Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Add Taiwan to PF White list?

Discussion in Help Desk started by Tokemon, Mar 5, 2014

1. Mar 4, 2014

I had a chance to go through what Sabisu posted about Taiwan been in the blacklist/white list that's causing voice chat problem to players from Taiwan. So, I am wondering if you can consider adding Taiwan back to the white list to avoid the hassles of looking for an admin to mute and unmute in game.

I've been playing on PF Zom Unlimited ammo for sometime already and I am from Taiwan as well.
    Just like Drunk Cat, i am the type of player that likes to use chat more than mic.
    But, it'll be nice if i don't have to ask admin to mute/unmute me just because i wanted to warn someone of danger with mic when i wanted to.

I understand that some admins are afraid that we'll mic spam in Chinese, but, for all the Taiwanese players that i know, it had never happened before (Sabisu and his friend Castle-Five never broke this rule even though they are friends in real life). The only incident that I encountered in game for mic spamming in Chinese actually came from Chinese players from the States. I think Aprz was there that day to warn and kick them or maybe Ghosted is the one. So, i think it's safe to say that the Taiwanese players actually follows most of the rules and we do respect admins.

As for Sabisu, I believe some admins feel he's abusive and he actually gets on people's nerve sometimes.
    I have to agree with that, but, I believe he meant no harm to anyone. For players that had a chance to play with him, you can tell this kid (Sabisu) is really enjoying the game! I am not sure if other players feel the same, but, he actually made the game more enjoyable for me as well because he's not afraid to speak in English even when his accent sounds funny and how he's trying to figure out the correct way to translate his thoughts from Chinese to English . (I think his accent sounds like Chow from the movie "hangover") Hence, if possible, please give him another chance to enjoy the game freely. (without looking for admins with every map rotation)

Thanks!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Apr 1, 2012
      at least you are quite civilized, also I welcome you to the pF forums. stay away from Kloud and Benderius.

OT:
      quoting Kyle.
      we are working on it, expect it soonTM
      • Like Like x 2
      • Oct 13, 2011
        I kept my word and gifted him donator already. He should be able to talk now. I'm not sure about you guys.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Mar 4, 2014
          iProbie, nah, i am not that civilized. XD

I think the problem with Sabisu is that he's still learning the language and he didn't realize the way he wrote to others could cause misunderstandings.
          So, I think if possible, we should teach him the correct way to use the language (English) and not think he's offensive or some sort like that.

Just to clarify, I am not favoring Sabisu and creating excuses to forgive him because i am Taiwanese as well.
          I actually lived a big part of my life in Canada and I just happen to be back in Taiwan for family/work right now.
          Post Merged, Mar 5, 2014
          Drunk, whats up?

Aprz actually gave me donator as well! I wanted him to keep his money as he over paid for his admin.
          But, he decided to just give me the donator for two month! So, Thanks Aprz!!!! (Now give me admin power!! Slap me to the sky!! XD)
          I just didn't have a chance to use it yet cause i am super busy with work today and tomorrow. (I know i know...i am slacking right now, but, at least i am not in game).
        • Jun 11, 2012

Not really an efficient or mature post Hydreigon (I understand you're point of view but still), this a bit more serious nature then it looks from top down. The previous thread derailed like crazy and another user wants to have said country put up for consideration for potential whitelisting (the more people ask, the better they can get acknowledged).
          • Like Like x 2
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Apr 28, 2013
            I have never met Sabisu or any ppl from Taiwan because I mostly play on ze instead of zm at the time Saibsu has asked for a mute and unmute just to use voicechat in game. We can always experiment by whitelisting Taiwan just to see if everything goes okay not that I play on zm and won't be here at that time. I can probably assume that Tokemon knows Saibsu because both are Taiwanese.
          • Oct 13, 2011
            Here is the other thread. I don't know what to say. Seriously.

First of all, whenever I played with him, he never broke any rule. Didn't mic spam, didn't chat spam. He asked once if I could mute/unmute him, after that I unmuted him everytime I saw him. Well it takes 5 seconds for me to do it, not sure about others. As I said before, some players like chat others use their mics. I did everything I could to help him out. I don't know anything about Chinese but let me tell you that, I can speak 3 languages fluently, and translation mistakes happen when you're new to a language. Also, I kinda overreacted in old thread (5th post). I gifted him donator because I wanted him to enjoy the game instead of struggling to get unmuted. I stated this many times, I don't like the rank system, and I don't have any problems with you if you're ranking up by disconnecting as long as you don't break any rules. He might want to do that I don't mind.

Anyways. I like him, he makes me laugh sometimes. If his donator status is going to whitelist whole taiwan, I'll keep gifting him until management fixes the problem. Uhh also, I don't want to overstep your decisions about this whitelist or whatever it is. If your decision is negative after all, I'll just step down.
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Jan 25, 2014
              From playing with tokemon quite a bit he is a very civilized person. Don't let one player ruin it for all. and if issues should come up admins have the ability to mute people.
              I know I am new to this topic but I think we could be hindering the play of some players.
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Mar 4, 2014

I understand people could think I am helping Sabisu because we are both Taiwanese and we might know each other in real life.
                But, as mentioned in my previous post, I actually spend most of my life in Canada and am just back here due to family/work.
                So, I don't know him personally except he's one of the players that actually made the game fun for me.
                Hence, after reading through his previous post, I decided to post this thread as Kyle mentioned that he'll consider if more people start asking about it.
                Also, I am just helping this kid out as I can tell he love/enjoy the game and the PF ZM server after his school.
                I think its one of the good way for him to know meet friends from other countries as well!
                • Informative Informative x 2
                • Apr 28, 2013
                  Canada is a veeeery cold place indeed. Now I'm wondering what you do in Canada and if you enjoy life better in Canada or Taiwan better. I know a few ppl from Canada.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 31, 2012
                    I have also played with Tokemon and can also vouch/attest for good behavior.
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Mar 4, 2014

I think both places have its pros and cons. Living standard and environment is definitely a big plus for Canada!
                      But, Taiwan is super convenient, great night life and great food!
                      When I first got back, I wanted to get the hell outta here, but, after all these years, I think I would stay here for now and just move back to Canada when I retire or something! XD

Joshy and Teemo,

Thanks for the kind words! XD
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Aug 12, 2012
                        nice taking the initiative to go on the forums and posting a thread to whitelist your conuntry plus having few members supporting you, looks good now just wait and see if management decide to whitelist Tawian now.
                        • Like Like x 1