Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Admin abuse

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by daniel corona, Nov 2, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 26, 2013
    I didnt know my spray that i have had since i been play was not allowed. All it says is showtek the admin has no idea what it mean and kicks me doesnt tell me hey take it off or anything. i thought it was a mistake but he said no that am advertising. There are so many sprays in the game that are going to be "advertising".so i feel like this admin btw name is NAYR!!!! shouldnt have admin if he is going to be playing around with it when he is bored.
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    A picture of the spray would be helpful. Are you sure you didn't miss the warning in chat? Not really much proof brought so I'll see if @Nayr wants to add anything.
  3. Seeker
    This message by Seeker has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seeker, Nov 2, 2013, Reason: sdfzertdgyh.
    Nov 2, 2013
  4. GANGSTALICIOUS
    This message by GANGSTALICIOUS has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seeker, Nov 2, 2013, Reason: not needed..
    Nov 2, 2013
  5. Feb 21, 2007
  7. Jul 26, 2013

2013-11-02_00002
  8. Feb 11, 2012
    This used to be in rules but not anymore maybe its incorrect nowadays? (ban part)
  9. Jul 14, 2010
    Hmm, I think Nayr did his job according to the rules, but maybe we should expand the rules to only include taking action against advertising for things that actually take players away, like gaming sites, promotional offers, other servers, etc. This just seems like a little music group that doesn't really harm the population of pF. I'd say Nayr didn't do the wrong thing, but the rules kinda are broad for advertising.

Management changed the ban guidelines to admin only view because some players would exploit these by trying to go around and say admins didn't follow proper procedure when they were getting in trouble every other day and trying to start a clean slate the next day. (Repeat offenders thing).
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    so i am going to stay banned ? even tho i need to get the screen shot ? and ya it isnt about gaming. how is it advertising tho ?
  11. Jan 21, 2011
    You're posting a link to a website. Its clear advertising. I'll wait for management to weigh in on this.
  12. Orange
    This message by Orange has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeNguiN, Nov 2, 2013, Reason: Not very helpful.....
    Nov 2, 2013
  13. Jul 26, 2013
    what link ? you cant copy and past no link it is a pray and i had no warning !!!
  14. Orange
    This message by Orange has been removed from public view. Deleted by Secprotocol, Nov 2, 2013, Reason: Refrain from posting in threads not involving you..
    Nov 2, 2013
  15. Jul 26, 2013
    at this point anything would be. dont you think?
  16. May 31, 2012
  17. Apr 24, 2012
    I did warn him in chat before I kicked him.
  18. Jul 26, 2013
    how was i going to take it off and two i didnt even see the warning
  19. Dec 30, 2006
    Given that your spray has a URL clearly printed in the spray, it would be considered advertisement. Any sort of advertisement is not really allowed regardless. If we allow a little group to be "borderline" then we would be jumped on by trolls. It would be wise to proceed by keeping the rule simple and to the point.

From this point on, I would advise on changing your spray to something else that doesn't have a URL on it.
  20. Apr 24, 2012
    You need to look at the chat. I warned you in chat and you sprayed it again.
  21. Jul 26, 2013
    Post Merged, Nov 2, 2013
    wow ok now you tell me ill do that but it can say showtek just no url ?
  22. Apr 24, 2012
    When you came back after I kicked you I explained it to you again while you were arguing with me in the chat, then you came in the next map and sprayed it again.
  23. Jul 26, 2013
    i mean i have had this spray since i been playing here and now i get shit from it? all the big admins had since it and never got anything for it. only cuz this new kid was bored and just found any lil thing but it is fair enough it had a url link i never notice that. ill have it change but i can have a showtek spray just no url ?
  24. Jul 14, 2010
    Alright, so basically, we only tend to ban for advertising when the spray or url or ip address to another server is attempting to steal players from pF or direct players to some sort of marketing scheme. This just looks like a supportive spray of the players favorite ban/music group. Nayr didn't do anything wrong according to the rules. The rules are just a little vague about explaining this. Unbanning sexypanda and just a little note to admins to not enforce advertising on players who use sites that aren't really malicious to pF's population. (Should probably not spray your spray for now until there's a final say). We've allowed sprays that supported things like cannabis before and funny sprays that include their links on them back to the site like 9gag.

Secprotocol pretty much contradicts me though so I guess this isn't the final say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.