Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Admin chat

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Drunk Cat, Jan 17, 2014

1. Oct 13, 2011
    A little chat box only for admins & lsa & management. Instead of using messages, creating forum threads (for little things) we can use this little chat box. I'm pretty sure this thing will help new admins and admins with questions.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • May 31, 2012
      Not a bad idea for quick questions. Obviously, I'm not an admin... but I think it would have been useful in the past and will be useful in the future. +support
    • Oct 18, 2012
      +support. That actually sounds like a very good idea.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      I'm kind of indifferent to this. My question is, is it really worth the effort, and will it be utilized properly.
      Currently the forums contain most if not all the answers that new admins have questions about, they just have to spend the time and look for it.
      We already have forums, private messaging, steam chat, mumble, admin trainers with a training server, and in game chat to ask and answer any questions that new admins have. They just have to be willing to utilize that.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      What's wrong with the chat already on the side?
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011
        I don't see much need. The questions that would be asked can simply be asked directly over steam chat.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • May 31, 2012
          What if a new admin is on, has very few other admin friends, and no LSAs are on. Good chance two admins are on at the same time... different servers ie. zombie escape and zombie mod... they can pop a quick question in the admin chat without looking stupid (for a simple admin related question) on the public chat.

Not necessarily a NEED for it, but I think it's an optimization to our current system of post repeat-threads, threads on simple questions, and confusion when limited amount of people are on; a great way to get a partner when there is a minor "situation".

I still think it's a good idea.
        • Oct 13, 2011
          I was going to say exactly same thing. Not every new admin adds all lsa.

There is nothing wrong with it. It's just public.
        • Oct 18, 2012
          We could also have admin orgys. +1 for admin orgys.
          • Like Like x 4
          • Dec 17, 2007
            if i have a question i just go to @Tony the Tiger!! :grin:…tony has all the answers :razzdrunk:
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              • Zing! Zing! x 2
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Dec 17, 2007
                lol i clicked on yours and for some reason it didn't work…but you're still my hero…lol
                Post Merged, Jan 18, 2014
                you wanna join in…bc me and tony are having one right now ^
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Oct 18, 2012
                • Dec 8, 2013
                  maybe the idea of an "admin only" chat is a bit much, but there should be some sort of paging system. this could work between admins and even players to admins needing support on an issue. we all know we don't have every single member of this community online. a paging/notification system would solve that missing middle ground. same rules apply as they do in servers: first admin to reply handles the situation.
                  Post Merged, Jan 18, 2014
                  a quick google search shows many free available scripts to send SMS (or other types of messages to diff services) via web/php scripts
                • Dec 17, 2007
                • Mar 12, 2008
                  It's so mainstream, not even the salmon swim in it.

Instead of creating a topic in admin only that future admins can refer to and learn from, it would be faster and easier to have an admin-onry chatbox so that the same question/issue can be answered/adressed multiple times!
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Dec 30, 2006
                    • Winner Winner x 2
                    • Informative Informative x 1
                    • Feb 3, 2012
                      I personally don't think it would handle well if we have it added. As Seeker said, this can easily be handled via steam chat if an admin has a question.
                    • Apr 3, 2013
                      Can't we just use the group chat in the steam group? Sounds bulky but that would work