Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Admin only voice chat?

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Isnukamex, Sep 22, 2016

1. Aug 6, 2016
    As we all know. I am the worst with computers and what can and can't be done with them. I did think of an idea though and it seemed good enough to myself to post about it. I was wondering if there was a way we could do Admin only voice chat? It would help admins discuss matters privately about players and rules and almost anything. When the servers are fuller and the chat box is scrolling constantly due to the players, (Very often done when players are trying to report said rule breakers) admin only chat can very easily be lost in the fire. Scrolling back to read what was said only forces the admins to have to slowly catch back up in admin only chat and it slows down response times to cade breaking/blocking/griefing/hacking. Every second does count and can defuse a situation before it gets out of hand. I wouldn't know if this feature is able to be "played with" per server or if it is a strict game feature. If it is possible we could even have the mic light up be the same color as admin only chat in order to assure the privacy of the conversation so that other admins know who it is directed towards. Let me know what you think. :smile: Vocalization is always preferred over texts. It is much harder to misinterpret speech vs texts. I know we have a mumble. I have not used it since I don't have it downloaded and it would simply make it easier to not be forced to use both mumble and the ingame voice. If this is simply a poor idea, ignore me :smile: The thread can die on it's own. Thanks for any and all opinions/further insight. :smile:
  2. Apr 26, 2015
    Team Speak would be easier.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Aug 6, 2016
      If there is going to be another engine to use as speech I would assume mumble would be the default since that is the Plague Fest mumble. This was only an option for ingame and to simply not force admins to use multiple engines. I said opinions. If you read between the lines, I said only positive ones that support my witty ideas. :clap::dance: <3 Don't destroy my thread with a heartless 5 words. D: :heartbroken:
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Sep 18, 2016
        Next thing you know, mandatory admin mumble will be the next admin rule.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Feb 27, 2012
          This would be the best option. But we have a mumble server, not teamspeak. Everyone is welcome to join mumble and encouraged. Meet other members of the community and have some fun and play other games with them as well. It's also a good place to find and LSA or Management sometimes if you don't have them added on steam.

Here's everything you need to know about Mumble. http://plaguefest.com/servers/mumble/
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Dec 2, 2011

Yup TTT is right as nice as that would be its much easier to just DL mumble if you don't have it already, and just sit in your own private channel or one of the other rooms that are provided by PF, if you have any other questions or need any help just message me or ask TTT if he can/will help you.. Sorry bud I just volunteered you.