Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ABout purchasing admin.

Discussion in Help Desk started by 911Trigger, Feb 9, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    So i was wondering, if i subscribe to an admin subscription, could i just cancel the sub after it goes through (but itll still keep my 1 month) or do i have to keep it on till the very last day (which would be a hassle).
    Im only asking this because i have subscribed to another server before and you would be able to cancel the subscription after the payment is sent and everything is verified so you wouldnt need to deal with that. I tried checking around forum about admin purchase guides and etc.

Also, could anyone explain to me how the admin level works? (i heard there are stages of admin levels) such as : how many levels, what each levels allow you to do, and will the levels stay even if i stop subscribing for a while, and get it back after i re-sub.?
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    In a nutshell.

I know nothing about how subs work.

But levels just means you have access to more commands, this is done with promotions.

And as far as I know (read this yesterday I believe) If you cancel your subscription then come back you start at the level you left at.

I'm sure a higher up admin can clarify a lot of this for you. But that's what I know to the best of my ability.
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    Thanks for the response. so the access is just a promotion? it's not like a ''i level up for every month of admin i own'' right?

but my only real concern is whether i will be able to cancel the sub after the process goes through, for i do not want to wait till the last day, and accidentally miss it and subscribe again (because i don't know whether i will want to keep re-subbing or not, depends how it goes for me)
  4. Feb 5, 2012

What happens with promotions is it's a request or your handpicked.
  5. Aug 18, 2006
    You can sign up for admin and cancel the subscription right afterwards, it's no problem.

Admin levels: You basically get more admin abilities as you level up, theres Level 1-3, LSA, and root (being the highest). If you stop paying for a while and you're a level 2 or higher and want to resubscribe, it's possible for you to get it back, just sign up again and let us know once you do and we would set you up.

As far as promotions go, you'll most often level up by submitting a promotion request, and if you've been a good admin, we'll usually grant it. Level 1's can get a promotion after a month of being admin (again, provided you do your job well and you're active on the community)
  6. Nov 29, 2010

First thing is that yes, you may purchase admin and then cancel your sub. As long as you don't ask for the $15 you spent for that month back then you retain your powers.

As time progresses, if you prove you are mature and are deemed worthy of a promotion, you make a thread on the forums. Do note however, that you do require some time on the server before we make decisions, or if you do an outstanding job. 1 month is typically how long it takes for a level 1 to reach level 2. Level 3 requires higher pre-reqs and LSA or Level 4 is chosen, you don't apply for it.
  7. Sep 25, 2010
    You can cancel your sub the moment you purchase admins!
  8. Feb 9, 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys, but i still have the last question im curious about : what exactly are the perks gained from each level of admin and what are the starting commands you're allowed to have. It's not that it matters much to me, but im curious to know.
  9. Sep 25, 2010
    200 hp, jump boost, no fall damage, reserved slot.
    The commands that you get are the ones that allow you to take care of a situation if needed lol. If you really want me to, I can list them.
  10. Feb 9, 2012
    If it's too long, then possibly list lvl 1-2 for me =). thank you, much appreciation is given to you. xD

Edit: also, i realized that my thread got moved to help desk. I figured it was appropriate to post in Admin section since in the description it also listed Questions. xD
  11. Sep 25, 2010
    Ban kick freeze slap beacon spec who users gag mute silence

Those are what I can remember off the top of my head.

EDIT :> It's ok I moved it. No worries :razz:
  12. Feb 9, 2012
    K thxs for the info. also im just bored waiting for server to come back up. sadly i don't think there's enough people who go in forums.

edit: While im at it, while i was looking through the subscription types, i noticed you guys did a little bad math on the one year admin (it shows it as you saving 60 bucks but you're really only saving 30.) It's not nice to lie xD
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    hmm, maybe I shouldn't have moved to help desk, but I think admin subscriptions pages messy with admin/donator purcahse threads as it is. Maybe an admin/ donator questions sub forum is better?

EDIT :> Huh? there is no year admin sub to my knowledge o.o
  14. Feb 9, 2012
    On the top right under ur name (well at least for me). You clcik on that down arrow, and at the bottom of the tab there is ''purchase paid subscription'' . it gives the option of 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year.

Silly, and you've been here for over a year and half!
  15. Aug 18, 2006
    If you're talking about the "Purchase Paid Subscription" link in your profile - don't use that, it's old/inactive. Please use the purchase page: http://plaguefest.com/purchase/
  16. Feb 9, 2012
    oh ic, well i was thinking you guys should get that removed then xD
  17. Jun 17, 2011
    From what I know the one year sub has been removed