Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Accessory problems

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Merlin, Oct 20, 2014

1. Oct 10, 2014
    I am currently experiencing issues with both my keyboard and mouse locking up. I have a razer naga mouse and a razer deathstalker keyboard. Both of which are only about a month old. Any suggestions for fixing this problem?
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Razer products are fine lol. GTFO. I run a 2014 Naga and Black Widow Ultimate just fine. Both have not had any issues in the almost year I've had them.

Do you have the Razer software installed? Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the drivers? Or updating the software?
    • Oct 10, 2014
      Ill check to see if the drivers need to be updated, but I'm pretty sure they should all be up to date. Only started happening two days ago
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Their products really are fine. Just over priced as all hell. I got the Black Widow Ultimate 2014 on sale, and i don't regret that purchase. I would have gone with a K95, but this was infinitely cheaper.
    • Oct 10, 2014
      Yeah, I got both mine on sale as well, otherwise I probably would have gone in a different direction
    • Nov 14, 2010
      Go buy a strike 5 keyboard and a rat 7 mouse from madcatz it's what i use and they're both awesome
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Artistic Artistic x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Updated?
        Driver installed when and from where?
        Any BSOD recently? If so, quickly look for CAPITAL messages.
        Does the issue happen on another computer?
        Is this seen immediately after boot up or after a delayed time?

Mandatory part about Trash everything and get urself a K70 Cherry Brown and a Cooler Master Sentinel mouse. You'll feel like you are using an actual product and not a gimmick. you'll feel manlier and wiser.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Aug 2, 2014
          strike 7 is so pointless haha it's like 100$ more and id never use the touchpad i was gonna buy the strike 7 but i knew id never use the touchpad so i just went with the strike 5
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Nov 11, 2011
            I've had the Razer DeathAdder, Razer DeathAdder 2013, Razer Naga, Razer Hex. The original DeathAdder began to double click after two years so I exchanged it with the manufacturer's warranty. Razer has great mice but their QC on their other products is terrible. The products MTBF is quite low so I tend to stay away from Razer's keyboards and headsets.

I've had the issue of the locking up and I can tell you the solution. Make sure your polling rate is set correct and connect the mouse and keyboard in separate USB hubs. It also doesn't hurt to upgrade to the latest firmware, not just the software/drivers.
          • Feb 27, 2012
            I personally wouldn't buy either. Mechanical keyboards are superior.
          • Jul 8, 2012
            Except I've gotten all of my eazer products for $15/each at best buy with their warranty exchange. 2 years 100% store credit. I've not had one issue. When I did I contacted Razer support and had a new one right away. They are expensive, but I've gotten $500 of gear for under $75. Not just Razer, but mainly.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
            • Like Like x 1
            • Aug 2, 2014
              Yeah a lot of people hate it because it's not mechanical which is really the only issue but it's fine with me i like a keyboard that isn't loud as hell when you type lol
            • Feb 27, 2012
              CLICK CLICK CLICK. Loud keyboards are the best :frown:
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Jul 8, 2012
              • Oct 10, 2014
                i think the problem might have been solved. there was an update that had finished downloading, but required a restart after installation. Post restart I have yet to see the problem re-occur.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Jul 8, 2012
                  Holy shit I possibly solved an issue for once. That's a first.
                  • Funny Funny x 2