Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Admin Trial idea

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by sandmankim, Oct 28, 2011

1. Oct 16, 2011
    -$20
    -Only allowed to Ban (less than a day ban) and Kick. No perm bans.
    -Only lasts 1 month.
    -Can be rebought
    -After trial is up, can submit ticket on forums and get a majority vote. If they are successful from the vote, they get perm admin.
  2. Apr 2, 2011
    ... or they could get admin for 15 dollars a month.... just saying....
  3. Oct 16, 2011
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    Yea the system we have now is fine me thinks.
  5. Aug 4, 2011
    I rather pay $15 a month vs $20 for a trial.
  6. Oct 22, 2010
    trial? isn't that wat training + level 1 is?
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Problem with admins getting admin, or any subscription, full time or permanent, is the servers are a monthly expense... we need monthly subscriptions to stay alive, not one time fees, especially when said fee is only $5 more.

I can see the appeal for a trial system to weed out bad admins and to ensure those managing our servers are only individuals that _should_ be managing the servers, but we have several layers in place to ensure this already with our current monthly sub setup (such as mandatory training and our internal affairs department). We also track just about everything an admin does, good and bad, behind the scenes, and with the new site new admins won't even get admin powers until they are trained. They'll only instantly receive in-game perks (skins, reserve slot, etc), not powers.

Appreciate the suggestion though. Always looking for ways to improve any aspect of our community, albeit they're solid & good solutions / improvements.