Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

admin abuse on [bella basic] Plaguefest Admin

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by game02360759, Apr 10, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 5, 2012
    Admin bella was playing on minigames map mg_serpentis_temple when the server crashes, so when we reboot game02360759 nominates the map again. then right before the rtv ends [pf] Admin Bella canceld the vote. but when map changed he nominates once again it gets on about 4 minutes in bella then again changes the map to mg_break_a_box.
    ty
  2. Oct 30, 2011
    Yep she didn't give us an explanation, just seemed like she did not want to play it. A large majority of the server was rtv'n clearly wanting to play it. We told them to remove the spectators prior to the boss because it would crash the server as other admins already do so. Server crashed and we rtv'd to change it and she denied the first vote and when the map was changed to it she quickly changed the map to another.
  3. Feb 18, 2011
  4. Jul 1, 2011
    I was there. I thought the whole point of the RTV function is to give players a say on which map they want to play. The majority of the people obviously wanted it because it is a great map and we couldn't finish it (because no one removed the specs like Detonator does), but then the map must be changed because an admin dislikes it? She was asked for a reason and she didn't give one. It defeats the whole purpose of RTVing.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    She has a habit of doing this when she hops on ZM1. She enjoys a little too much freedom. I personally find her the most arrogant admin on pF, and that's saying something.
  6. May 27, 2008
    - You do not bring any help towards resolving the incident.[Meaning your input is not helpful in any way, i.e. not bringing any supporting evidence, chat logs, screenshots, demos, or if you end up arguing back and forth with someone.]

Just as a reminder, a couple of you are doing some of these things. Please bring in any evidence, chat logs, screenshots or demos. I'll have @Haplo bring in the logs, and we'll see what's up.
  7. Feb 7, 2012
    We were playing boom the crash and then game02360759 nominates it then it rtvs 22 votes in vote has been canceled like wdf? so we rtv it gets changed to rolf copter map he nominates it again it gets rtved and its on serpentis couple minutes in were climbing and it changed to another map we asked her why it was changed and canceled no answer wat so ever just a remark saying dont talk about it in game post on forums so thats what im doing lawlz :angry:
  8. Nov 14, 2010
    mg_serpentis_temple was over, everyone was sick of it, and the map only had a few minutes left before it crashed. All the nominations were reset, allowing some troll to renominate the map once again, forcing everyone to play the map all over again. By doing this as quick as he did, the nomination was #1 on the rtv list. Of course, people didn't like the default map so they rtv'd not realizing serpentis was going to be the first choice. Naturally, everyone mashed 1 because they were playing the game, and didn't have time to stop and read the map names. I canceled the vote because that was back-to-back map playing, and someone was taking advantage of it due to a crash. I took control of the situation in the best way that seemed fit and canceled the vote, allowing them to start another. Again, the same person nominates serpentis before any other nomination and the mashing began. When the map force-changed to serpentis, a bunch of people on mic starting complaining "We just played this!" and "Seriously? Again?" - Followed by leaving. I changed the map to the one that was voted 2nd place, mg_break-o-box_v4.

This was the best decision I could come up with to avoid losing people, and from back-to-back map playing. Especially a map that seems to be crashing. I told him to bring this up on the forums, but not as a form of abuse; whatever floats your boat, dude. Not only were you constantly questioning my administrating in game after I told you to bring it up in the forums, and not cause a problem on the server, you continued to do so. Luckly, you stopped before it got out of control. I appreciate your concern, but what you've said about me on the server was uncalled for and I hope to one day change your negative views on my administrating. I hope you realize why I canceled the vote and changed the map. If not, then read above.

Sorry to have upset you, but a person can only make so many people happy.

And for those of you who believe I changed it because I dislike the map, you are quite wrong. I actually really like that map (It's one of my favorites). Just ask anyone. :wink:
  9. Feb 5, 2012

Attached Files:

10. May 27, 2008
    Since the server crashed right at the end of the map, there really is no need to want to go back to it for repetition's sake. We can't let that happen. That is wrong. But she also should have contacted LSA+ before making that decision on her own.
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    I will just throw this in because I believe bella is the more probably story. Game, I have seen you play for some time now and I mean this in the least disrespectful way: you act like an outright fool. I can basically visualize the incident you reported where you would spam everyone to vote for your map. So judging from your past behavior I can assume nothing otherwise. I am sorry, but that is what it is.
  12. Feb 5, 2012

Attached Files:

13. Apr 4, 2009
    As Peter said it is not fair to take advantage of a server crash to avoid the "recently played" system, Bella has been talked to about contacting a LSA+ to help if there is this issue.

Serpentis has been removed till fixed.
  14. Mar 16, 2008
    I'm going to have to side with Bella as I disabled rtv yesterday for this very reason. This isn't ZE, the majority don't really want to play the same map again and I'm fine with her changing it.
  15. Jun 4, 2006
    Problem is whether or not the majority actually did or did not want to play the map again. From other witnesses and info gathered, it appears the case was players did indeed want to continue playing that map, and if that's what they want - fair game. @bellabasic was completely in the wrong to force a map change after serp won the map vote. With this & incidents from the past, we've decided a level demotion is in order.

However, her admin sub did expire 3 days ago so she's not currently an admin anymore. Whether or not she becomes an admin is up to her, however if she returns she will not be reinstated to the same level when she expired. She'll have to put in a request for former level again down the road.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.