Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

About non-donators priority

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by SubDelt@, Apr 25, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 12, 2012

I have a proposal for ZE server.

I saw alot of incidents when good non-donator players were getting kicked for donator's slot. And these good players were waiting for a free slot to join back, while noobs/griefers/trolls/spammers were keeping playing and slow down the whole team.

So, here is my proposal:
    Create some players group (like "Donators"), called "Checked" or something like that. These players don't have any advantages like "zero fall damage", or "200hp". The only difference between these players and common players is that they're not getting kicked for using a donator slot.

I think, it would be useful on maps like Predator/Mako/Paper, because its alot easier to win with "Admins/Donators + good players" situation than with "Admins/Donators + noobs/griefers/trolls/spammersslowingdownthegoddamnteam".

Well, thats all. Thx for attention.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Currently the only people that are being removed from the servers are those in spectate. As long as someone is in game and playing, they will never be removed so this is really a non-issue.
    • Mar 16, 2008

Not happening. If they want to not get kicked for donors who are supporting the server, they can either buy donor or get on at a earlier time. The system kicks spectators following with either the highest ping or the last connected. I don't remember which but we're not giving reserved slot away as that will null that bonus for people who help support the server.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 1, 2012
        what I observed is, most donators are pretty decent or even a lot better than an average player.

I understand your frustration, and that's why I decided to donate :razz:
      • Sep 25, 2010
        I have seen players get kicked in game with a lot of people in spectate.
        Could it be that all spectators aren't afk?
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 12, 2012
          Maybe its because all the spectators are donors/admins?

I would support your idea sub, but tbh, there are only like 5 of you who are worth it who are not already donator+ :wink:
        • Feb 21, 2007
          or it could be that they just joined spectate after becoming a zombie (and are waiting for round to restart so they can be human again) and system does not see them as "afk specs"
        • Mar 20, 2012
          just got kicked with an important map item as a human ...that sucks -.-for me and the team
          would be better if "non donators zombies" would be kicked first ...something like that ...
          dont think that this check-option sub mentioned has a future...
          who is gonna rate the players ? how long do they have the status...? questions like this make such a system hard 2 accomplish
        • Mar 12, 2008
        • Apr 12, 2012
          Instead of having a list of people who have been 'checked', how about instead keeping a list of people who have been observed trolling/griefing? Admins could add them by steamID from either in-game or through a website plugin, and any player on this list would be first kicked. You could use the steambans log, even.
        • Jun 17, 2011
          But seeing as how popular ZE is and how many people try to join it. Keeping track of such things is a hassle.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          We don't run SteamBans for issues that I wont go into. I don't remember it doing this kind of logging, either.
        • Jun 4, 2006
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.