Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Admin abuse Nawin

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by JediMindTricks, Oct 1, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 30, 2011
    Came into the server and said at loud white power once. 5 minutes later while I was away from my computer I got banned How in the earth do I get banned 4 hours for saying that statement once. No warnings nothing at all.

6. Do not use any discriminatory speech.
    This includes but is not limited to racism, sexism, hate speech, or any form of harmful speech used only to offend someone.
    Punishment: Warn -> Kick -> Permanent Ban
    Note: Punishment may escalate to an immediate permanent ban depending on the severity of the offense.

My link
    My link
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    Considering you've been here for more than a couple months and are an ex-admin, you should know better. I don't think you needed a warning in this case. Not to mention, you were with sinister yesterday stirring up trouble.
  3. Sep 30, 2011
    I said white power once and that statement by no means at all grants a 4 hour ban. Does not matter if the player is an admin or not every player should be treated the same way according to the rules. Me stirring up trouble with sinister? I'm not in control of what anybody chooses to say in the server. Why would you even bring up something I was not even involved in thats irrelevant.

When filing a 'player abuse' or 'admin abuse' complaint, please include
    1) The name(s) and/or steam ID(s) of the offender(s)
    2) A brief description of the incident
    3) ALL claims of hacking or admin abuse MUST include some form of proof. ALL UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS WILL BE LOCKED OR DELETED IMMEDIATELY.

When admin abuse is reported, only posts from the reporting player (if appropriate), accused admin, and any eyewitnesses will be allowed. All other posts will be deleted immediately and warning status will be raised. (Warning status can result in forum suspension)
  4. May 6, 2011
    The player Jedi indeed trolls and spam quite a bit on our servers.

But, I indeed didn't notice any prior warning from Nawin in the game for this direct ban

Nawin said he did warn him about this the other day, that the context of that phrase was discriminatory.

I leave it up to LSA/Roots on this matter, my view on this, as I was on at the time of the ban, was should still be warned prior to direct ban.

Incident occured on
    Zombie Mod 1
    Around 7 or 8pm pacific.
  5. Jun 17, 2011
    Its true every player should be treated the same way. However I think what Penguin meant is that since you were an admin you should know the rules well enough to know what's right and whats wrong.
  6. Jul 14, 2010
    You knew it was against the rules and chose to say it to troll. This is not admin abuse.

It's funny because yesterday haplo said:
    Every player is treated equally. If a player knew the rules like you did + was an ex admin and was trolling they'd get the same punishment.
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    I come into the server and talk to people thats not trolling. Some people exaggerate being trolled. When ever I come into the servers I do my best to obey the rules. It seems now a days that whenever anyone chooses to speak in the server there being trolled.
  8. Apr 4, 2009
    I warned and muted you yesterday about the same thing.
  9. Sep 30, 2011
    I never trolled in the server. I said one thing the entire time white power out loud. I feel you should not even be in this forum topic according to the forum rules. Your comments have noting to do with what happened in the server at the time this happened.
  10. Jul 14, 2008
    Updated admin abuse thread posting rules.
  11. Sep 30, 2011
    That's very true I stopped didn't i? I came into the server and said 2 freaking words white power. How does that grant me as a troll/trolling or even a 4 hour ban.
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    In this case he was let off easy, the ban should be longer.
  13. Sep 30, 2011
    Look at the proof I submitted before even responding. I showed my proof no warnings nothing at all.
  14. Jul 14, 2008
  15. Sep 30, 2011
    So your gonna sit here and tell me that the 4 hour ban fits the crime of me saying white power? Being proud of someones race or even your own is not racism. It depends how you see it. They said I was trolling the server by saying those 2 words and the bann was for racism I know that. According to the rules I was given no warning nothing at all.
  16. Sep 29, 2011
    Was warned countless times by multiple admins yesturday to not use racist terms. He used the term "white power" in a derogatory manner.
    He along with sinister yesterday where stirring up trouble by trying to get away with saying racist terms such as "white power".
    He slipped away from getting banned.
    He came into server and first thing he says in his mic is "White power". <- felt like a 4 hour ban was appropriate for him.

I felt the warnings he received yesterday where sufficient enough to stay in his head for at least a span time greater than 72 hours.
    thus, i gave him a 4 hour ban to reflect on his actions.

If you do not think saying white power is racist, you should double check your definition of racism.
  17. Jul 14, 2010
    This right here is why you are considered a troll. You obviously said the statement to stir up some trouble and now you're making up a lame excuse for it.
    Here is some useful information for you. If an admin warns a player for breaking a rule and that player is caught breaking the same rule by any other admin, they do not get warned again. You say you try to "obey the rules" which would mean you have read them. So you go out and say something you know to be against the rules and now act as if you deserved another warning. You're pathetic.
  18. Sep 30, 2011
    You were never in the server when I was warned for your being dishonest sir. How did I use white power in a derogatory manner? Just because you think a word/words is a derogatory manner does not warrant a bann. That is you making up our own rules to apply a bann to someone. All I said was white power that is not a derogatory manner. I was warned a couple days ago by haplo about saying that. How did I slip away from being banned you don't know the rules at all.

The player Jedi indeed trolls and spam quite a bit on our servers.

But, I indeed didn't notice any prior warning from Nawin in the game for this direct ban

Nawin said he did warn him about this the other day, that the context of that phrase was discriminatory.

I leave it up to LSA/Roots on this matter, my view on this, as I was on at the time of the ban, was should still be warned prior to direct ban. Quote by infantary.
  19. Jun 17, 2011
    I may not have been there but If you did not get the message, you were warned many times for the same reason yesterday as today. Which concluded with a 4 hour ban...be lucky you weren't permanently banned and stop trying to find ways around rules just because it wasn't the same admin who warned you.
  20. May 27, 2008
    This. I think you were given a break, and instead of accepting it and deal with it, and ride out the temp ban, you choose to have your chances of being in the server again completely thrown out the window. You put yourself in a really terrible position.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.