Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal Abandoned Mall room

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Orange, May 8, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 8, 2013
    Hello. So this is one of the problems on some maps, but this is one in Abandoned Mall. The money crate or whatever. It is literally impossible to move, no matter what. A lot of people choose to camp here because this is a spot they know they'll survive in. Can we please do something about this? Remove money crate? Make the room illegal?

AM illegal
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yeah I agree. Same problem in zm moon roflicious in the love room. These money crate need to be glitchable or removed or their mass changed to be lighter.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      While I do hold much hate for the money crates, at least the one in moon rofl can be jumped over.

I'll most likely list this spot, will leave this open for a couple days to get some more input.
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Why remove a spot because of a crate rather than removing the crate?
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Nov 29, 2010
        Because changing another mapper's map without their consent usually leads them to them losing their shit for us touching their stuff.

#nosleepyolo
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Because I'm dumb and can't edit maps! :frownbig:
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Remove the crate then add a couple vendies or something. There's literally nothing else in the room/section.

Get on it @Detonator i know you like to trainwreck edit maps.
        • Funny Funny x 2
          Taters, May 8, 2013 Last edited by Taters, May 8, 2013
        • Sep 25, 2010
          It would be silly to trouble everyone with re-download a map for one crate. This can be done via a plugin if Kyle is up for it.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            I thought Kyle already has more than enough on his plate.

Also, I stabbed people in there a few times. I simply hid, then patiently waited for the unsuspecting ct to peek out.
          • Dec 7, 2012
            I do agree that it's nearly impossible or impossile to kill the human(s) when the money crate is blocking the door way, but I don't think we should make the room illegal. Just get rid of the money crate!:wink:
          • Nov 11, 2011
            Reference to @GiGaBiTe for those who don't know what he's talking about.

On a serious note, changing the property of a crate is not going to change gameplay.
          • Dec 7, 2012
            Same issue in the map zm_hospital. It's nearly impossible or impossible to kill a human when the crate is blocking the entrance. Would be nice to get rid of the crate too! :wink:
            [IMG]
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Mar 12, 2008
              Yes it is. You're altering a prop that had a high chance of saving you for the round. You're taking that prop and making it lighter, so that means you have a higher chance of failing since it's not as "heavy" as it used to be.

Money crate is the strongest prop in the game and can be hella imbalanced at times. This instance proves that. Saying that changing it won't affect gameplay is ridiculous. remember that this would change all money crates if a plugin was implemented. The auditorium on Highschool would be essentially worthless, as well as a bevy of other maps that contain these props.

In this case, i'm for either removing it or changing it.
            • Nov 11, 2011
              You clearly didn't understand the implication of equation and balance. That map was built around reload, non-unlimited ammo servers where the zombies would actually have a chance. Since we have no-reload and unlimited ammo, removing or modifying the crate will not alter gameplay.
              Post Merged, May 8, 2013
              And the idea of using a plugin to modify all the crates Deto, terrible idea. That would nuke a lot of good spots in other maps.
            • Mar 12, 2008
              I think that should have been taken into consideration given that we're an unlimited ammo, no reload server. Simple solution, lets remove the map.
            • Oct 29, 2010
              Desiring to remove or alter the crate is all well and good but, until said modification is implemented, we've little choice but to work with what we're given.

So back to the topic at hand, anyone have any reason(s) this spot should not be listed?
              • Like Like x 1
              • Jul 10, 2011
                I guess we should make it illegal, until it can be balanced out or something
              • Mar 26, 2009
                Why would clients have to re-download the map to remove a crate? You can use Stripper:Source (http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/) and write a script to remove the crate, or replace it with a more balanced prop in its place like a vending machine, shelf or smaller crates that aren't impossible to move.

The less ideal method is to use Entspy, but you have to use the "don't break CRC" so its compatible with existing maps. The only problem with this is it poisons the existing map version installed pool. New clients that don't have the unmodified map will get the modified map and might not be able to play on some other servers properly.

I don't really think it's worth it to fix zm_hospital, it's a shitty map. It's dark, nonsensical and all of the barricade spots are too challenging to hold without a ton of people.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  Thread Status:
                  Not open for further replies.