Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Abuse Thread Reminder [Everyone Read]

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Peter, Jul 11, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 27, 2008
    As a new revising that has taken place, this entire post will be altered. You are allowed to post in abuse threads, allowing you to give us a third party testimony as long as it goes toward resolving an abuse thread.

In case you don't understand I'll let you guys know a couple Do's and Don'ts.

Do NOT reply in threads where:
    - You do not bring any help towards resolving the incident. [Meaning your input is not helpful in any way, i.e. not bringing any supporting evidence, chat logs, screenshots, demos, or if you end up arguing back and forth with someone.]

Do reply when:
    - You have something that may help us resolve an incident. [Meaning you have brought in a chat log, demo, screenshot, you were a witness & have details to add, any evidence.]

Do NOT argue back and forth in an abuse thread. This leads to nothing and your posts will be removed.

If you cannot follow this procedure, you may have your posting rights temporarily suspended or you will be yelled at by Kyle.

Also I want to add, if you are not an LSA, or Management, you are not someone who is allowed to make a decision on how punishment is administered. This means that you cannot tell us how to punish someone if you are not one of these member groups. Do not add your 'vote' to an abuse thread as to what should happen to the accused individual.

If you have any questions, concerns or additions, keep it in a private message to one of us on the forums and keep it out of the thread.

Thank you.
    Peter, Jul 11, 2011 Last edited by Peter, Aug 21, 2014
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    Thank you Bubbles.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    I'm bumping this one last time before I start giving out warnings.

Please read this,
    When admin abuse is reported, only posts from the reporting player (if appropriate), accused admin, and any eyewitnesses will be allowed. All other posts will be deleted immediately and warning status will be raised. (Warning status can result in forum suspension)
  4. Aug 18, 2006
    Tweaked a bit.

Why do people find this so hard to understand?
  5. May 27, 2008
    Bumped for a revise on the entire post. If there's anything I forgot to add let me know or fix it where it seems to fit in.
  6. May 27, 2008
    Hey everyone.
    As of late, there has been a lot of back and forth between users in the admin abuse threads that have recently showed up.
    I can't recall if enough of this has happened to consider adding this back in to the mix, but at the very least, we should reinstate this old rule.
    After seeing a few of the most recent abuse threads, I want to put an end to this before it becomes an even bigger problem.
    If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me on the forums or on Steam.

7. 911Trigger
    This message by 911Trigger has been removed from public view. Deleted by 911Trigger, May 9, 2012, Reason: msging peter instead.
    May 9, 2012
  8. Oct 27, 2010
    Everyone needs a reminder of these rules.

Don't post in threads where you have nothing of pressing importance and significance to add.
    Don't post in the thread telling other people what they posted was useless.
    Do not then argue about the uselessness of the useless post that described the other useless post as useless.

9. May 27, 2008
    Obligatory reminder post!

If you haven't already, I believe everyone should take another look at the original post to see when it is and isn't okay to post in an abuse thread.

Thanks for understanding!

If you cannot follow this procedure, you may have your posting rights temporarily suspended.

I just hope you all read this and understand that it will happen on any future instance.
    Peter, Nov 20, 2012 Last edited by Peter, Nov 22, 2012
  10. May 27, 2008
    I think it's an appropriate time to remind everyone how to act when an abuse case comes up.
    Please take time to review the initial post in this thread and determine if you should or should not be involved in posting within them

11. May 27, 2008
    Thanks bud, I was just about to do this. +1 Kudos.
  12. Oct 29, 2010
    I guess it's about that time again, bump!

If you're not already familiar with this opening post, please read it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.