Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Admin Abuse CHiChaRit0 N33d B€€R

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Dotty..., May 7, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 7, 2012
    Hey y'all... So most of you might know me if you play in the regular PlagueFest Zombiemod server. So far I think pretty much every admin that comes in there does a pretty good job other than certain occasions. :wink: *Cough sajak Cough* Hahaha jk... Anyways to get to my point I joined the server today and there was a newer map I haven't played on before and was in an illegal spot... Usually most experienced admins would give you a warning that round for everybody and then next round everybody should know not to go there. So back to my complaint, CHiChaRit0 N33d B€€R very rudely and unadmin like told me to get down from that spot making threats, cursing and everything else in the book to get me down from the spot that I had no problem getting down if it was illegal... So when I jumped down he then tagged me and made me zombie laughing afterwards and poking fun. Normally I don't mind being the butt of a joke but being that he was trying to inforce the admin rules I believe he should have been mature about it and gave me a chance to go somewhere else being that I came down as soon as he started his rampage. We are all here for fun. :smile:
  2. May 27, 2008
    Thanks for letting us know you had an issue with one of our admins. From your story, he probably shouldn't have cursed, made any threats, or act incredibly ill-mattered after you being tagged. For the most part you're right, if he's enforcing server rules, he needs to do so maturely. In the future, if you have more issues like this, I encourage you to grab screenshots in game or record a demo, to help support your claim.

I'd like it if @CHiChaRit0 N33d B€€R would reply as soon as possible, so we will be able to resolve this as quickly as possible.
  3. May 4, 2012
    I don't know where you get all of that from.
    But i have Harvey and .adinsx to back me up since they were on the server at the time.

I kindly asked you to get down, you didnt respond first time, so i tried to slap you, after that you jump down.. i wait 5-10 sec to give you atleast an advantage before i started going after you.
    Then you says that im abuseing admin because i from your point of view killed you like right after?
    Anyways, it is your fault that you don't check illegal spots, i gave you two warnings and an advantage.
    I don't really know what else to say.

EDIT:
    Btw, As I remember it was you who started swearing at me.

EDIT 2:
    I also remember being told by a number of players, that i should kick you for your insults.
    CHiChaRit0 N33d B€€R, May 7, 2012 Last edited by CHiChaRit0 N33d B€€R, May 7, 2012
  4. May 27, 2008
    Instances like this is why we cannot rely on hearsay. We require screenshots or demos so we'll be able to know for sure who did/said what.

@Harvey, @adinsx? Your input would be much appreciated.
  5. May 7, 2012
    Thanks Error. I would have gotten a demo but it all happened so fast, but I'll keep that in mind for next time. You need to get your stories straight CHiChaRit0 because for one, I don't curse at anybody... and two, that was most certainly not "kindly"... You didn't wait and Harvey was afk in spectator all morning, but even if he did see it I'm sure he would have handled it way differently as an experienced admin. As for .adinsx, he did it maturely and the way it was suppose to be done and gave me a warning... I'm not here to argue with you CHiChaRit0... I'm just making sure this is on record and discussed so that this doesn't happen to another fellow zombiemoder...
  6. May 4, 2012
    The thing is that after the event, i was talking to both of them in admin chat, about how it should be handled.
    Im not here to discuss either, however i don't like being accused of abuseing admin powers, just because i'm doing my job.
  7. That Guy
    This message by That Guy has been removed from public view. Deleted by That Guy, May 7, 2012, Reason: Going to mind my business.
    May 7, 2012
  8. May 27, 2008
    Treat the players with respect with a professional attitude in a polite tone.
    Always show respect towards everyone, regardless of the situation.
  9. May 7, 2012
    I'd have to disagree "That Guy"... I believe he used his admin powers to get me to do what he wanted me to do and get me down from where I was or I would have been kicked/banned, etc., which is why it's in this thread. As to the respect, yes I feel like you need to have respect for all the players that come to that server because you as admins are the ones represented PlagueFest, why not represent it in a more positive way? As to liking everybody? No, you don't need to like everybody or even be happy as you were saying... But don't push people around for your own amusement just because you can and have the power too, which is exactly what CHichaRit0 did.
  10. May 4, 2012
    Dotty... you say you don't wanna discuss it. However that is exactly what you are doing now..
  11. May 7, 2012
    *Facepalm* :razzdrunk: Discuss? Yes... Argue? No...
  12. Sep 7, 2010
    Hey... I honestly don't remember him cussing at you or anything of the sort, and seeing as he doesn't use his mic; anything he said would be reflected in the logs. I do remember you telling me that you were just "exploring" when I asked you to get down, then basically ignored me. Dotty idk when you joined but we had been asking people to get down from that damned ledge nearly every round so I am a little bit confused when you say you had no idea an obvious ledge spot is illegal( i mean come on.. this ledge is about 80 feet in the air, 1 foot wide and 50 feet long). All that being said, I would also like to point out that he did not ask you to go to that spot. He did not have you follow him and then jump down, get turned and commence ordering you to jump down into his arms. You made the choice to go there; and while him killing you is in my opinion poor sportsmanship - he did nothing wrong. Next time you are new to a map type !illegal and review the spots that are off limits.
  13. Jun 17, 2011
    How about you guys just wait until Harvey & Adinsx say something. hmmm? kay? That sounds good right? GOOD! Let's wait for them then.
    For the meantime time this event happened and server would be nice =)
  14. May 4, 2012
    You are contantly trying to reopen the arguement.
    Thats how i see it.
  15. Apr 4, 2009
    Logs don't show much for this issue no text warnings or anything said between the two.

Please make sure all admin warnings are done in chat so we have something to fall back on when needed.
  16. Nov 11, 2011

Anyways, guys. Every admin who plays on ZM is aware that I am really courteous when giving out warnings. I first give an official admin chat warning, then I make the person aware over the mic that I've given them a warning (in case they didn't glance at the chat box). There is no reason to be rude to someone that might not be aware they are in an illegal spot. We have people who are new or sometimes just ignorant, so show them the respect that you would want in return. We have escalation procedures, follow them and you'll be fine. If you start becoming angry or overly obsessed with a person in an illegal spot, you're going to end up making a mistake that'll come back to haunt you.

EDIT: Dotty, you do tend to argue way too much to try to defend yourself when you are clearly in the wrong (this is from first-hand experience). Let admins do their job, if you feel they are abusing their powers, you are welcome to post here with demos and screenshots. I always record when I first join the server, it makes debating less of an issue.
  17. Sep 7, 2010
    Sajak why did you post this? seriously. This has nothing to do with you; yet I am able to somehow count 5 "I's" just by skimming. //btw just because you "fix" a map doesn't mean you can throw your name on the end of it. It is not your map. Seriously pisses me off every time I see it.

Exactly haps
    adinsx, May 7, 2012 Last edited by adinsx, May 7, 2012
  18. Dec 7, 2010
    Unfortunately I arrived on the server in the middle of the situation so I do not necessarily have the entire story. All I really saw was CHiChaRit0 scolding Dotty for not following his instructions. Our jobs as admins is to enforce the rules to insure the servers are running as smoothly as possible. If there are players not following the rules, we have escalation procedures in place to to punish those problem individuals. We however should not be yelling at players out of frustration for not following pF's rules. One thing I can recommend is we as admins need to keep cooler heads and know that we have escalation procedures in place to address those issues/circumstances when they arise.
  19. Oct 17, 2011
    I am completely serious that I do not trust dotty. In the past months, I have muted you multiple times for being a little baby on the mic and making noises.Also, I had warned you multiple times to type illegal and see the illegal spots which you never used to listen to. I think all these stuff that you mostly said are a joke to make a proof that you are the right person here. I mostly know all of the past players that I have played with and mostly you. You do not curse or do something bad but you also rarely listen to admins when they try to warn you.
  20. adinsx
    This message by adinsx has been removed from public view. Deleted by adinsx, May 7, 2012, Reason: It was more of a comment to mario and right after i posted it i realised it was not fit for this for.
    May 7, 2012
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    First point, I am giving him the idea on how I handle a situation and what he can do to make it easier on himself and the player in question. Second point, I was mentioned by the original poster which is the reason why I joined in. Third point, the maps I edit are to benefit the players and the admins. Because the maps are the property of the original creators and are under a legally upheld license, I must attribute the work to the original author as well as include the name of the person that modified the work (in this case, me). I have express written permission from the authors to modify their work to suit PlagueFest's needs. If I do not include the aforementioned credits, then we are liable to receive a cease-and-desist notice or worse. Fourth point, if you have a real beef with me, feel free to add me on Steam or private message me here and we can attempt to settle on our differences.

Now back to the topic at hand... As Harvey stated, the escalation procedures are there for a reason and when I was going through a situation on the server, I always referred back to them. As a matter of fact, I have them bookmarked for quick access and you should too. If you still can't figure it out, message another admin or LSA and they will give you the proper procedure.

I can vouch for you on that Mario, my testimony and several demos that clarify Dotty's behavior on the servers. That is all I will input into this thread. Enough said.
  22. Apr 4, 2009

Please bring proof if you think you are treated unfairly or abused.

Chicharito please warn in global admin chat so there is proof of what happend and treat players with respect.

Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.