Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Additional Help For New Mappers!

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by masterchodda, Feb 26, 2012

1. Aug 8, 2010
    I have been seeing so many new mappers lately. This is a wonderful turn of events as in the past we have been few and far between. Mapping can be a daunting task to say the least. The largest issue I see people running into is help. The internet just does not have as many NOOB friendly tutorials as we would like. Therefore, in my quest for mapping knowledge I came across a few things I would like to share with all the NEW aspiring mappers.

Firstly, here is a link of video tutorials compiled on wiki.
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Level_Design_Video_Tutorials

Secondly, I would like to point out that Help in Hammer at the top will bring you to Wiki pages designed for Hammer tutorials as well.

Third would be www.gamebanana.com which has many tutorials that are sometimes pretty good. I have however run into some issues with language barrier and the like.

Finally, the last resource - not the least - is Kaemon's Blog with Hannibal. Here are a couple individuals who know their stuff. They have helped me in the past with some seemingly complicated things. They have a Forum dedicated to answering mapping questions. They are not affiliated with any clans or groups, they are just some good people trying to help. Post your questions on their forum and they will respond withing a few days. The best part of their blog/forum is that you do not need to register to post :grin: Kinda odd but I did read that there.
    http://z15.invisionfree.com/Kaemon/index.php?act=SC&c=2

You can also ask me for any advice or mapping questions but please, only after you have exhausted the above resources.
    Add masterchodda on steam: SlikDizzik
    MC
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 15, 2011
    • Feb 5, 2012
    • Aug 8, 2010
    • Feb 24, 2011
      If you ever need help within more advanced issues such as troubleshooting (things such as compile errors, crashes, etc), system creation/fixing, entity issues or optimizing. Feel free to add/contact me on steam: per_r94
      I'd be glad to help making you all into better and more awesome mappers who'll keep CSS alive!