Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved admin vision.

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by son of allah, Aug 9, 2017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 24, 2011
    All admins who care to join the server (bapple, doc, kyro, sec, oxa etc.) on the last 6 weeks have seen my name thought about it, made an actual google search or at least had basic language classes and are capable of realizing what it means and what i doesn't, this admin is trying to over extend the rules calling negro-t racist. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=negro-t

and if you really want to look at it more literally for what it sounds like:
    https://tinyurl.com/y9684v7u
    son of allah, Aug 9, 2017 Last edited by son of allah, Aug 9, 2017
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    I don't understand what is going on. What is your ingame name? And what is that google search supposed to show exactly? Is your name "negro-t" or "negrot" or "negro t"? What did Army Pro Vision do? What is your steamid? These are things that you should have posted when making this thread. Please provide us with something so we can resolve the issue. So far you've failed to provide any of the points below.

3. Apr 26, 2015
    I don't really know what this thread is about. Are you saying that some admins have made google searches about your names? What abuse is happening? I've also never seen you use this name, the only name of yours I ever recall seeing is "try harder faggot". Though the use of the word "Negro" shouldn't technically be enforced, unless players are specifically using it to skirt around the racism rules. However, Based on your steam picture, I feel its quite certain your use of a Mr Clean wearing Nazi attire with an ethnic cleansing motto, and name of Mr. Clean Negro - T to be definitely pushing our rules.

So what exactly is this abuse thread on, about, and can you provide any proof?
  4. May 6, 2017
    Quit trying to play your name off as "Hispanic name"

ign: MR. CLEAN NEGRO-T

Mr. T is A black man....

[IMG]
    You including His name with the word Negro is what implies it, as you basically calling Mr. T a Negro

Either way your name isn't mixed in with Spanish words to assume your just saying Black "negro" in spanish as Blanco is white. I'm just enforcing the rules. I asked you nicely multiple times to change it, you told me to go fuck myself, then I kicked you after 3x warnings.
    PF Doc Watson even yelled at you to just go change it and you just went to forums, which is fine I like that you did so it can get resolved. As I don't want to be a admin who falsely kicks people/warns them without proper reason, I always like to hear the others opinions and reasons to why it should be allowed. Which leads us here.

Hope to get others inputs.

-Pro Vision

Edit Just saw your post Kyro:
    Yes Kyro the name "Mr Clean Negro T" is his ign, which I was enforcing is definitely passing the limits.
    I asked nicely to change it , as anything else mixed in with Negro "Pantalones Negro" Black pants or whatever on the terms, I wouldn't of minded. It including MR. T who is a black man, changes that. Especially with the word Negro in it.
  5. Oct 29, 2010
  6. Jul 24, 2011
    I am sorry i do not have steam ID of the offender but that is his name.

1) my steam id link http://steamcommunity.com/id/sacabu/
    2) name of the offender: Army Pro Vision
    3) warned that negro was racist, tried to explain, asked him to google the meaning of negro in spanish, while many people in game told him of the meaning and got kicked twice claiming it was because he said so, Doc was there and supported him as it is admin protocol, in-game admins are right till proven otherwise with a reasonable argument in forums and i am aware of that so i didn't rejoin and came here instead.

And about the image if it is seen as illegal i will remove it, it is banneable on german servers where saying fag in chat is at least a kick, lets not talk about what that image would give me on those servers lol.
  7. Apr 26, 2015
    Players are allowed to say Negro on the server in most cases (Like Momo says above, Negro is not a racial slur). Players are not allowed for example to say Kill all the negros.

This post by Tony sums it up really well.

Overall, because @son of allah's steam picture is this, I would say he's attempting to skirt around the rules. Yes, the word negro itself isn't a racial slur, but in this sort of context I feel he's using it to bend around that to "lololol what do you mean negro is a racial slur go google the word I'm not attempting to be edgy with my ethnic cleansing photo at all I'm not racist at all xD".

Overall I'd change your name and remove that picture cause I'm not buying into this at all. I think ARMY was right in this case to enforce it considering what you were attempting to imply.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 24, 2011
      Oh yes i also remember that you said something about Mr. T lol. idk how that would fit into a racist remark using "negro" and thats the first time i have thought about, it does seemed quite odd and in my view an attempt to connect the dots like one of those exercises where they conclude the 9/11 was an inside job or finding 42 as the answer to some random math haha uh but yeah. oh and its mr clean the mascot brand btw.
    • Apr 26, 2015
      To clear this a little more, if your name in game was just Negro-T I'd personally have to reason to suspect anything, I don't really get how you made a Mr. T connection out of it though, I think that part is jumping to conclusion just a little bit.
    • Jul 24, 2011
      it is a chemical compound that is highly corrosive, that is why i posted the links, any spanish speaking chemist knows that and gets a giggle when mentioned. if you want i can use a name that cites the entire compound if that and the image are an issue after all, note he wasn't making a mention on the image he was talking about the name.

Also i have never used racial remarks against anybody in any way ingame, tho i use homosexual remarks wildly, never had a problem with that and if there were one i would stop. not looking to fool rules just a mexican chemist here, note as well that racism is rampant against me and other ppl on the server from time to time but i am not a lamb if i get hit i hit back but i don't do so by breaking any rules.
      son of allah, Aug 9, 2017 Last edited by son of allah, Aug 9, 2017
    • May 6, 2017
      the link you posted brought me to a page where it is basic spanish words

dog
      book
      library
      blanco
      negro
      pants

Nothing with Chemical Compounds. I saw the image Kyro is talking about of the

And from this I also see you "JUST" Started using the name..
      If you had stuck to all the Mr. Clean excluding Negro-T then that would have been fine.

The mix of a Nazi Soldier with "Mr. Ethnic cleansing" Basically shows you have something to show towards other races.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Jul 24, 2011
      At the end if the image is interpreted as a boost for a hidden meaning of my name then i can change it to just a simple white t-shirt mr. clean image. as it was for some time.
      Post Merged, Aug 9, 2017
      please care to read it is exactly where the word comes from in spanish grammar not "basic words" -augmentative suffixes* in spanish, using those you can say negro and negroTE being TE the augmentative suffix as it is thorougly explained in that page. that almost seemed like waving it on a mocking tone..
      and here is the* chemical compound in the other link, again i placed all the info there...
      https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negro_de_eriocromo_T
      Post Merged, Aug 9, 2017
      Overall from what i see the image DOES seem to come out as offensive and not accepted on the community, if that is the problem itself then feel free to see i have changed it back. As for the name which was the actual original dispute it is not intended to be and so it is not racist.
    • Apr 26, 2015
      We're not Spanish speaking chemists, nor do I see any mention that its a chemical compound or anything in your chat logs, so if ARMY warned you for it I would think you'd actually say something that its a chemistry joke or something along the lines. (We also haven't been provided with any chat logs, screen shots, or demos of this incident which Tony had asked for).

Judging by your past names: VELCRO HEAD MR. CLEAN, VELCRO HEAD (AFRO) MR. CLEAN, and SKIPPY POOFTER MR. CLEAN (Heres the first link in google when searching) I'm not really buying into this all that well. If I saw the name in game, and that alone I wouldn't really think much of it, even with your provided context of it. Though, I think its obvious what your intentions are using these names and that very specific steam profile image. You keep saying negro has a different meaning to you in Spanish, but you're also aware of the English meaning of it and you're using it to bend the rules. Its hard to say you're not trying to bend the rules when you have a Mr. Clean wearing a Nazi uniform as your steam profile picture with a "Mr. Ethnic Cleansing" plastered in front of it.

Overall, you should change your name to something that isn't bending the rules. I'd probably buy into letting the name slide at face value if I saw it in game, if you didn't have a picture like that, or seeing your previous game names like VELCRO HEAD (AFRO).

@Army pro vision was right in this case (overall) to ask you to change your name, however I think you jumped to a conclusion too soon. Try not to jump to a solid conclusion with the name like you did. Negro is not a racial slur, and its always the context behind it that is important (Like you said above, "as anything else mixed in with Negro "Pantalones Negro" Black pants or whatever on the terms, I wouldn't of minded."). Try to not look too deep into a secret meaning, like however you jumped to Mr T. . The name alone, MR. CLEAN NEGRO-T may seem like its instantly wrong, but at face value doesn't seem that bad. Judge the players character. The only reason I'm saying it was right to do it was the information behind the player and the discovered context of it, at face value the name means nothing.

I'm just going to lock this because I don't think this thread is going to go anywhere otherwise, LSAs can add to discussion if needed.

Its the image behind the name for my conclusion. Its about context, in this case context behind your name. Your name seems to be implying that you want to ethnically cleanse "Negros".
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.