Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Implemented Add a bet system to Minigames

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Anathema, Sep 24, 2014

1. Feb 18, 2011
    So, I'm sure everyone has been in this situation on Minigames where you get killed a lot on a map and you run out of cash. Being able to place bets on teams not only serves as a solution, but adds a fun edge to mods like minigames overall. The mod is pretty much harmless because it doesn't affect people who don't want to bet. But enough about what I think, what about you guys?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
      Anathema, Sep 24, 2014 Last edited by Anathema, Sep 24, 2014
    • Jun 10, 2011
      But can't you just move to spec and back to get full cash again?
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        I play on different MG time to time and betting is always fun. I'm down for this. :party:
      • Sep 25, 2010

This sounds like a fun thing to have but isn't a solution; you could bet and lose your money, then you would need to rejoin a team as nez suggested which would defeat its purpose as a solution. A solution would be to reset cash to 16k every round.
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          Detonator, Sep 24, 2014 Last edited by Detonator, Sep 24, 2014
        • Feb 18, 2011
          Don't bet on the wrong team=profit? Also, there's nothing wrong with having more than one solution to an issue.

But I digress, whether it's a solution or not, it's still fun to have.
        • Oct 13, 2011
          We only play smee and nipper house where you use money to buy guns. Just add a market system that gives credits every time you win a bet.

Then what are you gonna use your credits for ? Skins, hats, tails ? Please don't add any market bullshit to mg.
        • Apr 28, 2013
        • Feb 18, 2011
          And those maps are some of the most played maps in the server. In regards to your market system comment, what?
        • Oct 13, 2011
          Betting for cash doesn't makes any sense because:

The only way to make this happen is adding a market system or store (whatever you call it), where players can bet for market credits then use their credits for something. Have you ever been to any other mg servers where players get credits/points for betting and rank ? They have store where you can use your credits to get hats, tails, skins, and fancy stuff.

I like mg because it doesn't have any tails, hats or whatever they have in store bullshit.

If you add this betting thingy, please make it only for fun.
        • Feb 18, 2011
          Whoa there, I'm not suggesting a market system.
          This plugin may or may not be outdated but it still shows what I'm trying to suggest here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=763549
        • Jan 11, 2011
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            I've been wanting a betting system on MG for a while now, joining spec to get cash back is laaaaame.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 12, 2014
              If I'm doing so badly that I run out of cash, chances are I've already rage quit. :smile:
              • Funny Funny x 3
              • Mar 12, 2008
                Instead of !bet we could totally use actual mini games on the server instead of course maps/multigames
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  I understand Brian hates coursemaps which is why we haven't had any recent additions. But we have a lot of multigame maps and alot of just regular shoot out maps that most people don't like (except for nipperhouse). Can you clarify what types of minigames maps you're referring to? I'm a little out of touch.
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  I think the main reason people don't like them is because we don't have a !checkpoint system. I could be wrong though. I just know Course servers like to use those systems.
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Mar 8, 2013
                    I'd play mg a lot more if we had course maps.
                  • Mar 12, 2008

minigames is such an umbrella term, but back then it was singular themed maps and the RTV timers/map timers were really short so you wouldn't be on one map for more than 20 minutes. Multigames sort of combines it, but in the wrong way that it doesn't limit what maps get played and usually everyone gets bored really quickly when people pick the same minigame over and over, or they usually require skill or luck, like the slide awps/shotgun maps or "cut the fruit". It's sort of hard to please everyone but something new needs to be done because I feel the current server rotation is super stale, and I don't think i'm alone on this.
                    • Agree Agree x 2
                    • Jan 21, 2011
                      • Agree Agree x 2
                      • Oct 29, 2010