Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Add de_dust2 to the map list!

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Danxity, Jan 6, 2017

1. Mar 11, 2016
    Hi pF. Is it possible for you guys to consider adding in de_dust2 to the map list? This map is quite fun. There's action every second on this map. It gets kind of stupid when almost all the maps on the server have at least 1 or 2 OP spots for humans. This map is fun for both CT and zombies IMO.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    Not likely to happen, stock maps make for fun events, but I think most feel they would lose that excitement if played multiple times a day; there are a number of players that already throw fits the few times we do play them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 11, 2016
      Before I made this post. I already knew this would be the main issue. Peoples just tend to be negative about even about little things that they don't like. I just thought it would of been a really fun map to have on once in a while as this map keeps everyone on it's feet every second, which makes it very exciting. Oh well. At least I tried.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I totally agree, it's a blast to play, but probably would be too much of a good thing if it were to be on rotation.
    • Aug 8, 2010
      What if...decompile...make it zm-like? No OP spots though to keep it original. Just add some furniture and maybe some hard to make cades.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Programming King Programming King x 1
      • Oct 13, 2011
        I was actually making it zm-like 2 years ago, never finished it tho. If I can find map file i'll up it here in case anyone wants to continue.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Programming King Programming King x 1
        • Apr 26, 2015
          This is a bad argument though. Whenever we go to these maps someone makes a vote "dust_2?" and we go because a majority voted yes. Then they can RTV if they dislike it so much. Its like any other map they think sucks. Throw in your opinion and vote for a different map and rtv. We play the same maps all the fucking time, I don't see why select few players need to bitch about a random event.
        • Jul 13, 2011
          We played dedust2 last night, run run run run run run run run run run run get back stabbed.
        • Nov 20, 2013
          I am agree, but those maps like office dust and italy are better when the server has 40 - 50 players, with 10 - 20 players could get bored quickly
        • Jan 21, 2011
          Stock maps worked way better on ZE because of noblock
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Time could be better spent making something original, perhaps themed around the original dust2. It has been done before, just search gamebanana. Plus the original maps aren't very well built, and were designed for deathmatch, not zombiemod. Youll be spending too much time fixing things than actually adding things.
        • Mar 26, 2012
          I wouldn't mind seeing it on the map list. I think it would be just like any other map that isn't popular or hit/miss with people. People can RTV or wait for the next map. Of course, the system we have right now with admins just being able to change it seems to work and makes the map much more appreciated when it is on.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 26, 2015
              megabox isn't really a zm map but look how fun that is.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Oct 29, 2010
                Also not on rotation for the same reasons. >.>
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Apr 26, 2015
                  I know this. But I'm saying that basing the answer that there is a group of people that don't enjoy the random maps on the decision doesn't make sense. It's the group of people that like playing the same 6 maps and don't like anything different. Pretty much people who don't like surf n cade because "mah zm, if I wanted to surf I'd go surf". My whole point revolves around the people who throw fits: they can vote no, rtv, or go play another server and let the people who voted yes and didn't rtv play. I'm also not suggesting adding dust to the rotation.

If theres a vote and 80% vote yes to play dust, boo hoo to the complainers in the 20% that we're not going to play firewall.
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  People have some level of expectation when joining a ZM server that it's going to be playing ZM maps. It's easy to say "go play another server" but surely you understand that we don't want them to do that. I feel like it's much better to meet 100% of players expectations rather than slightly exceeding 80% while pissing off the other 20% and possibly making them leave.
                  If I did a vote for a stock map and it came up 80/20, I'd be somewhat hesitant to change it. I always made sure it wasn't just a majority, but as near unanimous as possible, more than a few no's (varying with population ofc) and I'd probably hold off and do another vote later.
                • Sep 16, 2016
                  This would make the server at little more interesting for sure. Would definitely help repopulating server when dead at times. Maybe two or 3 stock maps we can try for a week or two?
                • Sep 24, 2012
                  It'd be neat to see a dust2 edit that incorporated zm elements. Enterable apartments, shops. Change the atmosphere to a night-time setting with good lighting around the map.
                • Dec 30, 2007
                  DE_AZTEC please! More stock maps are great for zombies. Regular maps are made for human (CT). Stock maps provide more fun when zombified