Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

admin purchase QUESTION

Discussion in Help Desk started by Softcore, Dec 30, 2011

1. Jun 24, 2011
    I purchased donator like a week ago and was thinking Hey, I would like to be an admin. So is there any way I could give you the $5 now or do I have to pay a whole $15?
  2. Jun 19, 2011
    I think it will be fine if you are okay with only 3 weeks of admin instead of 4 weeks. But if I were you, I won't even gonna bother converting as I think paying admin is support the community and not paying a fee. Please don't hate me for what I said, it's only what I think and may be stupid (my brother thinks I'm stupid 98% of the times).
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    Ray can work something out with you. On a side note, you are like the 3rd or 4th donator to convert to admin within a day I think, Whoa :grin:
  4. Jun 24, 2011
    But isn't it a subscription? I wana start it now because I love the ZE server a lot and have been admin before. :smile:
  5. Jun 19, 2011
    Well even if Ray converts your subscription (you have to create a new subscription after this period), you will have to get trained first then you can use your power.
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    Actually, he can't, we can't, we won't. The only things we work out are issues with subscriptions themselves, or refunds (which aren't applicable for donator to admin transfers). We do not transfer subscriptions, nor do we create special subscriptions or prorated subscriptions, et cetera, et cetera. This is not our decision, it's merely a limitation of our current subscription system & paypal. Not to mention the IPN which loves to remove people due to overlapping subs (new site will fix this, if I can get my solution for the new admin system to work, which is what I've been working on the past 3 weeks).

If you wish to obtain admin asap, you will need to cancel your donator subscription via Paypal (see how: http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/4921-surprises-guide-to-admindonator-cancellation/), if you have not done so already. You may then sign up for admin which is instant activation (on map change), however note that _all_ admins must go through training with one of our trainers before he/she can use the admin powers. You can, however, enjoy the donator perks that come with admin until you are trained. Training is quick and easy, and mandatory regardless of past experience (training includes inviting you to various groups). The only time training isn't mandatory is for returning admins who aren't returning after long absences.

Also the problem with you just giving us $5 now on top of the $10 you spent a week ago (which seems like a simple solution and easy to do), is it would mean you'd get 2 months of admin for $15, and then at a renewal rate of $10 every 2 months for any months following. This is because your subscription is still controlled by Paypal, not us. It creates these unchangeable terms when you first sign up, we cannot change this, you can only cancel it and start fresh with a different subscription plan.

Hope you understand and thanks for your support. :smile:
  7. Jun 19, 2011
    Don't kill me for my idea... What if she cancels her current subscription and sends another $5 to pf to manually get her admin up for the first month, then create another sub for admins after the first month (3 weeks or whatever).
  8. Sep 30, 2011
    It's nice that you're supporting the community and all, but I don't see you being able to jump ship to admin for only $5.
    In my eyes, you should have thought a little longer about your purchase choice.
    Also, just wait out the rest of your donator sub, then once it's up transfer to admin. You'll have more experience, plus a stronger foundation in the community.
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    You shouldn't worry about it too much, I cancelled my sub. after 3 weeks for admin. Don't think about it as losing money, think about it as the money is going to a good cause to help the servers become better =)

And yes, I was planning on admin for a while now, and since Joey had gotten his, (we talk a bit through steam) I thought it was time for me to purchase mine. It was also because I had to deal with a bunch of dumbass rule-breaking dickheads the other night, and I wasn't able to mute/kick/ban. :angry:
  10. Jun 19, 2011
    That's what I meant :smile: welcome
  11. Jun 24, 2011
    How do I cancel the subscription I have now?
  12. Sep 25, 2010