Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Admin abuse - TonyTheTiger banned me for awping (???)

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by durlaC, Apr 12, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 12, 2013
    Not really sure there is much else to say besides the title. The reason given at http://bans.plaguefest.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:30126955 is "Launching zombies/griefing" which is probably a nonvalid reason to ban someone for. Basically we were playing zm_officesspace_pfss and i was up on the wall awping and shooting at zms with dual elites. out of nowhere, for no apparent reason i was banned by this admin.

Now, this is just a 30 minute ban and this is probably my third or so day on the server after i started playing zm again, so i could easily wait this out but if this isnt admin abuse i have no idea what is.

If awping zombies is against the rules then disallow the use of the awp? lower their pushback on zombies?idk. all i know is that i dont feel like i have been rightlfully banned.

Again: all i did is shoot at zombies with an awp and dual elite pistols. i did not engage in any other shape or form of anything that can be even remotely considered "griefing" (and the reason given for my ban clearly shows that.)

2. May 27, 2008
    See, I think the problem stems from the fact that you may have launched a zombie, which is a very valid reason for banning, as it falls under griefing in our rules for ZM, as shown below.
    Do not grief.
    This includes but is not limited to team killing or humans purposely launching zombies into other humans.

I'm hoping a warning was given out prior to this incident, but we can never run off only one side of the story. Let's wait for @Tony the Tiger!! :D to tell his.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    As the admins will see in the comments of the ban, i had warned several other players before him and banned one other player for launching. I proceeded to warn him. Then another admin did a warning to the general server. When he launched again, the zombie landed on the other side of the wall. I can't remember if the zombie actually killed anyone, but he clearly launched him. Griefing is against the rules, and it's really irritating on Officespace. Honestly, the AWP should just be illegal. It's rarely ever used properly. I will edit this post in a moment with screenshots of my chat log.

Also, i realized that there wasnt someone warning the server in general, but warning the same player i did once earlier. He should have been paying attention to the chat warnings. There were plenty of them, and i warned over the mic at least once.
    Tony The Tiger, Apr 12, 2013 Last edited by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Apr 12, 2013
  4. Apr 12, 2013
    There was no warning that i saw...
    And as far as i honestly know (i almost always check where the zombies land for follow up shots), no i did not launch any zombies into other humans with my awp, neither did i see anyone complain about me doing so.

i know what griefing is, and i did not grief anyone (unless you consider being shot at by the opposite team in counter strike as griefing, in which case you should probably play another game)

now looking at my console i do see tonythetiger issuing a warning. "(Admin) [pF] [=D] Tony The Tiger!! : D: Durlac Do not launch zombie with the AWP!". but 1) i did not see this (which is probably somewhat my fault) and 2) literally 5 lines after that i got banned (i got banned right when the round ended --- with that fancy blue overlay on the screen) 3) i dont think launching zombies (unless you do it to grief humans, which as far as i honestly know is not what i did) is against the rules.
    durlaC, Apr 12, 2013 Last edited by durlaC, Apr 12, 2013
  5. Feb 27, 2012

From what i saw, you were hitting direct headshots with the intention to toss zombies to the other side of the map. You are allowed to shoot them, but don't do it in the direction of other players like that. It's not fair for them. Be careful of your shots when you have the AWP on officespace.
  6. Apr 12, 2013
    this is fine. even though i dont believe i broke any of the server rules i should have seen the warnings and the fact you banned other people before you banned me...

i still think this is somewhat of a bs ban though. if i am not supposed to be launching zombies at all (and the awp is completely useless if you dont hit headshots with it on zm) then why allow the awp at all ?
  7. Feb 27, 2012
    You are allowed to use it, just use it correctly. Say you're holding down a long part of the wall, and a zombie is approaching. If you hit him in the head to push him back down, that is allowed. Just as long as you aren't launching them towards other humans from the rooftop, it's allowed to use. If that makes a little more sense.
  8. Apr 12, 2013
    That's the point. i did not launch the zombie into any human :\

this isnt going anywhere.
  9. Feb 8, 2013
    What Tony meant is if it's in your intentions to launch a zombie (may be your friend or partner), then it is not allowed. Simple. Don't do it. It goes towards grieving. Other than that, enjoy the game!
  10. Jul 14, 2010
    Interpreting the issue as this..

Durlac awped a zombie unknowingly into another human group. Tony saw this and interpreted it as on purpose and had warned before and went for a ban. A zombie didn't get on his head and purposely be launched. That or Durlac is lying about purposely shooting the zombie into the humans, no evidence on that. If the first is true, then seems like a mis-understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: If you are lined up with another human group and awping zombies sends them flying at the humans, you might wanna aim in a different direction. Griefing is griefing no matter if you were unaware of it.
  11. Feb 27, 2012
    On officespace, if you stand on the building as a zombie, humans can headshot you towards other humans on the wall. Players commonly do it to troll. I should have been recording, but i forgot to. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding though. I saw it as him trying to troll humans on the other side of the map.
  12. Jul 1, 2010
    I'm not seeing any abuse here. There were multiple warnings and other people being disciplined before you were banned, and you were banned well below the recommended length of time. In the future, be careful while using the AWP.

@Tony the Tiger!! :D Please make sure to record a demo next time.

13. Detonator
    This message by Detonator has been removed from public view. Deleted by Detonator, Apr 13, 2013, Reason: ninja.
    Apr 13, 2013
  14. Sep 25, 2010
    I thought this was worth adding:
    You should warn -> kick -> ban. The kick is important because if people miss chat warning the kick will get their attention.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.