Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Add/remove program on Window xp Black Color

Discussion in Technical Support started by SkyCloud, Dec 5, 2011

1. Mar 26, 2011
    I have no Idea whats going on with Add/remove program its black screen vertical lines I did the sfc/scannow and nothing happens.

Here is the pictures

BTW I did not take that Picture I just found it online for example.

Attached Files:

2. Mar 26, 2011
    Sigh I need a computer tech.
  3. Mar 20, 2011

If you have "EAcom updater" installed remove it and the problem should go away.
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    I didn't take that picture that Picture is for example lol.

And no I don't have EAcom updater.
  5. Mar 20, 2011

Um well do you have EAcom updater on your system or what?
  6. Mar 26, 2011
    No sir.
  7. Mar 20, 2011
    You have some offending program that is jacking it up. You can try the following

To resolve this problem, locate the Mshtml.dll file, and then verify that it is the correct version, date, and size. Additionally, verify that its permissions have not been changed. To do so:

Verify that permissions of the Mshtml.dll file match the permissions that are described in the following table:
    Group Permissions
    Administrators Full Control
    Authenticated Users Read and Execute, Read
    Server Operators Modify, Read and Execute, Read, and Write
    Everyone Read and Execute, Read
    System Full Control

Verify that this file is the only copy of the Mshtml.dll file on the computer (not including the DLLCache copy).
    If the Mshtml.dll file has the correct version, date, size, and permissions, type the following commands at a command prompt, and then press ENTER after each command:
    regsvr32 /u c:\winnt\system32\appwiz.cpl
    regsvr32 /u c:\winnt\system32\mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\common files\system\ole db\oledb32.dll" (including the quotation marks)
    regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\appwiz.cpl
    regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\system\ole db\oledb32.dll" (including the quotation marks)
    If the behavior continues to occur, repair or reinstall the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. For additional information about how to repair or reinstall the latest version of Internet Explorer.

Not sure how well you are with your system registry editing so always back it up before you delete any keys. You can use the following program to see if you can find the offending program which is either currpted from a bad install or uninstall.

If you want to be l33t go into your registry here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall

Back it up first and then compare the entries there to what you see is in your add remove programs directory. Delete the items that you do not see in add remove programs and reboot. You should be good to go.
  8. Mar 26, 2011
    You update every time I type lol.
  9. Mar 20, 2011

You will need to reboot after you make any changes. If you want you can do a remote assistance connection and I will look at it for you
  10. Feb 21, 2007
    why dont u take a pic of ur actual screen so we know exactly what ur dealing with. use print screen and ms paint
  11. Mar 26, 2011
    Okay ill found the program of it.
  12. Mar 20, 2011

Msg me on steam, click on my name on the left side

13. Mar 26, 2011
    Unblock me!!!
  14. Feb 18, 2011
  15. Mar 20, 2011
  16. Feb 18, 2011
    Look in program files and you can find the name :razz: You can also just run the uninstaller in there if you want too lol.
  17. Mar 20, 2011
    Yeah, tru that! But it may not even be in there, the folder of the program could be removed so it is just an orphaned registry file.
  18. Feb 18, 2011
  19. Mar 20, 2011