Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

A zombie escape map idea

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Anathema, Jun 23, 2011

1. Feb 18, 2011
    So I was thinking while watching 28 Weeks Later today. Why not make a map about it? So I came up with a bunch of things I think would be useful. For thoose who have seen the movie mabye you could try some of your own ideas. Humans start in the bunker where the millitary locks them up in. They have to shoot the door to break it, and at the top of the stairs theres the humvees with manable guns on them. You defend for a period of time and take cover in the warehouse stocked with food. You then go out another door and proceed to an underwater bridge. You hold there and after that you continue through the streets of London. Everybody must then get in a car that drives them to a stadium. Once they get there they must hold before entering it. After entering it humans must navigate their ways through the dark tunnels filled with escalators and stairs. After getting on the stadium grass they must hold untill the chopper gets there. When the chopper gets there, and picks humans up console can display a message saying something like MILLITARY FIREBOMBING IMMINENT. And kill all the zombies.
    Please give me some feedback to what you think about this and if any mapper is intrested on this please PM me. I am open to critisism so go ahead and tell me what you think.

(P.S. I think my brother mentioned to me before about the map being done before, If this is true get me a link so I can try to differ from the map as much as possible so it doesnt look like a complete ripoff.)
  2. May 15, 2011
    I can't remember if they're working on it or they scrapped it.

I think I read somewhere it was scrapped?

I'm not sure, you would have to look it up.

But ya this is something that has been thought of before.
  3. Apr 2, 2011
    I like the idea, but why 28 days later? you ever read World War Z by Max Brooks? A map based on that war (initial outbreaks and whatnot) would be better imo. But I like the map idea... and should be tried again if it was scrapped
  4. May 28, 2011
    I still think a Dead Space map would kick ass.
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    I thought 28 days later took place in Alaska not London? But i can't do it right now if i wanted to, all my source games are broken. Maybe I'll look into it, I have a lot of free time this summer.
  6. Feb 18, 2011

28 days later was the first movie that I can't think of ideas for escaping in, well I could but it would be harder. 28 Weeks Later is the sequel with all the millitary presence and whatnot. And the Alaskan movie you are thinking of is 30 Days Of The Night.

Oh and I did find out that Hannibal did attempt to make a ZM verion of it LONG ago. Not ZE so I guess its a new idea that can be given a try.
  7. May 15, 2011
    That's cool.

The problem now is you need a team of mappers who are all willing to put the time and effort into it.

Also good mappers.

ZE is not something that a noob like me could do.

It also takes ALONG time because of all the planning needed to create the maps and setting up all the variables for the gameplay.

It's not like a ZM map or DM map in any way.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    I guess I will have to get a few people together then. Thanks Dirt.
    If you are good at mapping, I ask that you please volunteer your time and help me out in making this. Together we can make a good map. If you are intrested, send me a PM.