZM that's competitive. Rank is not competitive at all. At least not the way it's being gained. Competition means serious gameplay. People are serious and try in competitions. The hell you talking about.

Zombie mod is meant to just be for fun. People can try or just play normally.

Oh, and don't refer anyone as "no lifers" because there's too many these days. People drop thousands of dollars on crates in CS:GO just for fucking skins. So yeah, tons of people who are addicted to video games. More than ever. If I'm going to play a game I love and spend most of my time on, I might as well be good at it.

Thought I'd like to share. Don't mean to offend anyone, just in case. Just my dollar (instead of 2 cents, 'cause I wrote a lot).
                      Orange, Nov 24, 2014 Last edited by Orange, Nov 24, 2014
                    • Oct 24, 2013
                      Maybe we should start a petition to remove ranking altogether then :razz:
                    • Oct 10, 2014
                      As rank is not something I strive to increase on my part, I'd like to give a somewhat unbiased opinion on the matter. Might I pose the theory, that by removing the ranking system, ZM might lose those members who do play for the ranking system, to a different server not to mention the loss those players who don't care about the ranking system but enjoy playing with rank focused friends who have moved on to a new server. Not that there is a guarantee of this happening but I'm sure there are people who play on pF's ZM server who take rank some what seriously and might frown upon this change. In the end, pF's objective should be to increase server population or at least maintain it while still guaranteeing member morale in such trying times for the css world. I don't mean to shoot your idea down, as a) I don't have that power, and, b) Any idea in hopes of bettering pF servers is always welcome; just some food for thought.
                      • Agree Agree x 1