Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Add map buttons to AntiGrief

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by RedM00N, Feb 20, 2014

1. Jan 30, 2013
    Meant to make this the other day, but you know, procrastination.

As the title says, some maps have spammable/Greifable buttons, which I think should be tracked by AntiGrief.

Off the top of my head, ze_random with its Deathrun buttons(ruining the point of the mode, even tho we end up going from 55 to 5 even with spammed buttons), and Nostromo with its Airlock cycle button(which ends up ruining the map), and has made people begun to hate it. Its also hard for admins/players to know who pressed them as there is generally too many players near the buttons to know who pressed them(unless its blatantly obvious).

I assume this wouldn't be too much of a hassle to add, seeing as its like 2-3 maps/a few buttons, and for any future maps that incorporate buttons that can be griefed.

Danke
    • Like Like x 2
    • Jan 21, 2011

Idk how anti-grief works, but this may not be feasible.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      There's been other threads regarding an Anti-Grief but none I think regarding to buttons specifically. This would be a good idea would stop me from having to just sit there in spectate hovering over the button in nostromo. I can see random getting tough at times because there would be so many zombies pressing the buttons all at once, unless we just punish them all xD but uhh nostromo wouldn't be too bad since the airlock button is the only button near there.
      @RedM00N Have you thought of any other maps in the 17 mins since posting this? Now you got me thinking..
    • Apr 3, 2013
      Minas tirith
      Mountain Escape
      Paranoid
      Fapescape
      Minecraft Adventure
      Mines of Moria
      Paramina Rift
      Any other map that uses an item/wep0n
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Yea but all those are related to items. I meant one's that you can only grief only with buttons
    • Mar 30, 2013
      You may don't know, but zuff worked on EntWatch, to make it like AntiGrief. For the moment the new version of the plugin is only on GFL, but he will post soon on AlliedModders the plugin.

So... Wait for Entwatch v2.# ?
    • Oct 18, 2012
      It'd be nice to have anti grief for skins on maps like westersand or isengard. It'll be easier to tell who griefs with the item too.
    • Apr 28, 2013
      What about enviolinador's maps? His maps don't even have antigrief when it's actually needed (especially on paper where people can spam the raivb prototype but weaponspammers will become slowed). But on his maps in general, we need antigrief to see who has the critical items or not. Once again, I am the only one has to mention his maps.
    • Oct 18, 2012
      [IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Apr 28, 2013
        Well excuuuuuse me. I am trying to help here by adding some antigrief to a map that doesn't even support it.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 18, 2012
          Yeah I was giving examples but your criticism got in my way.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 28, 2013
            Yeah. It's that ppl don't even mention envi's maps as much. There is however a plugin to see which person presses a button and that is actually useful on paperescaper (to see who weaponspamed). And about entwatch, it actually is a better version of antigrief as it actually prevents weaponspaming on predator but idk if it prevents it on paperescaper (especially if there are powerups on that map that "stick" to the user).

Well as for skins, Antigrief actually tells who picked up a skin but sometimes doesn't work. If you are talking about who uses the ability, then idk. Also, antigrief for skins works on skyrim as well but not isengard. There was a version of antigrief where I can see who picks up what item in minas and which person uses the skins secondary ability but not for the daedra nuke (X has used the Healmage's Healing ability, X has used the Dovahkiin Shout, and X has used the Archmage's Fire Ability was what I read on antigrief but that was on an older version of skyrim).
            Hydreigon, Feb 20, 2014 Last edited by Hydreigon, Feb 20, 2014
          • Aug 13, 2013
            EntWatch won't get added, Kyle's said why. They prefer to have a plugin that doesn't work half the time but has pretty and clean code.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Oct 18, 2012
              Do you know how many other mappers there is that don't even get credit? Tons.
            • Jan 21, 2011
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
              • May 27, 2012
                Seeing as it is being completely recoded though, maybe it has fixed the issues he had with it. I don't know, we will see in a week or so, or whenever I get around to finishing the configs.
              • Apr 28, 2013
                The only determinant would be if v2 is released and actually works as I would like to see weapon spamming gone on some maps like predator or paper (and possibly a form of antigrief for envi's maps) one day. Unless Enviolinador sees this and is going to say that he doesn't want his maps to have some antigrief system no matter what when they should be needed because the powerups on his maps are actually more critical than on maps like mako.
              • May 31, 2012
                The only map I have seen this as a genuine problem is ze_trainescape, but it is no longer in rotation.

The problem with ze_random may not necessarily be spamming, just noobs on. Players shouldn't be punished just for being a noob; also, it would be easy for the players to argue it as a tactical move since most of the CTs end up dying at that part anyways.

If setting up an update like this isn't difficult it might be fun to see who gets to buttons first etc. but if it is challenging then I would steer away from this suggestion real quick. Not a terrible idea but the benefits/output of this idea isn't great.
              • Jun 11, 2012
                This is needed but hard to even visualize, there has to be a watch on anybody pressing that button (first toucher to the button). I don't think it can even be enforced unless you have a server population of like 10 people and a admin in spec. We've had this issue (and still do) while I was admin and I was the mindset that we can't come to a conclusion because of how at least +3 people would be at a button when it is being spammed and you can't reached a decision with that knowledge.

It's hard to thing (and of course that's debatable) to add to the Antigrief rule since it's extremely hard to even enforce it. Admins would need some sort of tool to reach that conclusion, without it, I would question their decision regarding that.