Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Returning Admin Subscription: Vadleon

Discussion in Admin Subscriptions started by Vadleon, Sep 13, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 12, 2011
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19260923
    Paypal Profile ID: I-EU5RMLPD4N48

SourceBans Account: Vadleon (Active)
    Previous Admin Level: 3
    Last Promotion Thread (if 2+): http://plaguefest.com/threads/vadleons-lv-3-promotion-request.8200/

Re-Training: None needed
    Previous Subscription Expiration: Sept. 5th, 2012 (about a week ago)

After a minor delay getting a new card, I've resubbed for another 3 months. I'll see you folks online sometime soon and hopefully try my hand at CS:GO! :zombiekiller:

As requested for bumpage, @Brian. :smile:

Also, I have a small question about Paypal. Since I didn't cancel my last card sub before it tried pinging it for another payment, it says I have an unpaid outstanding balance (as per a recurring payment). The card has nothing left on it and I'm curious if I can make the notice go away or if it'll be left on my payments. If you wish I can PM you about it, Brian.
    • Like Like x 1
      Vadleon, Sep 13, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Sep 13, 2012
    • May 15, 2011
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Welcome back, now stop with the JC2MP stuff :razz: Join us on CSS!
    • Oct 29, 2010
      SB account still active (not that you'll ever use it! :razz:)

Obviously no re-training needed.

I'll leave this open for Brian to respond, I assume he'll take care of your level as well. Welcome back!
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Bumped back to 3. As far as paypal goes, TL;DR - you don't need to worry about the outstanding balance, as long as your previous sub is cancelled you're good to go.

What happens is if a payment fails for any reason, Paypal will continue to try and collect the payment at 5 day intervals, a total of 3 times until it suspends the profile/subscription, at which point it notifies the user and says they have an outstanding balance. Why paypal doesn't notify them when the payment FAILS is beyond me, so I'll have to start taking that matter into my own hands / see if I can work with the IPN to automate it.

Admins/donators who fail payments are then downgraded on the forums within 24 hours depending on the time of day they signed up when they started their subscription, but this doesn't mean their sub on paypal is over, just means their access to admin power is disabled until they pay what's due, and they will be upgraded back to server admin automatically upon successful payment to their subscription (though I have no idea how one makes a manual payment exactly via Paypal after a failed payment yet), some people fix their source of funds and then wait for paypal to try again, but most will simply cancel the sub which leads to paypal saying "hey, outstanding balance pal!" but you can ignore it and simply start a new sub. paypal's recurring billing service is a bit odd... I plan to write a page in the wiki about subs/paypal to try and ease some of the common confusion, it'll also be a place i can link to in any e-mails that get sent out about failed payments and how to rectify it if they wish to continue their sub.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Informative Informative x 1
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.