Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Insufficient Evidence Abuse

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by mis bong, Dec 8, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 8, 2012
    Map: Mako
    Situation: I was kicked for "bhopping". I do not believe this was the case. we were on our way down to the reactor and on the pipes there is a slant that allows for an extra push if jumped on. I used this plenty of times on other servers and this was not counted as bhopping. I specifically jumped 2 times with speed and a third jump of course would either slow me down or make me run into a wall. I did not run into a wall so that would be two jumps that have bonus speed. That happens in any server. I am new to this server and map so I did not know how to play. I understand the rules, however i am not a "skilled" player. I was able to get something people keep referring to as "wind materia". I have no idea what that is, but i had a white circle in front of me that round and i did not know how to use. People were yelling at me and criticizing me and i think that enemy below may have used bhopping as an excuse for kicking me.
    Proof: i did not record a demo but i have enemy below admitting i supposedly only jumped 3 times. People also were awiting for me at bottom of reactor and they claimed they just wanted me banned for being a bad player, NOT for bhopping.

Attached Files:

2. Mar 1, 2012
    You bunnyhopped, you got kicked for it. You were there for PLENTY of warnings.

What I find most interesting about this is your massive amount of playtime on mako you claim, but your inability to use wind at all to help the team. Since I can't know whats going on in your mind, you didn't get kicked/punished for it.
  3. Dec 8, 2012
    i have only had 50 hours of playtime according to my steam account. I haven't played that much. To further by point, you openly admitted the MOST INTERESTING point is that i couldn't use wind to help the team. You kicked me in the middle of the fight with bahamut. During that people were screaming at me, but i refused to drop my wind and so you kicked me. If it was truly just for bhopping i would've gotten kicked immediately after, but why did u wait so long to kick? could it have been because you didn't want me to be the owner of "wind?"]

Also, I STILL DON'T BELIEVE I BHOPPED. there was a previous thread about this and how slant ledges give you boosts. That is not bhopping.
  4. Mar 1, 2012
    I don't wanna edit posts here, so I'm going to double post. Sorry.

Contradiction Ahoy.

1 Direct Contradiction

Hrm... You admit to having jumping to maintain a speed that was far in excess of what you would have by walking. Even if your slant part is true, you still hopped to maintain a speed advantage.
    Post Merged, Dec 8, 2012

I waited to kick you because I wanted to make sure no one else would get kicked since it was a manual SM kick.

I've had my say, I'll wait for LSA/Root intervnetion.

(Bleh, double post -.-)
  5. Dec 8, 2012
    Jumping twice in a row up a pipe for example is not bunny hopping, it's simple jumps done one after the other, anyone with basic CS:S skills is capable of doing it. Actuall bhopping should be dealt with if the server disallows it via some kind of anti-bhopping plugin.

Heres a direct quote from tony. Tell me how my situation is ANY different from that. the circumstances are even exactly the same!!! A PIPE!!!!

With 50 hrs of playtime, do you really think i have the skill to bhop? Honestly, it takes 100s of hours of pure practicing to master that. Ive tried bhopping, i can't do it. no matter how hard i try. This slant gives u a natural boost in speed that can be obtained with or without the bhop plugin.
  6. Mar 1, 2012
    Disregard my getting out of this thread.

You didn't jump UP a pipe, you jumped DOWN a pipe. You claim to have gotten a speed advantage. Lets assume this was true. You then jumped over and over (timing it perfectly) while maneuvering to maintain this advantage. It was clearly intentional, and deliberate. It probably didn't help that you were in the back as a straggler with the zombies closing in.

You jumped multiple times to maintain a speed advantage (which I feel you got from a jump in the first place). That isn't allowed. You ended up going far faster than you should have been able to.
  7. Oct 9, 2012
    I was in the server, 2 jumps to gain speed. Who cares he didn't know how to use a materia, everyone needs to learn some how just people like oh snap!! Get butt hurt cause the try hards didn't get one. Sorry mis bong but you were jumping to gain speed which is illegal however I don't feel enemy below kicked you because of not knowing how to use a materia.
  8. Feb 3, 2012
    Bhopping isn't allowed on ZE. You were just simply kicked for doing so.
  9. Sep 25, 2010
  10. Dec 8, 2012
    It is easy for me create one. We both agree that it was the same area, we just have different interpretations as to what bhopping is. Our stories are pretty much exact. I will look for a video on youtube that portrays the situation.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMqgdsg96CA

Start watching at around 3:30. The jump starts at 3:33. Also, this type of jumping was possible WITH the previous anti-bhop plugin. That plug-in made "bhopping" impossible. If the consecutive jumps made during the video were possible with the plugin, then obviously it can't be called bhopping.
    mis bong, Dec 9, 2012 Last edited by mis bong, Dec 9, 2012
  11. Mar 12, 2008

This should not have happened since the anti-bhop plugin was in effect, but it was still a little buggy and admins/donors know better(?) than to bend the rules.

While it did not fully eliminate the speed, you were still able to time jumps to go slightly farther. The people at 3:06 were DEFINETLY bhopping, and that is why the plugin was put into effect in the first place.

EDIT: words
  12. Mar 1, 2012
    I don't have a demo, but apparently Mis Bong doesn't have one either. I'd keep commenting on this thread, but it seems that we're at an impasse. You executed jumps to gain an unfair speed advantage (escaping the zombies), which is what we punish for. I don't know how to say it any clearer.
  13. Oct 9, 2012
    we try to demo for a ban but not all the time on kicks, we give a warning then if we're in spec we sit with our camera on the pipes and for someone to break some rules.
  14. Sep 25, 2010
    I'll lock this since no demos can be provided for us to judge. If you are able to provide a demo pm me and I'll reopen this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.