Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Add Brazil to voice whitelist

Discussion in Help Desk started by KillerMp3, Aug 15, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 18, 2014
    I hope that my country can be add to the whitelist ;-;
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    I'm not sure if enough of Brazil speaks English to justify it going on the whitelist.

In lieu of that, here's two months of donor so you won't be auto muted. Once that expires, you're on your own!
    • Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Apr 18, 2014
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Since you now have Donator thanks to the wonderful Momo, be sure to check out our Donator Wiki page for information on what commands and features are now available to you! http://plaguefest.com/wiki/donator-faq-s/
        • Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Apr 18, 2014
          Hi, i think its time to bump this, i wonder if this can be reevaluated? I have seen more than 10 brazilians ingame along this almost 2 years that i have been here, in fact i actually made a friendship over it. So.. Can you?
        • Feb 21, 2007
          i don't have an issue with this, since a fast and furious movie took place in your country. I don't know how other @Lead Server Admin or @Management feel :razz:
          • Like Like x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Mar 26, 2012
            http://stats.plaguefest.com/players/css2/?type=countryinfo&valuecountry=br

It looks like a lot of them don't speak English looking at their chats. If we English only on the mic, how can we expect that these players will not use their mic if they don't know English?

I haven't had a lot of Brazilian players ask me to unmute them. I don't think it is a problem leaving it the way it is.
          • Nov 29, 2012
            • Apr 9, 2007
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Both? I could take a look at it when I get home.
            • Mar 10, 2014
              • Apr 18, 2014
                Bumping, no conclusion. I think Rayne is right.
              • Mar 26, 2012
                I don't remember what I did a month ago, but I think I looked at it by rank. I went through the list again, but by activity instead of rank. A lot of the more recent players that have joined have spoken at least some English. The chat has updated and I didn't really document what I saw so I don't know if I was right or if Rayne was right. If you look at the link examples Rayne gave, a handful of them say "No entries found" now. What we are seeing now is probably different from what we saw a month ago.

English 22 - Said even one or two words in English (eg "hi all"). May have spoken Portuguese too, but at least said one word in English.
                Nothing 33 - "No entries found" or typed a bunch of commands only (eg !ztele).
                Portuguese 3 - Spoke Portuguese, did not say a single word in English.

http://stats.plaguefest.com/players...ountryinfo&valuecountry=br#player_rankings_wr

I guess reviewing it again, I am not totally against it.
              • Sep 8, 2015
                Hello, ladies and gentlemen (and else). I sincerely hope you get this horrific mute curse from our poor non-troll Brazillian heads.
                as this is my first forum post, imma throw a shoutout to my fellow friends and buddies and mates and bruhs I made in these few months at plaguefest
                peace
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Nov 13, 2014
                  I think looking into this option would be an good idea, I try not to take sides in general but I also don't like to see a fellow gamer struggle. If I could help in anyway, I'd like to help the cause.
                • Apr 18, 2014
                • Oct 24, 2013
                • Feb 8, 2013
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Aug 2, 2014
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    Thread Status:
                    Not open for further replies.