Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Abuse by admin

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by BiteMe, Mar 25, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 28, 2011
    While playing in one of your servers, was kicked with no warning by Harvey. When I came back in and asked why, I was informed I was cade-breaking. While correct in one sense, I was unaware anyone was in the room and was not warned before the kick.

What makes it irritating is the fact that when I expressed my irritation, was text-chatted by multiple other admin/pf players as to "Are u mad brah?'....

As I am a regular in the servers and bring a lot of my friends as I tell them that the admins are mature (and not a bunch of kids) I am very disappointed to see I evidently am incorrect in what I tell my friends.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 7, 2010
      First of all you are a regular and you stated that you knew the rules of breaking barricades were wrong. Second you stated that you expect to receive a warning every time you purposely break barricades. That is not going to happen. You knew it was wrong to do so that is why you were removed. Third you then used the excuse that since you didn't see anyone in the room it was okay to break barricades. As you were informed in game there were 3 CTs in the room and that is why you were removed.

All these events can be confirmed by Seks (a Lead Admin Peer) that was in game at the time in case you try to dispute these facts.

In the future if I catch you purposely breaking barricades knowing the rules, you will be banned.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      You should know the rules. Being a regular won't gain you special treatment. I see no issue with what Harvey did in this case.
    • Mar 12, 2012
      bro ive been an admin for like 10 mins and i was getting ready to kick you.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I was there as well and saw it all happen. Bite me, I consider you a friend, but you should know not to break cades in any circumstance. I can understand where you are coming from but no one is treated with exceptions. If you break the rules, you will get removed from the server. It's always been like this and even I have been a victim, so don't take it personally.

On a side note, many of the upper level admins have been with PF for a long time and are seniors, it would be ignorance on your part to assume they don't know what they are speaking about. Just don't do it again and there won't be any problems. :wink:
    • Dec 28, 2011
      I had no idea that there was anyone inside the cade. As I stated in-game, I thought the CT had turned to a zombie. I had to blow through 5 levels of cade (and was at the 2nd level) and the admin could have easily informed me to stop, but instead just kicked. The attitude after I asked why was what was most unprofessional, as Harvey stated next time he will just ban me.

Sajak, I do understand what you are saying, yet from everything I have ever been told, an admin should issue a warning (especially to a player that is in server so much) not just indiscriminately kick. :frown:
    • Dec 28, 2011

From the server rules section:

Do not grief.
      This includes but is not limited to aiding zombies by breaking defense spots on purpose (doors, boxes, barricades, etc).

As it was obvious I was not griefing but was just trying to get through the cade and rebuild defensively, my point should be obvious.
    • Dec 28, 2011
      As a side note, Sajak, I (in the last week) have seen so many cade breakers get away with it when they knew there were players behind the cade. Then here I come, whom everyone knows I NEVER break cades to screw anyone, and are treated in the manner of which I was. Very simple, no obfuscation. Just hard data.

It is usual in any server where everyone knows you and knows how you play, to show some respect and not troll (as was the case when I came back in and was asked "u mad brah?'). It shows that there was more going on then just me breaking rules and an admin kicking me for it.
    • Dec 28, 2011
      Harvey,

Your first sentence is incorrect, as I did admit to breaking a cade, but not griefing. An honest mistake on my part which could have easily been addressed by letting me know you (and.or others) were actually there.

Isn't the purpose of the -no cade breaking' rule specifically for 'griefing'? Where was I griefing? There is a very real difference between griefing and what I was attempting. The rules are under "Griefing" and as I wasn't, I think you are wrong. The rules are clear and their intent is clear. Any one that plays (and you have played with me also) in the last 6 months can attest I have never griefed. Not my style. There is no dispute of any facts, just that you, as admin, showed no respect to a player in the server who has never caused trouble in the past. You, without any warning of any kind, kicked a player for 'griefing' without ascertaining the facts. You stated you were behind the cade. Why could you not have just let me know I was breaking your cade? You certainly took the time to kick me.

The plaguefest website specifically states in the FAQ for admins:

The admin who issues the first verbal or text warning to that individual is responsible for the escalation procedures.

There was no text nor verbal warning, nor no escalation process.
    • Dec 7, 2010
      I hope you are not inferring that I had trolled you in any way as there were several witnesses that would state the contrary. As for other players, I am sure there are times where admins are not present on the server or were not present during the offending event. But others breaking barricades and potentially getting away with it does not excuse your actions, especially when you were caught in the act.

As your were in the wrong and outwardly complaining how others get away with it and you should too argument amused quite a few players causing the "u mad brah" situation.

In the future the best advise I can give you is to properly follow the server rules as you are a guest on the server and should behave appropriately.
    • Dec 28, 2011
      Could we please stick on topic? In what manner did I break server rules, Harvey? I was NOT griefing and as you summarily kicked me with NO warning (verbally or text-wise) there was no chance for either myself to stop breaking a cade being used, nor for you to find out that it was an honest mistake on my part (not griefing).
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Since you have demonstrated the inability to take responsibility for your actions I have nothing more to add.
    • Dec 28, 2011
      Harvey,

I apologize if my wanting to clarify the incident annoys you with my wanting to stay on topic instead of veering away from it. You have still not once answered any of my questions, but seem (as can be seen above) to want to steer it away from my simple questions.

Would you be kind enough to let me know why my actions merited no warning nor escalation process?
    • Jul 24, 2011
      Sounds like Harvey kept himself restraint, FEAR his wrath >:3

on subject: You shouldn't have been cade breaking in the first place. As a regular u should be aware of the rules, Harvey did not abuse you. In fact, he didn't even ban you; so stop complaining before matters get worse. A ban would of been abuse. Regulars do not get special treatment from admins.

A simple example:

Sajak is a regular on ZM1. If I saw him use racism in the server, I would auto-kick him auto-mute him. Hell I higher ranked admin might even ban him for 30 minutes. People who have been coming to these servers for a while should know not to break the rules and do not get special treatments from admins. A warning would not be needed in this situation.

Summary: You were kicked by harvey because he knew you were aware of the rules. A warning was not needed in this situation.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Looks like there has been enough discussion. There is no admin abuse here.

::locked::
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Jul 14, 2010
          You were not abused, you were kicked for cade breaking, your excuse isn't going to work here. Even if you saw no one inside, there were people inside, and it was your mistake for not looking. Ignore the people saying 'u mad bruh' because letting it get to you is pretty childish as it's the internet. :locked: as everyone involved has made their input and there was no abuse.

Edit: damn you dherkk
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.